What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2022/23

Both gone. Murphy doing the damage this innings. Any wonder as our top order are among the worst players of spin in the shield. Barring Sangha.

Last edited:
Sangha continues to disappoint. It usually takes a peach to remove him but his reckless wide drive in the first innings showed he is way down on confidence. I still think most of his problem is not technical it is what lies between the ears....

Last edited:
We are gonna be rolled for 150. Shipperd is going to have to make batting changes for the second half if we are to get out of the cellar.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Great win by Victoria, keeping their bunny hold dominance on the Blues in recent years

Todd Murphy and Sutherland 16 wickets for the match...

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't recall NSW ever being this bad in my lifetime of 28 years even when we provide half of the Australian team.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah something is rotten at Cricket NSW atm.

There is no standout players under 23 they are getting developed or look like future test cricketers. When we have generally 2 or 3 waiting in the wings from 21-22 years of age.

Tim Ward for example couldn't get a look in then goes to Tassie and is one of the leading shield run scorers this year on a tricky wicket in Hobart while NSW struggle to get to 200 atm.

I maintain there is some issue with our pathways especially that a lot of the Western Sydney population who play cricket for the past 15-20 years would have some sort of Asian heritage. Aren't being nutured into the state system. The talent is there.

Usman Khawaja, Jason & Tanveer Sangha, Gurinder Sandhu and Arjun Nair in the last decade and a half are the only ones who have made it to state level from NSW.

I feel it's being under utilised.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah something is rotten at Cricket NSW atm.

There is no standout players under 23 they are getting developed or look like future test cricketers. When we have generally 2 or 3 waiting in the wings from 21-22 years of age.

Tim Ward for example couldn't get a look in then goes to Tassie and is one of the leading shield run scorers this year on a tricky wicket in Hobart while NSW struggle to get to 200 atm.

I maintain there is some issue with our pathways especially that a lot of the Western Sydney population who play cricket for the past 15-20 years would have some sort of Asian heritage. Aren't being nutured into the state system. The talent is there.

Usman Khawaja, Jason & Tanveer Sangha, Gurinder Sandhu and Arjun Nair in the last decade and a half are the only ones who have made it to state level from NSW.

I feel it's being under utilised.

Goes with anything, Those in the suits think Western Sydney starts at the ANZAC Bridge.

What is the bet that all the games Klinger mentioned they check out are all around Inner Sydney/North Shore?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How many Bluebaggers go interstate and kick on ? says a lot.

How many come to NSW from other states and kick on ? None that I can ever recall.

Edit: Peter Neville