What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowboys

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Leiataua maybe at centre if he’s available. But yeah I’ll take that.

Being a proud indigenous bloke he may have also found being away from his culture and people hard too, which would be understandable.
Leiataua is a month or so away I think, pretty serious ankle injury - which makes it significantly noteworthy that he made it through the rest of the game and played so well

Big Marn

Bench
Despite mixed results on the field, the Warriors fans have been keeping the faith.

The club has enjoyed a hot run of crowd attendance, and are now eying an NRL record of selling out every home game in a season.

With upcoming clashes against Melbourne and Brisbane already sold out, the Warriors will just need to fill the house in their final three games to reach an unprecedented mark.

With sellouts for their two trials in February as well, it leaves them on track to deliver 14 sold-out home games for the year.

Warriors chief executive Cameron George said the fan base has taken its support to another level in 2024.

"It's absolutely brilliant seeing the way members and fans have got behind their club. To sell out the Melbourne game almost three weeks ahead of game day and the Broncos almost five weeks out is unbelievable."

After the blockbusters against the Storm and Broncos, the Warriors end their home season with games against the Tigers, Eels and Bulldogs.

"If we can sell out those games as well it will be an amazing achievement and another statement about what the club and rugby league mean to New Zealanders."

The Warriors have sold out 17 of their 22 home games since the start of 2023, which saw home games in Wellington, Brisbane, Napier, and Christchurch.

In 10 matches at Go Media Stadium last year, the crowd average was 22,739 with the biggest 26,083 against the Knights.

The crowd average for five matches at Go Media Stadium so far this season is up to 23,658.

Matua

Bench
Well this frikkin annoying, I checked the Tribe app to see what time kick off was today and there's no game this week. Now what am I supposed to do with my Sunday? :)

Leber

Bench
This will be a really hard team to pick. I’d go something like

1 cnk
2 dwz
3 mtg
4 pompey
5 montoya
6 tmm
7 johnson
8 afoa
9 egan
10 niukore
11 ford
12 barnett
13 walker

14 cht
15 tevaga
16 afb
17 harris

I’d start harris on the bench. He hasn’t been himself this year and as someone alluded to earlier, playing at prop might spark him up. Also Addin on the bench will pack a huge punch.

for mine, at full strength, capewell doesn’t make the squad.

Rich102

Staff member
Well this frikkin annoying, I checked the Tribe app to see what time kick off was today and there's no game this week. Now what am I supposed to do with my Sunday? :)
Watch the SailGP and support NZ

Blair

Coach
Get called into work on your day off because a silly young workmate would rather watch 'UFC with his mates' than do an eight hour Sunday rates shift.

Matua

Bench
Get called into work on your day off because a silly young workmate would rather watch 'UFC with his mates' than do an eight hour Sunday rates shift.
I'm salaried with flexible working so Sunday rates don't apply to me - I've made the best of the slight break in the awful recent Sydney weather and went for a long walk this morning.

TheDMC

Bench
Tomorrow's team announcement is a big day - if AFB is in the team + plays well/normal on the weekend, we are looking good for him to play out the season, and big boost to our chances of making the finals.

If he isn't named, for whatever reason given, I think it's game over for AFB at the Warriors, and probably our season too.

vvvrulz

Coach
Surely if we've learnt anything these last weeks, is that one man doesn't make a team.

Obviously we can't endure an injury list this bad for much longer, but with enough key guys returning I think we can make a shake for the eight even without AFB. Be better if he came to the party of course, but I like our resilience.

TheDMC

Bench
Surely if we've learnt anything these last weeks, is that one man doesn't make a team.

Obviously we can't endure an injury list this bad for much longer, but with enough key guys returning I think we can make a shake for the eight even without AFB. Be better if he came to the party of course, but I like our resilience.

Agreed, but when you outside the 8 and playing catch up on points, you are going to need your best players more than ever.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agreed, but when you outside the 8 and playing catch up on points, you are going to need your best players more than ever.
You do, but you can also use something like that as motivation if he does go. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Barnett has stepped up since AFB originally indicated he wanted to leave. If the rest of the pack took it as an opportunity to shine more, we’d cover him.

TheDMC

Bench
For sure. But also you would hope that the "stepping up" of the other players (Barnett, TMM, for example) over the past few weeks will continue even with AFB and SJ back ...that's really what the the team needs to go to the next level (which means making the finals and then being a force to reckon with there).

Tomorrow's team announcement is a big day - if AFB is in the team + plays well/normal on the weekend, we are looking good for him to play out the season, and big boost to our chances of making the finals.

If he isn't named, for whatever reason given, I think it's game over for AFB at the Warriors, and probably our season too.
Maybe Warriors of the past rely on one player to get us over. Not this mob they have proven that we can still hold our own without Karen Fonua-Blake.

If he wants to be part of our team then great stuff. If he plays up and doesn't play then NSW Cup or boot cleaning duties for the remainder of 2024.

hitro

Juniors
ok no Shaun this is good if he's not 100%. Ford at prop?? I guess Walker is the other dummy half unless Wade gets knocked out or something and Lussick comes on from 18. No Bunty, well I guess everyone was not going to fit in...

Last edited: