What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2025 Changes I'd like to see.

With the finals now looking out of reach this season, I'd like to create a thread to ease the disappointment we've felt throughout 2024. Here are some changes I'd like to see for the Warriors in the 2025 season.

1. Metcalf to halfback. (SJ to retire.)
2. RTS moves to fullback.
3. CNK moves to 5/8. (Running half with good linkage play.)
4. Mitch Barnett remains captain, Tohu still in leadership team but he will be playing his last season.
5. Roache starting hooker. (Egan to retire.)
6. CHT is our utility interchange #14

7. Lineup 2025:

01: RTS.
02: DWZ.
03: Leiataua.
04: MGT.
05: Tuaupiki. (gk2)
06: CNK.
07: Metcalf. (gk1)
08: JFH.
09: Roache.
10: Barnett. (c)
11: Niukore.
12: Capewell.
13: Harris (vc)

14: CHT. (gk3)
15: Ford.
16. Halasima.
17. Laban.

8. Better attaching variation, especially fifth tackle plays.

9. More communication to improve team cohesion on attack and defence.

10. Defensive line speed to improve.

11. Webster to trust our youngsters more and select form over experience players.

I can see a few people disagreeing with SJ and CNK/RTS changes, however I cannot fake how I feel what should be.

Sorry MGT and Leiataua are not there yet, and 2 rookie centre showed tonight how defense falls apart so easily.
Berry been very solid till injured and Pompey was holding his own.

The rest can seem logical but don't see Webster buying into RTS at fullback, requires admitting being wrong. Not sure on many top coaches egos handling that.
I keep hearing them say fullback is a young man's spot now days (then they say Tedesco is a freak).

nswarrior

Juniors
With the finals now looking out of reach this season, I'd like to create a thread to ease the disappointment we've felt throughout 2024. Here are some changes I'd like to see for the Warriors in the 2025 season.

1. Metcalf to halfback. (SJ to retire.)
2. RTS moves to fullback.
3. CNK moves to 5/8. (Running half with good linkage play.)
4. Mitch Barnett remains captain, Tohu still in leadership team but he will be playing his last season.
5. Roache starting hooker. (Egan to retire.)
6. CHT is our utility interchange #14

7. Lineup 2025:

01: RTS.
02: DWZ.
03: Leiataua.
04: MGT.
05: Tuaupiki. (gk2)
06: CNK.
07: Metcalf. (gk1)
08: JFH.
09: Roache.
10: Barnett. (c)
11: Niukore.
12: Capewell.
13: Harris (vc)

14: CHT. (gk3)
15: Ford.
16. Halasima.
17. Laban.

8. Better attaching variation, especially fifth tackle plays.

9. More communication to improve team cohesion on attack and defence.

10. Defensive line speed to improve.

11. Webster to trust our youngsters more and select form over experience players.

I can see a few people disagreeing with SJ and CNK/RTS changes, however I cannot fake how I feel what should be.
That team could challenge for the wooden spoon for sure!! Slow in attack and defence