What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Man

Bench
Wingers too actually. We don't have any obvious wing depth after Uate and McManus. The only ones that would fill that role as a stop-gap measure this season are all off contract at the end of the year.

I think the player turnover is going to be massive, it's just at the moment the focus is on the big names.

Also my gut feeling about Boyd hasn't changed ever since Bennett signed - I don't think he's coming to Newcastle. I badly hope that I'm wrong, maybe I'm just protecting myself from the possible disappointment. It's just that all the "Boyd is still favoured to follow Bennett" talk makes me wonder why he hasn't just done it by now. Massive, massive doubt on it for mine. I back the Broncos still.

aqua_duck

Coach
I dunno, I reckon Fulton has one of the best football brains around to go with his high work ethic and ballplaying skills.

A more skilful version of Hilder, perhaps with slightly less grunt. If he was the size of your average backrower he would be a great player.

Regardless, I can't see a spot for Hilder and Fulton in the same squad, and I can't see us cutting Hilder to sign Fulton.
Fulton is the size of a centre/5-8th playing backrow. He's adequate but is he an improvement on Nev? No way. Besides Ethan Cook IMO is a more skillful version of Fulton, with a 100kg+ frame

Johns Magic

Referee
Fulton is the size of a centre/5-8th playing backrow. He's adequate but is he an improvement on Nev? No way.

He's not better than Gareth Ellis or Chris Heighington either but he's still a bloody handy player for the Tigers.

I'm not sure Costigan will be our lock next year anyway.

aqua_duck

Coach
He's not better than Gareth Ellis or Chris Heighington either but he's still a bloody handy player for the Tigers.

I'm not sure Costigan will be our lock next year anyway.
Well assuming Zeb gets back, House and Zeb will be backrow, Snowden and Tui up front, Nev lock. If we get Myles, then Tui to the bench, and Myles and Nev to share lock and prop. In anycase, we don't need a 80min guy who tries hard.

rnb11

Juniors
K-Man, Andrew Gee yesterday said they're not in the market for him. I do think it's either us or the Dragons now.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well assuming Zeb gets back, House and Zeb will be backrow, Snowden and Tui up front, Nev lock. If we get Myles, then Tui to the bench, and Myles and Nev to share lock and prop. In anycase, we don't need a 80min guy who tries hard.

Fulton is far more than a guy who just tries hard, he would be the best ballplayer and hole runner in our pack, including Zeb.

Anyway as I already said, we won't entertain signing him.

The Joker

Juniors
There's nothing that Fulton can do that Ethan Cook can't already and at this point in time with a cheaper price tag. Not saying Fulton is a bad player, but there's other players/positions that you could chased. Will Hopoate who can cover fullback, centre and wing maybe worth pursuing if Boyd is is going to stuff you around during negotiations

RABK

Referee
Salary cap is rumoured to be heading to 7m in 2013.

I'll call it now, either SBW or Falou will be a Knight in 2013.

RABK

Referee
I'd rather SBW.

Infact if anyone can afford to cough up the 1 million to the dogs to make SBW eligible to sign in 2012 it's tinkler. I might send tinks an email . lol

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
Liam Fulton runs some of the best lines in the comp and can do a bit with the ball in hand. I'd welcome him to Newcastle wholeheartedly.

Folau over $BW.

Jono078

Referee
Folau or SBW would be pretty tough. I think Id prefer SBW.

But I like the fact that if you're in the attacking 20 and you send a ball up in the air, 90% of the time Folau is coming down with it and scoring a try.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
BIHK...mate...you need to chill out a bit and trying to prove how much you know and how everybody else is wrong. You have a bit of a thing for me at the moment, and I'm hugely flattered, but I'm not interested in the biggest dick competition you seem to be playing.

You appear to be right with the average games thing - 63 games between 2007 and 2010. He averaged like 10 games a season before that. Either way - not good enough for a first grader, incredibly poor value for money.

Happy with the $150,000 investment this year mate?

Where you happy with the 500K investment in Johns in 2007? Hindsight is a wonderful thing when it comes to injuries...

Biggest dick competition? If you weren't interested in playing, then why make up stuff by saying that Macdougall didn't play all that well for the first half of last year, when you missed half the games? At least I know that when I am debating you, I am basing it on evidence, rather than making stuff up... :roll:

Alex28

Coach
Comparing Johns to Macdougall is an insult to the greatest player this club.

Yup...you are making sure you are the biggest dick alright...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Comparing Johns to Macdougall is an insult to the greatest player this club.

Yup...you are making sure you are the biggest dick alright...

All I am saying is that hindsight is great when it comes to injuries? Don't you agree? I mean what if Macdougall played 20 games this year and played with the great form that he demonstrated last year? as I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing, whether I use Johns as an example or not..

Keep referring to me as the "biggest dick" if you must. I'd rather be the biggest dick than to make stuff up. But hey, that's where my morals lay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts