What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 24: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Hastings is a huge worry, but I still think we need to win 2/3 to play finals. For us to win 1 we need a lot of results going our way, and you don’t really want to limp into the finals either.

mozza91

Coach
Clune isn’t as good but he’s a more than adequate replacement. Returned in Cup today and the side improved massively. I’m confident he’ll slide in to FG without too many problems.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Clune isn’t as good but he’s a more than adequate replacement. Returned in Cup today and the side improved massively. I’m confident he’ll slide in to FG without too many problems.
Hopefully Clune can just bring a good kicking game and keep feeding Ponga and the outside backs.

Alex28

Coach
In the last 6 weeks the knights have played Dogs twice, Tigers, Dolphins, a bye and a shitty raiders team. Now the easy draw is over, they will have to play a near full strength Souths team with 3 forwards returning next week and an inform sharks team.
Er, the Storm and the Raiders were top 4 at the time. Almost beat the Broncos and Panthers during the year too.

Take us lightly at your peril.

Cup have looked 10x times better with Cluney in the side. He's not as good as Jacko but I agree he will be a very handy replacement.

Maybe our 2023 Leo Dynevor ;)

Old dog

Juniors
Clune is the one to replace Hastings and if others are ok, JSaf main worry, DanS, Best, Frizell, we will be ok and competitive over the next few weeks, semi bound and Hastings fit to go

mozza91

Coach
Clune is the one to replace Hastings and if others are ok, JSaf main worry, DanS, Best, Frizell, we will be ok and competitive over the next few weeks, semi bound and Hastings fit to go
I thought Daniel was great today. Didn’t look hindered at all so he’ll be sweet. Best being rested seemed precautionary so he should be right for the Bunnies. Friz looked in trouble in he 1st half but he’s tough as all f**k. Jacob didn’t seem right though. Might need another week if he’s not 100 percent.

Woody90

Juniors
Reading the meltdowns in the Kennel from the same people saying we had no chance of winning has significantly eased the pain from losing Hastings lol.

Honestly how they’ve won any games this year is beyond me. So so bad.

Rod

Bench
Beforehand we were worried about this being another ambush so good to not even have to sweat the game at all, kind of amazing how bad the Dogs were both times this year but hey that's not our problem. Gus has a hell of a mess there, he needs to focus on that rather than worrying about us giving our boys a break after the first bye perhaps.

A lot of good performances again, good to see the Safs aiming up, Fitz, Leo and Gagai strong again, what great years they've had. Ponga didn't even really have to do anything today.

Lost a bit of shape and cohesion in the 2nd half with all the positional switches, and our 5th tackle options kind of went to shit. The one half-decent thing the Dogs did all day was rush up on Gamble and Ponga, as a result our kicking game again isn't quite where you'd want it to be when playing the top teams. I love what Hastings brings to the team but honestly his kicking is definitely replaceable with Clune, it's more the general organization and link play that we'll miss.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Watching D Saf’s physicality yesterday was my biggest take from it. His contact on their forwards was big. I think our often maligned twins are about to make their statement. Fitzy is playing like his life depends on it. Going out big.

aqua_duck

Coach
I found it and had a good chuckle. Them blokes are worse than us!

Your screenshots of them saying theyre top 4 when healthy quickly changed to sack Ciraldo, cut Thompson, TPJ sucks etc haahahaha. They even hate Burton!
Tbf Burton has been pretty underwhelming this year.
What I love about the kennel is they’re the most optimistic fans, devoid of any sense of reality, every new signing will become a superstar, top 4 prediction every preseason, big win before every game and then have the biggest meltdown when it predictably doesn’t happen.
We go into things with tempered expectations and at best cautious optimism so the fall isn’t as bad

Knight Tales

Juniors
Tbf Burton has been pretty underwhelming this year.
What I love about the kennel is they’re the most optimistic fans, devoid of any sense of reality, every new signing will become a superstar, top 4 prediction every preseason, big win before every game and then have the biggest meltdown when it predictably doesn’t happen.
We go into things with tempered expectations and at best cautious optimism so the fall isn’t as bad
Burton and JAC are products of strong systems and only play well with strong support around them. JAC is a good fella but he believes his own BS. Burton was bought to be a dominant ball runner and secondary playmaker. He is a centre. Their recruitment is a cap killing disaster and that was what they tried to hang on Des. Only for it to repeat itself.

Woody90

Juniors
Burton and JAC are products of strong systems and only play well with strong support around them. JAC is a good fella but he believes his own BS. Burton was bought to be a dominant ball runner and secondary playmaker. He is a centre. Their recruitment is a cap killing disaster and that was what they tried to hang on Des. Only for it to repeat itself.

Yeah agreed. I’d be very hesitant about going out and hanging so much recruitment on bringing guys over from Penrith. Their players all look fantastic in a well coached system, it’s hard to tell how they’d go out of it.
Even Cleary who is no doubt a great halfback is suddenly ineffective at Origin level when he’s out of that system.

Latest posts