What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Sharks will surely struggle to keep all there players with Jack Bird looking at a big upgrade although if Gallen retires that should free up about $4m a season

...and Mooney will have a very good idea of how all the Cronulla cap was put together and who is getting paid what. Bit of solid inside info there you'd think.

perverse

Referee
Bagging Holmes would be huge. Won't hold me breath on it, much like any other name I recognise, really.

Swarzey

Bench
I remember way back at the start of the season, Gallen on MMM said Holmes was the first to lose his chance at fullback. So even if, say Barba went off the rails again, Bird would be their next fullback; kid wants to play fullback, not wing. Holmes is certainly a talent I'm more than happy to pay the big bucks for.

Noname36

First Grade
Holmes would be a good target. A position we need and not completely beyond the realms of possibly with Mooney and wanting to play FB and seemingly down the pecking order at Cronulla.

Burwood

Bench
Is he a modern day fullback? Would be nice to have a fullback who could chime into attack and has a bit of ball playing ability. We've sorely missed that since Boyd left.

I don't want to spend $500,000+ on another glorified winger.

Yeh, i get that.

But he would probably be interested in a CEO job and (if he is as good as you guys say) he'd at least have to be next in line.

Not sure that he would be the CEO type?

Pretty different role dealing with corporates/sponsors/boards and media than working on the football side of things.

Regarding Ross. Doubtful how solid it is:
Leigh Centurions had agreed a deal with Newcastle Knights’ Nathan Ross, only for the NRL club to pull the plug at the last minute.

Chairman Derek Beaumont has confirmed that the club had negotiated a deal for the winger to join with immediate effect, only for Newcastle to use a clause in his contract to keep him Down Under.

“We agreed a three-year deal with Nathan Ross after he had been given permission to look around for his future,” Beaumont told the Leigh Observer.

“He was really excited and looking forward to getting over, so much so that he wanted to get involved right away in the battle to gain Super League.

“However, when Nathan approached his club to be released he was told that would not be happening, and that indeed they now wanted to take advantage of the option in their favour for the following year which he obviously found frustrating.

“Nathan still has a strong desire to join us but unfortunately that is well out of my hands, so I will just have to sit tight and watch this space.”

Comment on this and other stories on
1 year option if it is true.We definitely don't seem to want to sign beyond 2017.

http://www.totalrl.com/newcastle-knights-block-leighs-signing-newcastle-winger/

It would be pretty unfair to block a 3 year deal for a one year option. So hope they at least give him 2 years.

Leigh aren't even Super League so not sure what the deal would be like but they do seem to have way more money than the other Championship sides.

slotmachine

First Grade
Knights have offered him 2 years (upgraded 2017+18). The dawg might knock that back, have a cracker of a 2017 then sign a big money ESL deal. His asking price is going up every week at the moment.

Frederick

Staff member
According to Barry Toohey, Rory kostjasyn's (sp?) management have sounded out the Knights because he wants to move closer to the central coast for family reasons. Brown is apparently keen to have him as backup hooker to Levi, but are stuck with Randell's contract. According to Toohey "kostjasyn would be more salary cap friendly than Randell".......

Frederick

Staff member
13516252_1687189604877370_9007501802239038103_n.jpg

Latest posts