What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
stagger where would he play halfback? Barrett has 5-8 tied up and from all reports Kelly doesn't like playing anywhere other than 5-8. Even then he would have guys like Green and Seymore to compete with compared to parramatta he has relistically only Mortimer to compete with.

Stagger eel

Staff member
stagger where would he play halfback? Barrett has 5-8 tied up and from all reports Kelly doesn't like playing anywhere other than 5-8. Even then he would have guys like Green and Seymore to compete with compared to parramatta he has relistically only Mortimer to compete with.

caylo, there's no real point in speculating why he'd sign the sharks but you can bet your bottom doller that it would be because he was impressed with the offer, the set up and the fact that he's obviously spoken to the head coach regarding his plans.

as for Barret?? the guy can play 6,7, 13 and 14 in a pinch, he definitely wouldn't be preventing him from playing first grade..no way.

caylo

Bench
caylo, there's no real point in speculating why he'd sign the sharks but you can bet your bottom doller that it would be because he was impressed with the offer, the set up and the fact that he's obviously spoken to the head coach regarding his plans.

as for Barret?? the guy can play 6,7, 13 and 14 in a pinch, he definitely wouldn't be preventing him from playing first grade..no way.

Ricky moved seymore from 6 to 7 to accomidate Barrett, I doubt that Barrett would move for anyone tbh

Delboy

First Grade
The question that should be asked is why the clubs that identify junior talent, bring it through are left at the mercy of clubs like the Roosters, Storm and Sharks who don't bother.

Joe Grima, Noel Cleal etc seems to have focus only on raiding their prior club, sad really that the NRL doesn't give compensation or protection to clubs like ours, but that is another story. Maybe Albert should look at the halves that have left, and particularly those that play under Ricky, little reason to move sometimes except money, even Finch went worse under Sticky.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ricky moved seymore from 6 to 7 to accomidate Barrett, I doubt that Barrett would move for anyone tbh

lol..Barrett is hardly in a position to demand where he should play :lol:

he's on his last legs and I believe he'll believe he'll be on the last year of his contract..Ricky is no fool and will put Barret where it suits the team.

caylo

Bench
Delboy I suggested a transfer fee for a player depending on how long he has been at the club for and through what age group. This allows clubs that develop alot of jnrs to be able to recoupe some of the expences.
i.e Dave Williams: Manly would have to pay $3,000 per year he was at the club before making his debu, and then changing amounts after his debu for different levels achieved (i.e $0/year if not a rep player in last 2 year, $1000/year if played origin in last 2 year, and $1500/year if played for Aus/NZ or Eng in last 2 years)

This makes the palyers an assett for the club in which they pay to obtain his services and then they can sell he services. Also players that are unwanted for that amount by other clubs and unwanted by their club can become "free agents" and be signned with no transfer fee required.

This would do a few thing, stop english teams from poaching our players - they would be required to pay this aswell (a clause in the players contract) and also stop clubs paying over for jnrs and allowing is to keep a large majority of them or recieve a transfer fee. I don't know how the lagistics of it would work and there would probably he a hole in the idea somewhere but sounds like an idea to me.

strider

Post Whore
lol..Barrett is hardly in a position to demand where he should play :lol:

he's on his last legs and I believe he'll believe he'll be on the last year of his contract..Ricky is no fool and will put Barret where it suits the team.
well ricky is a bit of a fool tbh

slippery_sucker

Juniors
Delboy I suggested a transfer fee for a player depending on how long he has been at the club for and through what age group. This allows clubs that develop alot of jnrs to be able to recoupe some of the expences.
i.e Dave Williams: Manly would have to pay $3,000 per year he was at the club before making his debu, and then changing amounts after his debu for different levels achieved (i.e $0/year if not a rep player in last 2 year, $1000/year if played origin in last 2 year, and $1500/year if played for Aus/NZ or Eng in last 2 years)

This makes the palyers an assett for the club in which they pay to obtain his services and then they can sell he services. Also players that are unwanted for that amount by other clubs and unwanted by their club can become "free agents" and be signned with no transfer fee required.

This would do a few thing, stop english teams from poaching our players - they would be required to pay this aswell (a clause in the players contract) and also stop clubs paying over for jnrs and allowing is to keep a large majority of them or recieve a transfer fee. I don't know how the lagistics of it would work and there would probably he a hole in the idea somewhere but sounds like an idea to me.

great idea, Caylo... sounds abit like how they do it in soccer??

fish eel

Immortal
Nope.

They will be linked to anyone who could add something to the team and that will not be confirmed or denied by anyone in the club because it will appear that they are doing something and they actually have money to spend.

Then we'll sign Keith Peters and there will be a big press conference with streamers.......

:D

Avenger

Immortal
Hey I am just passing on what I heard. I was told that we were close on Shack and Poore was defiantly not going to be a Dragon next year. Along with those 2 names.

Appreciated. Just doing some numbers inb my head.

I reckon:

Cordoba, Ben Smith, Cayless, Oake, Paulo, Lowrie, Joe G and maybe Kris Inu will now not be with us next year.

strider

Post Whore
Appreciated. Just doing some numbers inb my head.

I reckon:

Cordoba, Ben Smith, Cayless, Oake, Paulo, Lowrie, Joe G and maybe Kris Inu will now not be with us next year.
well we must have mastered teh art of palming off salaries then :lol:

ps: can we swap joe g and weller ... please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts