What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Knights

John Hamblin

Juniors
Not the best performance with 20 minutes to go our completion rate was 14/25.After that we got some ascendancy when we didn.t drop the ball. Credit to Newcastle who hung in there but looked out on their feet, A big wake up call and reminder that no game is a gimme

GongPanther

Referee
I was at the game and have to say the atmosphere was great.
Hats off to the Newcastle crowd they were great, they even chanted “Newcastle Newcastle” at the end of the game as a sign of respect to their team.
Heaps of Panthers fans were at the game.
Our performance wasn’t amazing but getting a close win is always great.
The one negative that was very obvious was the field was an absolute mess. They had the soccer on the night before and large patches of the field were churned up before kick off.
I think both teams are very lucky not to have some injuries.
Not to mention the reserve grade game before the NRL. That makes perfect sense why we were losing our footing so much. I bet the Penrith players didn't pack their long studded boots being thinking it wasn't going to be a wet day.

Iamback

Coach
They aren’t told not to grubber that’s just pulled out of nowhere. Soni has been doing it every week he’s been played including tonight, Luai tried a grubber tonight just executed it terribly and cost us 20m. Cleary is doing his job and coming up with great plays even when the attack is not good, Luai is not and he’s giving away penalties regularly when we are not under pressure. He isn’t the only one Kenny and Moses are repeat offenders in that area but they also play in the middle and make a lot more tackles.

Martin in 3 games has 8 errors

but for me Crichton has been the worst performer but as I said Edwards is the only on that is playing at an elite level

Hell tonight Luai ran for more metres than To'o so even he is down

Last edited:

Murraymob1

Juniors
Too had a quiet game but a lot of that was good tactics by Newcastle.The kicked high and deep to Turuva corner .he just did not get over to do his run out

betcats

Referee
According to nrl.com stats Yeo missed 4 tackles in round 1. Since then he has missed 0. Sitting on 98.5 tackle efficiency rate.

martielang

Bench
Think Cleary gets a bit of a free ride because he can kick field goals when needed.

He’s been no better than Luai with ball this year. Bit of Moses downhill skier about his attack this year. Looks like a world beater when we’re on the front foot but has made some seriously average decisions/plays when teams have pressured him. Needs to be much better than what he’s shown.

In saying all that, you don’t want to be firing on all cylinders in April.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Think Cleary gets a bit of a free ride because he can kick field goals when needed.

He’s been no better than Luai with ball this year. Bit of Moses downhill skier about his attack this year. Looks like a world beater when we’re on the front foot but has made some seriously average decisions/plays when teams have pressured him. Needs to be much better than what he’s shown.

Nathan is playing at about 5/10. Luai is at 0/10

Chins get the wins

First Grade
As I see it we have a few options to help Luai. We either bring in a backrower who can pass or Cole at centre to ballplay.

Or he's given a spell in cup.

After his fantastic world cup I have no idea how he's playing so badly.

Iamback

Coach
Yep if Nathan is downhill skiing Luai is stumbling and falling down hill.

Martie is right. Look at his struggles in Origin.
We stuggle when coming from behind.
Our team is great we can get on the front foot and strangle teams but when we need a plan be we stuggle

Iamback

Coach

It was going to be a slow burn for me. I have never seen him and Yeo throw so many ordinary passes. Atleast 6 last night went to ground when we spread it

Luke Bowden

First Grade
As I see it we have a few options to help Luai. We either bring in a backrower who can pass or Cole at centre to ballplay.

Or he's given a spell in cup.

After his fantastic world cup I have no idea how he's playing so badly.
This is a pretty big over reaction.

Luai was great against Manly and the Raiders.

Last night the Knights focused on our halves and did a great job of shutting them down. As a result, he and Nathan were frustrated and played poorly.

A couple of simple adjustments this week at training fix that.

Murraymob1

Juniors
This is a pretty big over reaction.

Luai was great against Manly and the Raiders.

Last night the Knights focused on our halves and did a great job of shutting them down. As a result, he and Nathan were frustrated and played poorly.

A couple of simple adjustments this week at training fix that.
Yep as I said before halftime last night we play better when we play straight.get back to that and we create space for Cleary and Luai.

Latest posts