What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
ok point taken and we really do need another dud on our books...

have you heard how he went staggers??
I was there last saturday and saw him play. Was very impressive and what was even more impressive, was the fact it was his first game in about 3 months.

Was reading rugby league news magazine, he got the 3 points from that game and the reporter was also very impressed with him. Stagger was to and we all know he is very hard to impress lol.

Really looks the goods and i think he can be a good pick up for parra, don't want to get ahead of ourselves as it was only 1 game. But from what i saw, i think a few weeks to get match fitness up and considering the way NSW cup are travelling, it may not be long before he starts to move up and becomes recognised.

Fingers crossed. Lets remember something to, the kid is only 20.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was there last saturday and saw him play. Was very impressive and what was even more impressive, was the fact it was his first game in about 3 months.

Was reading rugby league news magazine, he got the 3 points from that game and the reporter was also very impressed with him. Stagger was to and we all know he is very hard to impress lol.

Really looks the goods and i think he can be a good pick up for parra, don't want to get ahead of ourselves as it was only 1 game. But from what i saw, i think a few weeks to get match fitness up and considering the way NSW cup are travelling, it may not be long before he starts to move up and becomes recognised.

Fingers crossed. Lets remember something to, the kid is only 20.

hey mate...it was great to meet you last week.

interesting to see that there's a vacant spot at number 17...I have a feeling it could be big Karl who's been chose to start off the bench for the bundy side..

are you heading out to Ringrose on Sunday?

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
hey mate...it was great to meet you last week.

interesting to see that there's a vacant spot at number 17...I have a feeling it could be big Karl who's been chose to start off the bench for the bundy side..

are you heading out to Ringrose on Sunday?

Yeah was good to meet ya and have a chat.

Where is the vacant spot at 17? He is in the number 15 jersey on the bench.
I think karl will be needed to start in the centres, mounties centre is playing really well and leads the bundy cup in player of the year. So will be a good test for karl to see where he is at. Or maybe the coach is using him as an impact player, would be an awesome attacking weapon if he comes on after 20min when players are tired, his strength, leg drive and explosivenes would be a great advantage.

Yep i'll be out there on sunday to watch the boys.

U heading out to?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think he is off-contract at the end of this year anyways? I'm not sure.

He is a bit of a Ben Smith case, with the knees playing around with his career and all, but he does have good skill and a good kicking game. I think he's just looking for an opportunity more than anything. He would come cheap which is a bonus but I don't think we should be buying a half outside the club at the moment unless it is a small deal. We should prime ourselves for a bid for Thurston. Does anyone else honestly think that if we put in $500-$600k it'd be too much for Thurston? Because honestly I think we should be prepared to offer him that type of money and secure him in order to attract other players to the club who would no doubt play for less in order to be alongside someone of Thurston's calibre.

What are people's thoughts on that?

No.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah was good to meet ya and have a chat.

Where is the vacant spot at 17? He is in the number 15 jersey on the bench.
I think karl will be needed to start in the centres, mounties centre is playing really well and leads the bundy cup in player of the year. So will be a good test for karl to see where he is at. Or maybe the coach is using him as an impact player, would be an awesome attacking weapon if he comes on after 20min when players are tired, his strength, leg drive and explosivenes would be a great advantage.

Yep i'll be out there on sunday to watch the boys.

U heading out to?

sorry mate, I meant the vacant 17th spot in the state cup team...

I'll be there on sunday for sure.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
sorry mate, I meant the vacant 17th spot in the state cup team...

I'll be there on sunday for sure.
It has Bauman listed as 17.

I think rip taylor might have his eye on karl but i would think he needs a few more games to get his match fitness up.

I'll see you out there on Sunday then.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It has Bauman listed as 17.

I think rip taylor might have his eye on karl but i would think he needs a few more games to get his match fitness up.

I'll see you out there on Sunday then.

sorry mate, I've only just realised that the official release by Ross Smart included Ben Smith and Josh Cordoba.

that's how quick I'm travelling atm..:lol:

slippery_sucker

Juniors
I think if Karl goes well this year and Parra sign him, I think he'll be great for us (going on reports only) if he comes at the right price (Dont think he'll come as cheap as staggers wants him though)...
We'll still have to sign a tough prop maybe O'Meley, Manu, Myles or Webb...
Then the halves, whos gonna play 6 and 7 next year???
Will it be KK and FM or KK and DM or god no JR and KK/DM??
Will Parra even make a play for AK??
Will DA really stick to the halves he has for next season??
Will they look to a Tim Smith, Micheal Monaghan or Matt Head to come in???

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
yeah, do you?
Can't really say right now.

He has only played one game in 3 months. I think if he is playing well and his match fitness is fine, he will be playing NSW cup in about a month. Thats my guess.

From there, it is up to him if he plays for us in the NRL, if he is playing well and is looking fit then i dont see why not. I hope he can, because from what i have seen and heard about him, he certainly has all the attributes to be a good NRL player, i am confident we will see him in the blue and gold.

With anderson considering a clean out, this gives karl a perfect opportunity to show anderson what he has as well. Im sure he and the other coaching staff will be watching closely to.

But he has only played one game for wenty so far, so lets not get to excited just yet.

Stagger eel

Staff member
i actually spoke to Rip last saturday night about him and he doesn't seem to know what to expect of him but really would of prefered to have seen him have a run for the Bundy side that weekend but unfortunately they had the week off.

he's atleast in his rador.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
i actually spoke to Rip last saturday night about him and he doesn't seem to know what to expect of him but really would of prefered to have seen him have a run for the Bundy side that weekend but unfortunately they had the week off.

Thats good to hear and good to know they are thinking about him. Hopefully he will be out their watching on sunday.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors

Sweet

Gronk

Staff member
Bec & Sloth claim in todays Telecrap that both Storm & Sharks have made "huge" offers to Albert Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts