What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League is Dying

T-Boon

Coach
Mate.. Have you ever played the game? Just wondering? I don't think any team would ever take the option of 3 markers..

Two seasons (on the wing) under 12s and then under 16s, but I wasn't any good. Hated the thought of getting hit and everyone seemed so aggressive...
why wouldn't they take the three marker option? the third marker would cut off the dummy half running or one out hit up.
The other idea is in a gang tackle (3 or more) not allowed any markers.

T-Boon

Coach
Two seasons (on the wing) under 12s and then under 16s, but I wasn't any good. Hated the thought of getting hit and everyone seemed so aggressive...
why wouldn't they take the three marker option? the third marker would cut off the dummy half running or one out hit up.
The other idea is in a gang tackle (3 or more) not allowing any markers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What happened to speeding up the play at the tap on 20m and penalty restarts etc? Lasted about 4 games before we went back to refs holding teams up for no good reason.

I like the SL advantage play after a knock on as well, gives players chance to throw the ball around without risk.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
When you hear some of the dross being spouted against league by any Union hack, point them to this comment from Andrew Voss -

The rah rahs selectively release match statistics.
They are always very damning to the game.
The tackling stats are the best ones to use to see the vast difference in the two codes.
Union is a game for privately educated pussies. At least in aust and the uk.
There are f**kwits out there that lay claim to playing rugby unionI that were never tackled or made a tackle.

The tackling stats for super yawnion used to be published in the Sunday paper but they stopped when they realised how bad it made the sport look.
It's the only sport on earth that get less entertaining the higher the level being played which is f**king hilarious.
I watched some workmates play a third grade game once and it was better than watching a bluddy test match.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The tackling stats are the best ones to use to see the vast difference in the two codes.
There are f**kwits out there that lay claim to playing rugby unionI that were never tackled or made a tackle.

The tackling stats for super yawnion used to be published in the Sunday paper but they stopped when they realised how bad it made the sport look.
It's the only sport on earth that get less entertaining the higher the level being played which is f**king hilarious.
I watched some workmates play a third grade game once and it was better than watching a bluddy test match.

Haha made me laugh cause it's all true.

Bronxnation

Juniors

I think I can recall some commentator jizzing his pants cause hooper made 7 tackles in one game??? Can anyone verify or remember this?

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think I can recall some commentator jizzing his pants cause hooper made 7 tackles in one game??? Can anyone verify or remember this?

I vaguely remember in the wallabies golden years when Sailor scored a try from about 40m out beating about 3 defenders on his way, and wallabies commentators where calling it the greatest try of all time. It was the type of try you see a few times every round in the nrl

THE CHAMP

First Grade

There's no need for verification.
We all know it's true.
When the tackling stats were published for super rugby I can remember the leading tackler averaged around 14 per game.
I nearly pissed myself.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's a reason you can play in a top International team in union and look like this! lol
Rugby Union, giving hope to fat blokes all over the world.

article-0-1BC2B23C00000578-682_634x425.jpg

Sphagnum

Coach
When the team that's been found to be systematically cheating for the last thousand years, and is probably the only one that's doing it, is only the 5th best team in then comp. You know that shit is on life support.

thorson1987

Coach
When the team that's been found to be systematically cheating for the last thousand years, and is probably the only one that's doing it, is only the 5th best team in then comp. You know that shit is on life support.

No, that just shows that you merkins are useless at everything.

TheDalek079

Bench
so there's some disliking of rugby union going on in this thread. But great leaguies like Sonny Bill Williams and Israel Folau make a happy transition, and even merely-good leaguies (Benji, cutie, Duffie, Korobeite) are happy to play union too.

Why? Money is comparable so isn't the issue.

I think its the international game. Sure the matches may not be exciting as league, but they have meaningful international matches which fans can get invested in. NRL V union is comparing a domestic competition to an international sport. Maybe we need to cut back the NRL a bit and put more significance on the internation game?

NRL v Union isn't about comparing domestic competition to international competition for most league fans. It's comparing something you enjoy watching to something that bores the living shit out of you, to the point the missus can turn the Tele over to master chef and you don't give a shit

There's no need for verification.
We all know it's true.
When the tackling stats were published for super rugby I can remember the leading tackler averaged around 14 per game.
I nearly pissed myself.

To be fair, one tackle results in about thirteen fat merkins piling on top of you