What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Sir Galahad

Juniors
My issue with Best is his defence. Can absolutely make a bad decision and fall off tackles.
I've seen some very poor efforts off the ball from him - unacceptable efforts at this level.

In a better system he'd be dropped back to cup for a stint and eased in to NRL . We just dont have the depth to properly bring our young players through and risk destroying them

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- Knights met with Jack Hetherington's manager in Newcastle yesterday. Knights, Tigers or Dragons are his likely destination. He's a Valentine junior and his wife is from Newcastle.
- Confirms that Herbie Farnworth is a target.
- Adam Elliott will make a decision soon. Raiders have upped their offer and are believed to be offering more money than the Knights.
- Confirmation may be a while away but Will Pryce & Kai Pearce-Paul are coming. Whether it's next year or 2024 will hinge on negotiating early releases which I assume is what will hold up the official announcements. 5 clubs were chasing Pearce-Paul.
- Officials shut down rumours from Brisbane media that the Knights are paying $100k each for Millie Boyle & Tamika Upton. The real number is around half that. Sounds like Upton was the original target and was won over by the facilities & presentation she received when visiting Newcastle. She asked if she could bring her best friend and housemate - current Dally M winner Millie Boyle.
- Talks up the Knights handling of Jake Clifford who has been struggling with personal issues. He's now back with the squad and ready to play. Named at halfback in NSW Cup today.

ryan.a87

Juniors
If Dom young is any indication….these 2 English fellas , along with Hodgson, is actually really exciting to see how it pans out

just confirming, pryce is a fullback/half and kpp is a 2rf?

I wonder if we bring Pryce in to play centre

PhilGould

Bench
Pryce is predominantly a half but looks like he could be turned into a fullback if they want. Big enough to play centre too. His dad played everywhere in the backs, reckon Will has similar potential.

KPP is a second-row/centre.

PhilGould

Bench
Farnworth is playing the best footy of his career this season as a centre but came through mainly as a winger. Could view him as a replacement and big upgrade on Edrick. Maybe he wants to join the English revolution in Newcastle. Definitely not for $600k though, I doubt any team will give him that.

macavity

Referee
still don't understand hethrington and farnworth.

heatherington is about replacing Barney’s “mongrel”. He could still be a good front rower.

farnworth is a quality player and has apparently signalled a willingness to change clubs. It might indicate we are thinking of moving best into the back row.

slotmachine

First Grade
Farnworth is playing the best footy of his career this season as a centre but came through mainly as a winger. Could view him as a replacement and big upgrade on Edrick. Maybe he wants to join the English revolution in Newcastle. Definitely not for $600k though, I doubt any team will give him that.

wingers get paid less, can't see him going back while he's killing it.

have to say it's all a bit underwhelming, our problems aren't in the outside backs or middle forwards.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I'd be extremely disappointed if we got Hetherington.
Close to the slowest player in the comp, added zero on an edge.
His "mongrel" is just dog shots, never anything positive. A downgrade of Fitz, Jones.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
have to say it's all a bit underwhelming, our problems aren't in the outside backs or middle forwards.
this

I'm hopefull we've reached out to Burton's management, are in talks with Milford, have thrown our hat in the ring for Munster and inquired about Jock Madden coming home......something in our number 1 area of need.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd be extremely disappointed if we got Hetherington.
Close to the slowest player in the comp, added zero on an edge.
His "mongrel" is just dog shots, never anything positive. A downgrade of Fitz, Jones.
hes actually been clocked as one of the fastest forwards in the NRL, had a max speed of 36.1km last year which is right up there with many outside backs, his mobility us why the dogs moved him to the edge this year. I'd imagine they see him as a direct replacement for Barnett as a hot headed forward who can play middle and edge

Jono078

Referee
Buying players the worst club in the comp doesn't want is recruitment 101.
This is my biggest question. Why are the Bulldogs not keen to hold onto him?

I mean there's obviously more to it than that. Are they just not prepared to offer as much as us? Does he want to move back to Newcastle? Is his manager Isaac Moses?

I wouldn't be too upset but I do question if it's the right move..

How do you fit him, Klem, 2xSaifiti and Croker into the team? Unless he plays exclusively as an edge then I'm not sure. There's no way he's best suited on the edge either.

ryan.a87

Juniors
The problem at the moment is we have 4 first grade front row spots and exactly 4 (arguably) first grade quality players to fill them

we have no competition for spots and no injury cover

Knight Tales

Juniors
This is my biggest question. Why are the Bulldogs not keen to hold onto him?

I mean there's obviously more to it than that. Are they just not prepared to offer as much as us? Does he want to move back to Newcastle? Is his manager Isaac Moses?

I wouldn't be too upset but I do question if it's the right move..

How do you fit him, Klem, 2xSaifiti and Croker into the team? Unless he plays exclusively as an edge then I'm not sure. There's no way he's best suited on the edge either.
I still get the impression with guys like Elliot and Hetherington we are looking for players with a bit of mobility and skill in their game who won’t break the bank. And it is likely due to the possibility we are going to throw half of Newy at Munster to bring him here. Even if it fails.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The problem at the moment is we have 4 first grade front row spots and exactly 4 (arguably) first grade quality players to fill them

we have no competition for spots and no injury cover
100% this. I know Hertherington isn’t a particularly exciting prospect but he’d at least put pressure on other guys to perform. Currently outside our top 14-15 players there aren’t heaps of guys applying pressure from below. If we improve our squad overall and get the standard level of our 16-30 ranked players to improve then that will help a lot.

Also I doubt we’d pay overs for the guy, he might even take less than what he could get elsewhere given he’s from the region. Gotta get some bargain signings to make it possible to hunt the bigger names.

Latest posts