What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
As far as I can tell Hull doesn't have anyone named James Green so I assume they mean Chris Green. Here's his highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeXTWFT26Es

Nothing to get excited about based off his highlights. Big guy with a decent offload but looks like a pretty weak ball runner for his size.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Our recruitment strategy seems to be to throw as much shit against the wall as we can, and hope some sticks.

Would you rather they go all out and spend way over market value for a couple of big names that might not make a single difference? Because that's how we got in the mess we're in now

With all your bitching and moaning about TPAs, I thought if anyone would be happy we were looking to the el cheapos to find a diamond in the rough it'd be you.

I guess some people are impossible to please

As far as I can tell Hull doesn't have anyone named James Green so I assume they mean Chris Green. Here's his highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeXTWFT26Es

Nothing to get excited about based off his highlights. Big guy with a decent offload but looks like a pretty weak ball runner for his size.

There's a James Green with Hull KR:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Green_(rugby_league)

The Hull Daily Mail article: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/will...ur-questions/story-29452600-detail/story.html

Vids I found so far are about a fight on field.

Last edited:

JasonE

Bench
Joe Wardle has a 17yo brother who is a great prospect, the Knights should get him over here too and put him in the u20's next year.

Last edited:

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Would you rather they go all out and spend way over market value for a couple of big names that might not make a single difference? Because that's how we got in the mess we're in now

With all your bitching and moaning about TPAs, I thought if anyone would be happy we were looking to the el cheapos to find a diamond in the rough it'd be you.

Or just love to whinge

otori

Juniors
Jamie Soward out at Penrith. We shouldn't sign him but I would've much preferred him to Hodkinson.

macavity

Referee

I would rather be targeting the *best* in NYC, QLD cup and NSW cup, not the ones that current clubs will gladly release.

Burwood

Bench
So the club should target someone like Mitch Barnett, who was NSW Cup player of the year in 2015? But he was also unwanted by Canberra, so we shouldn't have signed him? :?

It is too difficult to know who will and won't succeed from the NYC. When we signed Liki Liki , Henry and O'Donnell We had plenty to be excited about as they were arguably the top three players in that Comp in 2010. We all know how that ended.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Oops, I forgot about Brendon Elliot. We should definitely sign him- he was named at centre in the 2014 NYC team of the year. But we also shouldn't sign him, because he was unwanted at the roosters?

This logic is starting to do my head in.

otori

Juniors
Apparently the Titans don't want Mead or Douglas. Would happily have both in a heartbeat. Mead at fullback would be a massive upgrade and free Gagai to go back to the centres.

Jono078

Referee
But he's incapable of defending at centre.

I'd much rather play him on the wing and if he performs like he does for Qld I will be happy.

Rather than him letting in 3 tries a game in the centres because that's where his pay determines he plays.

Frederick

Staff member
He's too expensive to play on the wing.

And he's too inept to play at centre.

rock-and-a-hard-place-o.gif

Latest posts