What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.I.

Juniors
Definitely. I don't think anyone sees it any differently.

My order of preference if we could sign the blokes named in this thread would be

1 Sonny Bill Williams
2 Kade Snowden
3 Darius Boyd
4 William Hopoate
5 Nate Myles
6 Mick Ennis
7 Jon Green

100% agree.

macavity

Referee
It is in their interests to get the largest sale possible, (think commission) and of course get the sale over the line.

Through university courses, first hand experience and a lot of property investment literature i can assure you it is quite relevant in the property game. Probably in any sales negotiation really.... You tell a shoe salesmen you want to spend between 100 and 250 dollars on footy boots, which ones do you think they will show you?

REAs work for buyers. Their primary interest is to make the sale, not get the best price. they would rather a real 2,000 comm today than a "potential" 3,000 comm tomorrow. proven by economists a long time ago mate.

Interesting in the context of the house/pato debate.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Actually guys, I was watching a game yesterday, Joey's last game, 2007 in Canberra.

I was still living in Canberra at the time and went to that game :cry:

I'm also going to make a completely outlandish prediction regarding the Houston Vs Patterson debate. Please take this with a grain of salt those of you who are Patto fans (don't slam me!)

Patto will continue his mediocre form to the point where Bennett won't have a bar of him in 2012 and will seek to cut him from the club. Patto will get fairly emo and the Mundine camp will jump up in the media and say the Knights aren't doing the right thing by him and that we're a "racist club" despite having a number of talented Polynesians in the squad. Patto will kick start his boxing career which will ultimately tank like Carl Webbs did. Western Reds will enter the competition and offer Patto a lifeline. Patto won't deliver for the Reds and will spend the remainder of his career in the reggies, which really won't matter that much for the Reds administration because they picked him up on the cheap. Patto will feature in future LU threads of "players who never reached their potential".

House will continue with his hard-working no nonsense attitude at the Knights and will go on to represent NSW and Australia. When Gidley retires, Mullen will become the next Knights captain with House serving as vice captain. At the end of his career Houston will be compared to hard working club greats like Tony Butterfield and Steve Simpson by those of us here at LU.

Yosh

Coach

Patto has done things House can only dream of. That's why it's such a shame. As someone mentioned above normally:

House=Joey
Patto=Rudder

I really thought Patto would become a special player in 2010:

2008 Attack + 2009 Defence = Mega 2010 Patto!:D

Real Shame!

Alex28

Coach
Patto has done things House can only dream of. That's why it's such a shame. As someone mentioned above normally:

House=Joey
Patto=Rudder

I really thought Patto would become a special player in 2010:

2008 Attack + 2009 Defence = Mega 2010 Patto!:D

Real Shame!

Haven't you contradicted yourself there? Joey (House) being the talented one who had a stellar career, and Rudder being a lump of rock with no ability but riding on the superstars coat tails?

Also 2010 Pato we already know was rubbish. We are in 2011 now.

Please...educate me Yoshi. Tell me what Pato has done that House can only dream of.

I'll side with Yosh, Talent wise their pretty even but I just reckon patto's offloading skills nudge him ahead, but work rate and desire House is 400% times better then Patto ever will be.

chinorocks

Juniors
Housten shits on Patto from a great height. Patto is lucky to be in the side on current form and that's in a pack currently boasting Kaufusi, Tolar and Karawana. Yes Patto showed a lot of promise 4 years ago, but he has not lived up to it. House sat out a year, walked back in and straight away he's playing twice as well as Patto and walks into the Country side. Enough said.

Yosh

Coach
I think Patto has heaps of things that House hasn't really shown yet:

Magic offloads
No look passes
Catching bombs
HUGE hits
Goal kicking

House is a solid solid defender and raps the ball up great in tackles. He runs the ball okay and has a good workrate. He'll keep you in a game but won't win it in the dying seconds like Patto can.

I rate House over Patto easy.

Alex: I'm saying normally they play like that on a weekly basis! House is masterclass while Patto comes along to make up the numbers.

RABK

Referee
Let's we what Bennett can do for Patto's game before we give up on him.

Soward was known as a lazy trainer with a poor attitude that was resulting in the biggest waste of talent in the comp until Bennett turned up. He's now unquestionably the most consistently dominant half in the game.

Bennett will sort him out, one way or another.

RABK

Referee
On Myles, looking through his stats it would seem he was injured or down on fitness to start the season. He's an 80 minute player yet was only playing 40 or 50 minutes for the first few rounds but played 80 last week with 22 hit ups for 174 metres and 34 tackles.

They are phenomenal numbers and you'd be looking at a Matt Parsons game in 2004 for the last time a Knight made them

Myles and Snowden made 43 hit ups for 350 metres between them on the weekend.

Faas, Tui, Houston, Patterson, Edwards, Kaufusi, Karawana and Tolar made 59 hit ups for 423 metres between the 8 of them on the same weekend.

If that doesn't show you just how incredibly shit our forward pack is then your name is Dan Tolar.

We need both Nate and Kade. Kade and Nev can't carry that shit by themselves.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
sif you need forwards when you have your outside backs doing the work :sarcasm:

RABK

Referee
Well i certainly hope the forwards always pick up the tab at the bar, lazy pricks.

Johns Magic

Referee
Smith has been giving Myles bench time when he really is an 80 minute player...it's his obsession with having impact players off the bench like Masoe and Nuuausala combined with Anasta playing 80 minutes at lock this year.

In saying that, Myles' quality has been well down this year on last. He hasn't looked like a happy camper.

Whats Doing

Bench
Smith has been giving Myles bench time when he really is an 80 minute player...it's his obsession with having impact players off the bench like Masoe and Nuuausala combined with Anasta playing 80 minutes at lock this year.

In saying that, Myles' quality has been well down this year on last. He hasn't looked like a happy camper.

I sat 10 foot away from the Roosters bench last week and that was certainly the case.

Interesting that Myles has yet to sign with Titans. i thought it was a done deal. Also he had a major league sledgathon with their forward on the weekend. I think if we offer a good deal the lure of Bennett will be able to get his signature. I think snowy and Myles would give our backs the extra bit of room to thrive. Even minus Darius who let's emotion cloud his long term welfare.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Haven't you contradicted yourself there? Joey (House) being the talented one who had a stellar career, and Rudder being a lump of rock with no ability but riding on the superstars coat tails?

Also 2010 Pato we already know was rubbish. We are in 2011 now.

Please...educate me Yoshi. Tell me what Pato has done that House can only dream of.

LOL! Then why was he leading the KOTW ranking for the first half of 2010? I sometimes wonder if you actually watched the first half of 2010 :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts