What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
it wouldn't be a huge loss. For his age and experience Korbin isn't exactly setting the world alight. He doesn't really look strong enough especially in the wrestle which is pretty much why we're shit

Totally disagree...

He is the one guy we have that consistantly bends the line back. If the could just get an offload to Levi, that would be an extra 20m every set

Whats Doing

Bench
Totally disagree...

He is the one guy we have that consistantly bends the line back. If the could just get an offload to Levi, that would be an extra 20m every set

Agreed. One stat that is not measured is the impact of the collision. He bends the line better as he is our strongest runner and often wins the collision which gets the quicker play the ball and if you can do it often enough it increases the fatigue more quickly on the opposition.

Stats are important but are not the only measure in assessing the players performance and worth

We are chasing Dave Fifita and Tim Browne. Source is Nath Ryan Market watch column at fox sports this AM. He describes money ball approach with a view to having enough money to land a marquee soon. As I understand it Mobeyball is where you find value in the undervalued player and build a strong roster across the board rather than landing marquees to prop up lesser players. You enhance your chances of signing marquee players on the back of a strong roster and build it that way.

Browny has made reference to the Hawthorn situation with Alastair Clarkson in 2005. They were nearly broke in mid 2000s. Now looking at fourth straight title. Ran last in his first year there I think.

Who is Tim Browne?

Not too sure about David fafita, he seems to be a bit of a plodder and a bit lazy. Has struggled to secure a first grade spot for years at the Sharks. He obviously has the exact same genetic make up as his brother so there has to be potential there. Brown just has to get the best out of him. I'd be confident signing him considering we have that sharks guy who is helping to rebuild our roster.

macavity

Referee
Browny has made reference to the Hawthorn situation with Alastair Clarkson in 2005. They were nearly broke in mid 2000s. Now looking at fourth straight title. Ran last in his first year there I think.

There is no example in world sport where a club in an effectively free-for-all sporting comp (salary wise, and with no draft) with less resources and a significantly worse roster than every other club was suddenly successful, without a major change off the park.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
There is no example in world sport where a club in an effectively free-for-all sporting comp (salary wise, and with no draft) with less resources and a significantly worse roster than every other club was suddenly successful, without a major change off the park.

Leicester City says hi

Frederick

Staff member

You forgot to mention TPAs

perverse

Referee
The Lakes facebook update says Chris Adams was only released because they were told he would get a crack at first grade.

lol, I don't remember much about Adams, but I'd imagine he's pushing shit uphill if he wants to try and usurp Levi as the future of our #9 jersey. Ambitious, at least.

macavity

Referee
I was going to say...

Leicester City actually gives me hope this approach might work out well for us.

"significantly worse roster than everyone else"

I am also aware that the Foxes acquired a rich owner who set them up...

K-Man

Bench
"significantly worse roster than everyone else"

I am also aware that the Foxes acquired a rich owner who set them up...

The entire Leicester squad is worth less than one player from one of the bigger clubs. By any definition, particularly in comparison to how the Knights stack up in the NRL, that is a "significantly worse roster than everyone else".

It would be like the Knights having an NRL squad worth less than the contract of Darius Boyd.

macavity

Referee
The entire Leicester squad is worth less than one player from one of the bigger clubs. By any definition, particularly in comparison to how the Knights stack up in the NRL, that is a "significantly worse roster than everyone else".

It would be like the Knights having an NRL squad worth less than the contract of Darius Boyd.

1. we pretty much do

2. if your standard is the most improbable success of all time... your success is improbable at best.

macavity

Referee
Our recruitment strategy seems to be to throw as much shit against the wall as we can, and hope some sticks.

How the club hasn't thrown a lifeline to Jake Finn at Wests is beyond me. He's been the most dominant player in the real NRL by a country mile.

Finn is only about 24 now?
He might well be on the radar. I get the impression these players signed now are just short-term 'fill-ins' for 2016 but may be in line for a longer contract if they perform.
Finn *might* be seen as a longer term player. Wests are 3rd on the ladder at present. I wouldn't want to release him for the rest of the year if he is in form. Having said that, Lakes are on top of the ladder.

Interesting list of the local players that played for NSW Country in the tour to South Africa (2013):

Finn will be joined by fellow Newcastle players Steve Gordon, Simon Williams (Wests), Matt Shipway (Souths), Riley Brown, Terence Seu Seu, Brendon Worth and Brendan Hlad (Cessnock).

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1804490/finn-named-in-nsw-country-team/

Last edited: