What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
I guess the Tigpies fans anger with the continuing shit show of 74-zip floggings and two consecutive wooden spoons might have had something to do with it though and I really can’t blame them.

Fish rot from the head down, ergo time to appoint people who actually give a shit about the club.

I applaud them for making moves. Right or wrong at least try to fix things.

I just think they have been way too slow to move. Its not good enough that they haven't played finals football in such a long time. Even if the Dogs keep floundering this year I'm pleased to see they aren't sitting on their hands.

If this is all because the club are trying to free up funds to offer Luai more, FMD!
I can’t imagine it would free up much salary cap space as Hoskings wouldn’t have been in much more than minimum. Frees up a space for a young guy coming through, and hopefully offers Hoskings more opportunity as well, and a chance for more cash; hasn’t had big paydays so far in his career and realistically this might be his only real contract of note.

Iamback

Coach
I can’t imagine it would free up much salary cap space as Hoskings wouldn’t have been in much more than minimum. Frees up a space for a young guy coming through, and hopefully offers Hoskings more opportunity as well, and a chance for more cash; hasn’t had big paydays so far in his career and realistically this might be his only real contract of note.

$1m over 3 years for someone like him is a great deal. Great for Canberra too

If we let him go, It is because Mav or Hassett had taken the next step

Kilkenny

Coach
If this is all because the club are trying to free up funds to offer Luai more, FMD!
I think is more just better opportunity, we obviously not in a position to extend his contract so going to the Raiders on whatever deal, probably a few more dollars anda two year deal at the very least.

I don’t think it will have anything to do with Jerome.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

The Mole has just tweeted that Taylan May might be of to SL with Hull KR

Apparently no import spots left for 2024, so it will have to be 2025. That's where his older brother Tyrone is. Possibly of other brother going there as well.

Mole is like a dart board, occassionally one hits, but not a regular basis.

Bob

Juniors
Apparently no import spots left for 2024, so it will have to be 2025. That's where his older brother Tyrone is. Possibly of other brother going there as well.

Mole is like a dart board, occassionally one hits, but not a regular basis.

Penrith Panthers star Taylan May could make Super League move

CALLUM WALKER 14/12/2023

PENRITH PANTHERS star Taylan May could make a move to Super League.
League Express understands that the 22-year-old is keen to link up with his brothers, Tyrone, and Terrell with the former currently starting his two-year deal at Hull KR.
Both Terrell – who plies his trade for the Sydney Roosters as a forward – and Taylan are off-contract at the end of the 2024 NRL season and are all three brothers want to play for the same team eventually with a move to Super League on the cards.

22-year-old Taylan suffered a horrendous ACL injury which ruled him out of the entire 2023 season, but is now back in full training with the Panthers.
Taylan’s brother, Tyrone, told League Express back in late August that the desire of all three brothers to play alongside each other was incredibly strong: “We have spoken about it as a family that once they are off contract we can try and work something out if we can go somewhere together,” Tyrone May previously said.
“It’s a tough gig to get that in rugby league but we will try our best to play together. If it doesn’t work out, we all have our own endeavours and goals that we want to tick off.”
Taylan wouldn’t be moving for the 2024 season, but Super League clubs will be alerted to the possibility of a deal being struck for 2025

maple_69

Bench
No way in hell we let Hosking go for 2024. Even if the club are confident in Hassett/Geyer, it’d be madness to go into a contention year with 2 proven NRL second rowers in Martin/Garner and Sorenson who may well be needed to cover the bench prop role if another rookie (Henry) isn’t up to it.

Id plan for Leota, Kenny, Fish, Hosking, Martin, Yeo, Sommerton, Sorenson, Smith, Garner and if the kids demand a spot then great, they’ll have earned it. Hosking can sign for 25-27 and probably enhance his credentials at a powerhouse in the meantime, there’s not much benefit in him jumping.

Black Panther

Juniors
No way in hell we let Hosking go for 2024. Even if the club are confident in Hassett/Geyer, it’d be madness to go into a contention year with 2 proven NRL second rowers in Martin/Garner and Sorenson who may well be needed to cover the bench prop role if another rookie (Henry) isn’t up to it.

Id plan for Leota, Kenny, Fish, Hosking, Martin, Yeo, Sommerton, Sorenson, Smith, Garner and if the kids demand a spot then great, they’ll have earned it. Hosking can sign for 25-27 and probably enhance his credentials at a powerhouse in the meantime, there’s not much benefit in him jumping.
Penrith might see a benefit letting him go if it means we replace him in the top 30 with a minimum wage player to help sign Luai. Not saying Hosking is on top dollar, but every cent counts.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Penrith might see a benefit letting him go if it means we replace him in the top 30 with a minimum wage player to help sign Luai. Not saying Hosking is on top dollar, but every cent counts.
Luai isn't worth manipulating our cap in such a way. We either pay him what we had set aside or bye bye imo. Do we want a 5-6 year dynasty or a 10+ year one?

GowersDallyM

Juniors
I keep saying it and I will continue saying it. Let Luai go so we can free up alot of cash to help keep alot of our younger guns or we will end up losing alot of them. He is a ball running 5/8 which Laurie proved he was more than capable playing in the position for the poor tigers. We need to think long term now or our cap is screwed for the next 4 years.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I keep saying it and I will continue saying it. Let Luai go so we can free up alot of cash to help keep alot of our younger guns or we will end up losing alot of them. He is a ball running 5/8 which Laurie proved he was more than capable playing in the position for the poor tigers. We need to think long term now or our cap is screwed for the next 4 years.
I don’t think you are giving Luai anywhere near enough credit.

He’ll leave a huge hole which will be hard to fill.

Latest posts