What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

What the hell will Randell be on next season?????????? Any more than 200k is overs. So going by our history he would be on 350-400

Spot On

Coach
.... and this people is what Nathan Brown has inherited. Aint he lucky. Sorting out a clusterf**k salary cap situation so we can move forward. And iqaz believes Brown inherited a cap that was in good order, managed well and easy to maintain.

FFS.

Good luck Brown.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
2 things..

Not overly excited about the Kostjason signing, but he comes from Melbourne and has that winning mentality that has continued on at the Cowboys. So not totally against - especially if it's a "cost effective" move.

Number 2, WTF is Randell being paid? I gotta admit I'm quite happy with him as a bench option at the moment, but if he's on more than 200-250k then WTF..

As soon as it was announced that Hagan was having a second stint here I knew it would end in trouble.

The bloke cripples teams wherever he goes, especially with roster management.

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't think Kostjasyn is a star but at the very least he is a first grader and quite experienced which is something we need in droves right now.

How on earth is Randell on more than a coke and pie contract? I don't mind him but that's what he is worth and all he has ever shown in his short first grade career.

Kostjasyn, a Melbourne and Cowboys fixture premiership winner with 100 games, would come much cheaper? What is going on.

perverse

Referee
Surely if Randall is getting paid more than 120-150k, it is overs. Kostjasyn being more salary cap friendly is just... ugh...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I wouldn't have a problem with Kostjaysyn coming here, he's a capable & experienced first grader who has played his whole career at successful clubs so it would be an improvement for sure, and if he comes cheap that's even better.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm not so happy about the Greg Bird rumours, I really don't like the guy and he's massively overrated imo, should be one of the first dropped from the NSW side and it should have happened a couple of years ago.

macavity

Referee
Say what you will about him as a person, but Greg Bird the player is still quality.

Not a great, but better quality than we have, thats for sure.

Rochow, Bird and a young one in the back row gives me more confidence than three young ones.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
If we want a good, ball playing back rower with great footwork (think Tapine) then we need to look at Anthony Cherrington up here at Redcliffe

Pretty sure he'd be contracted to the Donkeys but man, he is a talent

macavity

Referee
Perhaps we could have just kept Tapine?

Makes me angry watching Raiders games and seeing him and Leilua absolutely carving up.

Some of our young forwards have massive potential.We need experience and leadership up front to help enable them to realise.
Someone who they want to play with, admire and can learn from.
I'm not keen on Bird but if he took on that role I'd be ok with it.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If we're going for an experienced forward we'd be much better off with Luke Lewis, he's still got a good couple of years in him and would probably be about half the price tag as well.

Joel-22

Juniors
Yes, Luke Lewis is a genuine professional. I hung out with him one year prior to SOO (the first year Aku played) with the other NSW players at a private gig and needless to say everyone was pretty loose. Luke however was dead sober and had a glass of water with him and at one point noticed that I wasn't drinking either and commented on it. He ended up sitting down with me and ended up having a good conversation and he mentioned how all his life he's known all he ever wanted to do was play football and that he's never been a drinker as he feels it could be detrimental to his footy. Anyway, great bloke, really genuine person who is incredibly focused and just the ultimate professional. He'd be a great influence on our kids.
I got to know Birdy pretty well and he's a great guy but obviously he's loose. At least he was 2-3 years ago, maybe he's settled down now.

In short, either would be a great signing but I'd prefer Luke Lewis for his professionalism and influence.

Spot On

Coach
Lewis is 34 next year, Bird will be 33.

If I was forced to have one of them here it would be Lewis.

Neither of them will be playing rep footy so that's a bonus.

Bird lost the plot today against Canberra, Lewis does not.

I really don't see the point of signing either of them at their age and the $$$ their manager would be asking for.

If they were cheap, maybe you could consider it. Maybe.

Latest posts