What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolla

Juniors
The roosters are the benchmark for over-rated, over-payed, under-performing players. Ryles, O'mealy, Mason, Minichello, Anasta are a few examples off the top of my head. Maybe that is influencing my oppinion on Myles, he is ok, but i don't want him.

RABK

Referee
Myles is quality, Houston on steroids. He's not a player on my dream list but he is a fair way better than any of our current forwards.

If we are this far into negotiations then it's not a matter of plan B because we might not get snowden. We must have a fair amount of cap space to be offering contracts to Boyd, Snowden and Myles all at the same time.

perverse

Referee
how far into negotiations does a meeting suggest, exactly?

Allstar Knights mentioned the meeting with Ken Edwards in this thread on page 4 btw, Jono.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
What i'm suggesting is they are all plan A and with what cap space we have TSG and WB have managed to fit reasonable offers for 3 internationals through their influence.

perverse

Referee
RABK - i'd like to think you're right on that. or even to be able to convince myself that is the case at this stage.

also we've heard from the Sau corner and the Stone corner today. i wonder what of De Gois at the moment?

RABK

Referee
Generally a meeting suggests a formal expression of interest or even offer has been made and the player/manager see's enough in it to meet for a detailed discussion.

They don't meet to ask 'So we saw you're off contract, how much are you looking for?'

Jono078

Referee
Well Nathan Fien was rumored also remember, he might be the cheap option if we lose De Gois?

I definitely don't think we have cap space for Boyd, Myles AND Snowden?

perverse

Referee
Generally a meeting suggests a formal expression of interest or even offer has been made and the player/manager see's enough in it to meet for a detailed discussion.

They don't meet to ask 'So we saw you're off contract, how much are you looking for?'
yep, fair enough. i don't see why that process would take any longer than a week or 2 potentially, though... particularly if you're throwing a bit of splash cash about. in Myles case i suspect you might be right... because what interests me about it is that, as i said earlier, i'm under the impression that Myles is contracted to the Roosters until the end of 2012. therefore one might think that either the Roosters may be trying to find him a potential suitor to alleviate some cap pressure, or he has perhaps even floated the idea of getting a release from the final year of his contract himself to come to us (or the highest bidder).

in NRL players cases, upon reflection, you would imagine the manager would do a lot of the initial bullshitting for sure. yeah, i can see what you mean.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Well Parra have been allegedly playing a million under the cap. Look at our roster. Who's to say we are 500k under with a further 600k freeing up this year and all those quotes by stone about our cap been tight was bullshit?

dan121

Juniors
A few weeks back Troy Palmer said it was possible for us to fit Boyd,Snowy and Blair all under the cap.I think we are after all 3.

perverse

Referee
when the Crusade met with them, they expressed in no uncertain terms that there was a lot of room for them to move with 3rd party agreements. honestly, i didn't quite think this much, but who knows?

"we will milk every last cent out of the cap that we can". i may be slightly paraphrasing as i cannot remember his exact wording, but i'm quoting Troy Palmer as directly as i can. this was stated after assuring us they had no intention of breaking the cap as a "but..."

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
I think with tinkler it's different than any other contract negotiations. He plays tough and things go according to his watch. So whilst a player/manager is able to use the media and other clubs to hasten a big deal with tink's it's 'Sit your ass down, i want you, i can pay you x amount, you'll be coached by WB, don't sign anything until we speak again in 2 weeks'

RABK

Referee
And it'd be hard as a player not to listen.

Also think of the cap raises the tv deal will bring. Could be a 7 million cap in 2014. All tinks would have to say is 'i'll look after you'

Jono078

Referee
Tinkler - Giving you an offer you can't refuse.

I like :D haha.

I just hope we see some pen-to-paper in the coming weeks or all the links and rumors are gonna get tiresome.

RABK

Referee
What's the incoming cap raise? Could clubs not start back ending deals in line with that.

perverse

Referee
i don't believe there is an official one set in stone... it is just an assumption based on the TV rights deal. i'm pretty sure one will come through, and clubs are probably banking on it with a few contracts. i think up to $6mill has been bandied about a little... but yeah, nothing solid. just depends on how much we get from the TV deal i would say, and they will adjust it accordingly.

Rolla

Juniors
Well Parra have been allegedly playing a million under the cap. Look at our roster. Who's to say we are 500k under with a further 600k freeing up this year and all those quotes by stone about our cap been tight was bullshit?

Very likely. I the negotiation business disclosing your budget is a very big no no. For example when buying your house a real estate agent will often ask what your preapproved finances are (or your maximum budget) and despite their suggestions it is not to help them help you.

Serc

First Grade
Some great discussion in here gents...

In the past few weeks I've been forgetting a little about what happened a month ago, but reading the last few pages has brought it all to the fore again...and gets you just a little excited in the pants thinking about what might be to come in the next few years, I think I know how Yosh feels every day of the year now :lol: except this may all very well end up happening!

PS: perverse - did you spend most of today having a close relationship with the shitter? Seems like our good friend Myles got you on a roll! (or two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts