What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rovelli GONE

Martli

Coach
I'd go with

6. Moon
7. Fien
9. Hendo
14. Hohaia

Keep the pressure on the halves with Stacey, Witt can be back up back up.

Rovelli

Bench
Whilst I love Stacey, let's not just automatically say that he will return to his 2002 form.

Fien would be my #1 halfback at the moment.

The depth chart should go:
6. Witt/Moon
7. Fien/Jones
9. Hendo/Hohaia

Things we know: Fien and Jones probably won't work.

I like to see what Moon can offer though. Witt was well and truly MIA in the preliminary final.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I'd go with

6. Moon
7. Fien
9. Hendo
14. Hohaia

Keep the pressure on the halves with Stacey, Witt can be back up back up.
Simply the Warriors have obviously planned on ousting more players out of the club.

I suspect they will leave Witty out to dry in reserve grade.

But lets be honest here – if it was up to me I would drop him to Fox Memorial I’m sure Mt Albert could stack there team with more warrior contracted players.

If fien or jones arent playing halfback then I would assume the next two backups are Liam Foran and Aaron Heremaia – after that I would place Witt just ahead of Isaac John.

Why waste FG exposure and development on a guy who has been at what four different clubs be given opportunities and clearly has little ability.

Flick Witt he is not required. Please other than Witty Fan who actually thinks that Witt? Is required or any good in general.

Warriors have very good depth. Plenty of Options at hooker, half, fullback and with youngster like Ah Mau coming through they’ll have plenty of forwards too.

boldy

Juniors
I think Witt has been OK in 2008, he is certainly no shining star. He has had ample time to prove himself. Time to bring on some other players.

Actually my main reason for Witt being dropped is the hope that Wittyfan will pi$$ off to someone elses forum.

lockyno1

Post Whore
leaving Hohaia out would be a disaster imo, the guy offers a hell of a lot in more than 1 spot.

Maybe so but he can't play centre and is ordinary in the halves. Apart from hooker (and would you not prefer a regular backup hooker anyway) what position other than fullback does he play?

Skinner

Coach
Maybe so but he can't play centre and is ordinary in the halves. Apart from hooker (and would you not prefer a regular backup hooker anyway) what position other than fullback does he play?

So, um, why can't he play centre ??

Everytime I've watched him play in that spot, he has done fairly well.

He is worse than ordinary in the halves though....

Cheers

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

Sounding a bit like Moon, average in the centres and unproven in the halves

wittyfan

Referee
I think Witt has been OK in 2008, he is certainly no shining star. He has had ample time to prove himself. Time to bring on some other players.

Actually my main reason for Witt being dropped is the hope that Wittyfan will pi$$ off to someone elses forum.

That's lovely! :lol:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Simply put Lance will play good anywhere bar prop in a warriors jersey if he is left there long enough.

He has been best being the link man outwide (coming into the line) and basically playing 5/8. So he could definately play 6. Regardless of what anybody says.

He is Warriors through and through could of and should of left numerous times - he wont play for another club unless forced out.

A regular spot has to left to this World Champion.

Warriors easily have the most depth they have had for years.

I still think Lilyman was surplus to requirements - not a bad player but we already have to rep quality workhorse in Mannering and Luck.

Rich102

Staff member
Simply put Lance will play good anywhere bar prop in a warriors jersey if he is left there long enough.

He has been best being the link man outwide (coming into the line) and basically playing 5/8. So he could definately play 6. Regardless of what anybody says.

He is Warriors through and through could of and should of left numerous times - he wont play for another club unless forced out.

I still think Lilyman was surplus to requirements - not a bad player but we already have to rep quality workhorse in Mannering and Luck.

Absolutely agree with you. Lance has done everything asked of him and more.
Makes you wonder what he could have done with a coach who showed half as much faith in him as Cleary showed in Rovelli?
The guy is capable of anything. What he needs is time in the the position with the top team around him.

Jesbass

First Grade

Sorry for the off-topic post, but have you and I met? You sound like somebody I've spoken to a number of times.

wittyfan

Referee
If Moon is a 6 or 13, why has he been in the centres for most of his career?

Moon is over-hyped and over-rated!

Esoj

Juniors
If Moon is a 6 or 13, why has he been in the centres for most of his career?

Moon is over-hyped and over-rated!

you do know one of the best 5/8s to ever play the game has been at the broncos for just a few odd years now. his favourite position is 6 and while it remains to be seen what he is capable of he doesn't have to improve much to be better than what we had seen at 6 this year.

wittyfan

Referee
Lockyer has been out of the Broncos team a fair bit in recent years with injury and even then Moon couldn't get a start at 6.