What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
There is alot of talent off contract next year...I mean alot! I'm thinking we're just going to see how the juniors go next year as abit of a rebuild then maybe go hard for afew guns for 2025 season.

I think that's our best bet considering we have topped up our star players for afew years and we have alot of plodders kicking around this year and next...they might have a clean out of players like Soro, Kenny, Eisenuth, Peachy, Garner and afew others. Still thinking Luai goes which will allow us to go very hard for alot of good players for 2025 and if any younger talent kicks on in 2024 would be a major plus.

I'm hoping this is their plan if not we will be a bottom 8 team from 2025 onwards.

Exsilium

Coach
At some point, the side will need a change in style.

Its a great concept to keep a winning formula together but the gap between us and them, gets smaller every year. The last two years, it was Penrith and then daylight. Now, side's have figured out how to get on top of us and we dont have the players to take advantage of the sides putting the effort into shutting us down. You need some variability and we simply dont have it.

Its a great concept to keep a winning formula together but the gap between us and them, gets smaller every year. The last two years, it was Penrith and then daylight. Now, side's have figured out how to get on top of us and we dont have the players to take advantage of the sides putting the effort into shutting us down. You need some variability and we simply dont have it.
Luai to roam around the right hand side abit would change the style abit. We can call him Romey again.

WestyLife

First Grade

Luai has to start playing both sides of the field.

Yes and no. With how good Cleary is and the way Yeo plays we are different to other sides. Hooker is the weakness

Yes but if we are specifically choosing between Edwards and Luai.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Bit left field and I dislike the bloke but Matt Lodge is available and would be a good swap for Leniu. We don't want a bloke like that at our club I get that but he is a big body and we lack that starch.

age.s

First Grade
Since that situation in the US. Can you explain to me exactly what Lodge has done wrong.

I'll wait.
The "situation"? What a delicate way of putting it.

Why do I need to show more than break and enter, threatening to kill a woman and child in their own home? He incredibly lucky not being in prison, having fans repulsed by the idea of him in their colours should be the least of his (and your) concerns.

snickers007

Juniors
I think he'd jump at the chance to come back...our boys would lift him up afew gears aswell. Would be worth it on a low wage imo.

What's a low wage?

He's been on at least $500k a season with both the Broncos and Warriors. And while the Chooks got him for peanuts in 2022 (and maybe this year), the Warriors were still propping him up.

He's absolutely out of our price range for a bench prop - and irrespective of the moral dilemma it presents - it's another body blocking the NRL pathway for some of our much-younger, much-cheaper props (Smith, Henry, Blacker, Lisati).

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The "situation"? What a delicate way of putting it.

Why do I need to show more than break and enter, threatening to kill a woman and child in their own home? He incredibly lucky not being in prison, having fans repulsed by the idea of him in their colours should be the least of his (and your) concerns.

So no one ever after going through the court system (whethere here or oversease) has ever got the change to have a metanoya experience.

Whether you like it or not......Lodge has served his time, paid large compensation, stood out of the game for a long period of time.

According to you no one ever has gets a 2nd chance.

Wow you must live such a perfect existence.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
What's a low wage?

He's been on at least $500k a season with both the Broncos and Warriors. And while the Chooks got him for peanuts in 2022 (and maybe this year), the Warriors were still propping him up.

He's absolutely out of our price range for a bench prop - and irrespective of the moral dilemma it presents - it's another body blocking the NRL pathway for some of our much-younger, much-cheaper props (Smith, Henry, Blacker, Lisati).

Your probably right.

WestyLife

First Grade
Since that situation in the US. Can you explain to me exactly what Lodge has done wrong.

I'll wait.

People here can't criticise bad form but Lodge who's an actual criminal gets defended. The priorities of some people.

Even ignoring that discussion he's too expensive to be a bench forward for us.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
People here can't criticise bad form but Lodge who's an actual criminal gets defended. The priorities of some people.

Even if owing that discussion he's too expensive to be a bench forward for us.

There is a huge difference between criticising a players form, and pulling apart their character.

Some on this platform struggle to know the difference.

I agree his probably too expensive for Penrith on reflection.

Have you ever driven over the speed limit, and got caught.? Technically your an actual criminal too.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Are we really that desperate that we'd pick up a worm like Lodge?

Cmon. We don't need to stoop that low.
Not to mention he is already at the Roosters and they chose to chase Spencer instead.

Hasn't spent more than maybe 2 seasons at a club and hearing all the past stories you could understand why.

Big no thank you.

WestyLife

First Grade
There is a huge difference between criticising a players form, and pulling apart their character.

Some on this platform struggle to know the difference.

I agree his probably too expensive for Penrith on reflection.

Have you ever driven over the speed limit, and got caught.? Technically your an actual criminal too.

First part is a straight up lie and the last is an insane deflection.

Latest posts