What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s all to hard for me Mick. I have no idea I just know Luke Garner is unlikely to continue our quest in the promised land.

Time for me to take a chill pill, I’m gonna watch the ending of Shawshank Redemption for the umpteenth time it never fails to deliver.

Iamback

Coach
If he starts we are f**ked. If he's a fringe guy Ivan might get some use out of him on the bench, the ability to play backrow and centre is handy.

That is the issue. We aren't losing just Api throw in Kiks aswell and the side looks week.

Really need a lower grader to kick on

Original Name

Juniors
We can't move Sorenson back to backrow, he'll be awful with more minutes and lateral movement in defense. He's good where he is and effective.
I agree but for different reasons. Weren't our reserve grade undefeated when Salmon played centre/halves last year bar the game when you 6 of our players went up to first grade? Like at centre and five eight you'd need quicker lateral movement than positions closer to the middle where you have to move less because there's less space. Lateral movement should be the strength of a back moving into the forwards just like it can be a weakness for a forward that moves into the backs.

Big Mick

Referee
Has RFM beeing re-signed by the Bulldogs yet? He's been out for a while with his foot. If he doesn't retire - might be worth a flyer.

Also wouldn't be shocked if Billy Burns made his way back here for NSW Cup duty.

Not ideal options and definitely not good enough to start...but may be useful for depth.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Your opinion mate. Equal to mine. You fill in the blanks with Garner there and let’s see how that works for us.

Fringe first graders Ivan appears to do with with. Look at Capewell, (couldn't get a full gig at the Sharks, came in and killed it.) Scotty S, Mom have done the same.

Put 'plodders' like these above mentioned in a team with star players like Yeo, Cleary etal, good systems and coaching and they will shine.

All for a bargain basement pricetag.

Iamback

Coach
Murray is an exception not a rule. If we really don't have money for a soild backrower then I'd be amazed, we offered Kikau a decent contract.

Radley, Ruben Cotter, Dylan Walker all play forward now.

We have money but we are being tight asses

Iamback

Coach
Has RFM beeing re-signed by the Bulldogs yet? He's been out for a while with his foot. If he doesn't retire - might be worth a flyer.

Also wouldn't be shocked if Billy Burns made his way back here for NSW Cup duty.

Not ideal options and definitely not good enough to start...but may be useful for depth.

Topine isn't getting time either

Girds89

Bench
Riki has been really really good since coming back from injury in cup.

Hes strong very very mobile and has a really really good offload.

At 195cm and 106kgs hes the man to replace kiks.

I have no doubt hed be playing fg elsewhere.

He would offer 10x what garner would off the bench.

People are kidding if they think otherwise.

11. Riki
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Kennr or luke
15. Spencer
16. Sorensen
17. Geyer or hopgood

Hopgood seems to be the forgotten man abit.
Been nsws cups best.

Smug Panther

First Grade

11. Riki
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Kennr or luke
15. Spencer
16. Sorensen
17. Geyer or hopgood

Been nsws cups best.
Hopgood is off to Redcliffe

Girds89

Bench
Got nothing against garner and i know ivans had success with sorensen and eiso but they are both middles.

He did well with capes but capes was always an edge forward and he was earmarked as a future soo player at cronulla. He was just stuck behind wade, lewis and a few others and getting no mins. He really just needed an oppurtunity..

Ivan isnt going to turn garner into some world beating 2nd rower.

Ill be worried if hes in fg and if hes playing cup and we are paying him 175k a year + for a few seasons thats not great.

Ad i said hes an ok player but theres better guys on the cusp or with a bit of nrl experience whod be better..

Iamback

Coach

11. Riki
12. Martin
13. Yeo

14. Kennr or luke
15. Spencer
16. Sorensen
17. Geyer or hopgood

Been nsws cups best.

Riki is going to Dolphins but who has said Garner is better?

Just we need backrowers. Garner brings FG experience.
NSW Cup guys aren't consistent. No guarantee they are fine to go for next season

Girds89

Bench
Riki is going to Dolphins but who has said Garner is better?

Just we need backrowers. Garner brings FG experience.
NSW Cup guys aren't consistent. No guarantee they are fine to go for next season
Billy burns shouldve been the target.. would be similar coin but is a better player.. knows our systems is mates with the boys and played with most..

Never understood why we let him go for blacker..said at the time it was a horrible swap and nothings changed my mind.

Iamback

Coach
Billy burns shouldve been the target.. would be similar coin but is a better player.. knows our systems is mates with the boys and played with most..

Never understood why we let him go for blacker..said at the time it was a horrible swap and nothings changed my mind.

Depends what you want. Not looking for a long term backrower. You are wanting a solid FGer to plug a gap

He wanted out. Dragons needed to get rid of a player we needed middles at the time

Girds89

Bench
Depends what you want. Not looking for a long term backrower. You are wanting a solid FGer to plug a gap

He wanted out. Dragons needed to get rid of a player we needed middles at the time
Lol depends what you want???

Considering theyd both be similar coin or garner more...

And burns is younger, faster, much bigger, stronger and a better ball runner and most likely cheaper... that answers itself mate.

Doesnt matter whether its a stop gap or not why wouldnt you want the better player for probs same or less coin...

I know the logistics of the swap.. it was just a poor tradein terms of abilities

Latest posts