What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Anyone who wants to talk up Beau Scott's attacking game is kidding themselves. He went missing the majority of weeks. I'll admit that he had great defense against the opposition forward pack, but his attack was ordinary, particularly in his last season with us.

Was Reynoldson really on 400K? I thought it was more around the 280/290K mark?

Spot On

Coach
You'd never label Scott an attacking backrower. Noone in this thread has. But I do find it amusing that some downplay the quality of two origin backrowers like Scott and Gillett.

League_God

Juniors
You'd never label Scott an attacking backrower. Noone in this thread has. But I do find it amusing that some downplay the quality of two origin backrowers like Scott and Gillett.

Scott>Gillett>All of Fitzgibbon and Rochow's potential combined

I'd happily get rid of Rochow, Fitzgibbon, James Taylor, Josh King, Bradie Smith, Krys Freeman and Tama Koopu, Tekina Vailea, for both Scott & Gillett.

That's almost a third of our "top squad".

Swarzey

Bench
Even in Scott's best season for us, I still had Rochow ahead of him easily. Far more dangerous in attacking setting up Leilua and McManus, ran much better lines, just as good in attack and was on the field more.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Beau Scott was rubbish for us last year. Even the best part of his game which is meant to be defence, was terrible. He was constantly rushing out of the line and leaving a hole wide open. Our right edge was in shambles.

League_God

Juniors
Even in Scott's best season for us, I still had Rochow ahead of him easily. Far more dangerous in attacking setting up Leilua and McManus, ran much better lines, just as good in attack and was on the field more.

Wow, really? Rochow defends like a 13 year girl. It's not anything new either, he genuinely defends like a princess. He is definitely a good asset in attack and I'd have him ahead of Scott in that regard. However, at Scott's best I'd only have Rochow's attack marginally ahead of Scott's. Overall Scott at his best eats Rochow for breakfast

League_God

Juniors
Beau Scott was rubbish for us last year. Even the best part of his game which is meant to be defence, was terrible. He was constantly rushing out of the line and leaving a hole wide open. Our right edge was in shambles.

Yes, I agree absolutely. Terrible last year

Spot On

Coach
Wow, really? Rochow defends like a 13 year girl. It's not anything new either, he genuinely defends like a princess. He is definitely a good asset in attack and I'd have him ahead of Scott in that regard. However, at Scott's best I'd only have Rochow's attack marginally ahead of Scott's. Overall Scott at his best eats Rochow for breakfast

Glad someone here watches footy.

I told people multiple times last year that Beau Scott had clocked off just as he did his last year with St George. Also said he'd be back to his best at Parra and on cue he's performing. Bloke is a very, very good player. Rochow not in the same league.

I'd also argue Scott's attacking stats are better than Rochow's too. More tries per game, more offloads. Anyone want to check them?

Last edited:

chinorocks

Juniors
Rochows ability is so overhyped in here. Played a handful of decent games last year before he got hurt. The way people go o. You'd think he was the next Ben Kennedy. He's average at best. If someone wants to pay him more than 400K good luck to them. Across 3 rounds he's been easily our worst forward (not including Snowdens 20 minute cameo). Scott shits on him from a great height and to compare him to Gillette is absolutely ridiculous.

slotmachine

First Grade
Last week Scott had 6 runs for 28 metres.

2016 per game averages

scott: 6 runs for 54 metres, 25 tackles (0.3 missed), 0.8 offloads. Zero line breaks or tries.
rochow: 9 runs for 100 metres, 27 tackles (1.5 missed), 0.3 offloads. Zero line breaks or tries.
gillett: 9 runs for 92 metres, 29.5 tackles (1 missed), 0.5 offloads. 2 line breaks, 1 try.

Spot On

Coach
I was hoping for career stats. Tries per game, offloads etc. Not doing any of them justice looking over a couple games. Scott is at the end of his career now, the other 2 should be near a peak as well.

Matt Gillett is all class. Would sign him today. his asking price is a bit wild but that is what happens when you get to the mid point of your career and you need security.

macavity

Referee
If Rochow was amazing he would still be playing for the storm.

He is solid and I want him to stick around, but yeah. Solid.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The more I see of Rochow the less I would care if he left. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got potential but whenever he's playing his best he gets injured and whenever he's healthy it seems to take him a while to get to his best before inevitably getting injured again. For the right money I'd keep him but if he wants rep player money and another club is willing to give it to him then he's welcome to leave and we can spend that money on a player who will give us value every week.

PhilGould

Bench
In Barry Toohey's article today he says that local junior and last years NSW Cup player of the year, Mitch Barnett, is in discussions with Canberra about his future, and suggests he wants to come back to Newcastle because he thinks he'll get more opportunities in first grade here.

Joel-22

Juniors
In Barry Toohey's article today he says that local junior and last years NSW Cup player of the year, Mitch Barnett, is in discussions with Canberra about his future, and suggests he wants to come back to Newcastle because he thinks he'll get more opportunities in first grade here.

Was he the angry blonde headed merkin who was trying to flatten the Saifiti boys in the trial?

Last edited:

Latest posts