What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow gorn - off to Parramatta

Big Mick

Referee
Rusty sounds like his entire club was built upon Juniors and he is losing a local junior.

You bought him from the Titans douchebag.

He and Richo acting like they are Gods gift.

Richo is a prick. If it wasn't for him Penrith wouldn't have been in such a crap position after 2003 when he signed players to stupid contracts.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I don't care if we paid 550 for him. Its about the need. Right now we have no playmaker and we need one. Hence, we needed to pay overs.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No worries, man .. be content in the fact that he has signed Walker, Atkins, Whatuira, Webb and now Sandow for what could be anywhere from $380k - $550k / season.

Kearney didn't sign Atkins or Webb, that was the previous administration

grouch

First Grade
Upon reflection, it's much worse that pettiness and small-mindedness from Richardson and Rusty. It's a serious breach of trust. Blabbing about Sandow's possible new contract seems to be entirely self-serving, and proves that they are more interested in saving face, rather than respecting their own players. They preach about loyalty but don't think twice about shedding junors like Champion, and apparently the minute a player turns his back on them they spill confidential details about his new contract. I hate Sandow as much as anyone but he doesn't deserve the enormous pressure that will come now that Parra fans know how exactly much of the cap he is taking up. Once again these people in charge of Souths show themselves to be incredibly unprofessional

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sandow signed for 400k a season for 4 years.

given he's achieved zero in his FG career thus far, he's worth no more than 150k a year. imo he's along way down the list of top halfbacks in the NRL.

Surprised that Parra didn't chase Moltzen, could've got him for less and he's just the same in quality, he's also capable of making 1-2 tackles a game max.

Sandow will miss 30 before he luckily hangs onto someone

broncos2012

Juniors
Holy shit thank christ. I remember reading he was talking with the broncos. Today is a day of celebration.

I would be glad if I was souths tbh.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Kearney didn't sign Atkins or Webb, that was the previous administration
Apologies, I thought Webb was signed late in the season and Kearney had been confirmed coach pretty early on. Guess the timing was out there.

Avenger .. obviously there is a need for a playmaker at Parramatta .. someone like Tom Humble, for example, who your coach apparently sees no value in despite being a very good prospect by all accounts.

I think a better option for Parramatta would have been James Maloney .. has an option for 2012 with the Warriors, but obviously not set in stone. Could have been your first choice kicker as well.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Sandow signed for 400k a season for 4 years.

given he's achieved zero in his FG career thus far, he's worth no more than 150k a year. imo he's along way down the list of top halfbacks in the NRL.

Surprised that Parra didn't chase Moltzen, could've got him for less and he's just the same in quality, he's also capable of making 1-2 tackles a game max.

Sandow will miss 30 before he luckily hangs onto someone
Both Moltzen and Lui are signed with the Tigers until end of 2012.

I think Jacob Miller is also signed to 2012.

SDM

First Grade
Apologies, I thought Webb was signed late in the season and Kearney had been confirmed coach pretty early on. Guess the timing was out there.

Avenger .. obviously there is a need for a playmaker at Parramatta .. someone like Tom Humble, for example, who your coach apparently sees no value in despite being a very good prospect by all accounts.

I think a better option for Parramatta would have been James Maloney .. has an option for 2012 with the Warriors, but obviously not set in stone. Could have been your first choice kicker as well.

:lol: You are a f**king idiot. Humble has been unavailable all year.

caylo

Bench
I would say Sandow is worth no more than $200k/season ... honestly, what has he done in the NRL?

Take away his chip'n'chase efforts when Souths are either down by 30 or up by 30, all he gives Souths are a couple of 40/20s each season and anywhere from 5-10 missed tackles a game.

And they think he's going to be the solution .. LOL.

Stephen Kearney is quickly becoming one of those "good at rep level but useless at club level" coaches.

so when you substitute him for mortimer what you get is a few 40/20s each year.

Look he isn't the bets halfback in the world but he isn't the worst either. Sandow has a lot of ability and there wasn't much else on the market outside of him so parramatta went hard. We still need to resolve our 5-8 problem so still work to do.

Latest posts