What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex28

Coach
I was overseas for a fair bit of it. Must have been the magical 6 week period that I was away for where he has actually put in for us!

Did some looking back at the KOTW for 2010. It might just be that we have seen so many average performances that you tend to forget about the good ones.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Snowden did well tonight. Looked shaky in the first half but much better in the second.

Dont know what his stats were but had a good work rate unlike the soft St George combo of creagh and Morris.

Also 20 mins into the country match Mullens looking really good and confident and taking control. Houstons been stron and Uate is looking just ok so far.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I was overseas for a fair bit of it. Must have been the magical 6 week period that I was away for where he has actually put in for us!

Did some looking back at the KOTW for 2010. It might just be that we have seen so many average performances that you tend to forget about the good ones.

Ah, so you missed watching about a quarter of the season. Your ignorance towards how Macdougall went for the first half of the year makes sense now, as does your comment about Paterson. I wish you would have just been honest and admitted that you missed half of the games until the half way mark of the season. I could have then put a bunch of your comments down to ignorance, rather than opinions based on evidence.

Alex28

Coach
I replied to your Doogs diatribe in another thread. My issues with him go further back than last year. My issue with Doogs is that he asks and gets a full years wage when you know you'll get a bit over half a season on average out of him. That is fact. You got lucky in that he had a decent 2010, but how is your blind faith in him looking now?

We'll be lucky to get 10 games out of him this year - for a $150K a year player that isn't good enough. No doubt he'll want one last year to get his 200 games and you'll be on the side lines cheering him on and calling everyone ignorant because they don't share your opinion.

I genuinely forgot how well Pato went, that's on me. But let's get back to the point - do you think he makes House - quite possibly an Origin player after last night - look like "Tanner" on a good day?

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Pato on his day can be more damaging, however his day comes once every 6 matches, rest of the time he hovers between decent and useless. House on his day is very good but rest of the time he's still decent, with one useless effort thrown in once every 15 games

Whats Doing

Bench
Interesting article in the SMH with Matty Johns stating that the knights should go after Falou. I am sure him and cutie are not enjoying the basking they are getting in the AFL.

Now if we miss out on Boyd and we have missed out Idris, I wonder if Uncle Tinks and Wayne will start thinking outside the square for a Centre and Fullback?

G.I.

Juniors
Interesting article in the SMH with Matty Johns stating that the knights should go after Falou. I am sure him and cutie are not enjoying the basking they are getting in the AFL.

Now if we miss out on Boyd and we have missed out Idris, I wonder if Uncle Tinks and Wayne will start thinking outside the square for a Centre and Fullback?

Does anyone know how long they are both contracted for?

Let's we what Bennett can do for Patto's game before we give up on him.

Soward was known as a lazy trainer with a poor attitude that was resulting in the biggest waste of talent in the comp until Bennett turned up. He's now unquestionably the most consistently dominant half in the game.

Bennett will sort him out, one way or another.

This.

With the greatest coach of all time coming to the club, it would be borderline lunacy to get rid of players that are long on potential (even if they are perceived to be short on heart). Bennett can fix that.

What Bennett can't do is manufacture talent in those that have none.

If we need to free up cap space to accommodate Myles / Snowie / Boyd / whoever, what about getting rid of some nuf nufs like Kaufusi, Karawana, Tolar, McDonnell etc before gifting a potentially great player like Pato to an opposition team?

Silent Knight

First Grade
what about getting rid of some nuf nufs like Kaufusi, Karawana, Tolar, McDonnell etc

It will be a very happy day when those nuff nuffs are shown the door. I can just picture the big smile on my face now. Don't forget Ciraldo as well. They can all join Dureau over at Catalans. Our depth won't be affected that much as Bennett will bring the very best out of our juniors, and with the recent success of our SG Ball side I can't wait til I see some of those local kids make it through the system as well.

aqua_duck

Coach
Seriously if we replace all the nuffies with minimum wage kids like Tets, Rod Mason, kev Naiqama, etc I don't think we'd weaken ourselves that much, and we could find another Zeb or Junior within that lot

perverse

Referee
i agree, we have homegrown nuffies capable of filling depth positions again now. everyone must realise that when we brought some of these blokes in we weren't so rich on depth, though.... because all the cheeky f**kers were on sweet pay in first grade.

Johns Magic

Referee
Hilder is off-contract isn't he?

I think he could be on the out if we sign Myles, especially if Bedsy or Fein come as well.

perverse

Referee
i think it would be pretty strange to get rid of Hilder only to sign Fien... neither are likely to be our first choice option at hooker i would hope, and Hilder has more strings to his bow imo.

Johns Magic

Referee
i think it would be pretty strange to get rid of Hilder only to sign Fien... neither are likely to be our first choice option at hooker i would hope, and Hilder has more strings to his bow imo.

Myles will be signed to fill the role Hilder does at lock I think, just with far more impact. A workaholic 80 minute backrower.

If we sign another hooker(and Fien is certainly a better hooker than Hilder), I can see Hilder's role in the squad becoming somewhat obsolete.

RABK

Referee
Fien is a pretty crafty number 9. A rep quality hooker who probably expects 175k.

perverse

Referee
just checked, Hilder is signed until 2013. the more you look, the more you struggle to find a spot for De Gois, which isn't a big deal. what confuses me is how close the papers have him to signing with us every time he's mentioned.

i don't think Fien is a poor player, i would just rate him on the same tier as a Hilder with all things considered - mainly given his age. if we want an old fart hooker, just get Bedsy back. you know he'll bleed out before letting the team down - and there's a chance to give one of our greats a fairytale finish that we've really never afforded to any of our big names over the years. i can't help but wonder if Buderus is one of those blokes that Wayne would go yep, he's a guy i would have liked to have coached in my career.

imagine Bedsy lifting the trophy in 18 odd months - the sendoff he deserves. sends chills down your spine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts