What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ship runs aground on Nobbys

Gene Krupa

Referee
garden fairy said:
I was at Lee Wharf (Honeysuckle) this morning, on the fourth floor of an apartment building, and I was wondering what was going on, cause there were little boats heading out of the harbour, and then the Westpac Rescue Helicopter came whizzing over aswell...

We live across the road from the uni, they sent people home from there cause of flooding, and then someone went and had an accident, so they had to close it off and direct people in a different direction...it took me half an hour to get home from Jesmond (a 3 minute drive).

I have to go back into Honeysuckle tonight...I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get in...

I just went to pick up Jo from work and it took me an hour, round trip. There is flooding on almost every road into the place. Avoid the Mayfield/Waratah area, the Wickham area near the Croation bowling club, the water is over the road and there are cars abandoned there and Industrial Hwy, it always floods there! Best bet is straight down Newcastle Rd but there are major delays.

cram

Bench
Avoid the Jesmond area if you are looking to go out. Apparently the road is is flooded and cars are being washed away.

We live in Waratah West, and are on a hill but the water is gushing through our block.

I have never seen anything like this

roopy

Referee
I think Dora Creek will flood.
That will piss a few people off.
It used to flood every 5 years or so, but hasn't for about 20 years.
All the flood zone along the creek is full of million dollar houses built since the last flood. I should hop in the kayak and go have a look tomorrow morning - rowing up the creek should be funny as a circus.

Gene Krupa

Referee
roopy said:
All the flood zone along the creek is full of million dollar houses built since the last flood. I should hop in the kayak and go have a look tomorrow morning - rowing up the creek should be funny as a circus.

You are just evil! :badgrin:

roopy

Referee
everyone who buys or builds along Dora Creek is told it is a flood zone - but they all act like it is a huge surprize when it happens.
I'll be 50 next year and i must have seen it happen 6 or 7 times.
It is lovely along the creek - but there is a reason locals don't live there.

stevo

Juniors
roopy said:

I like your style Roops!

We need that up here thou. Our dams are shockling low. We are still on Level 4 and will be for a long time to come. If we get all the rain and flodding you guys have atm then it'll be a dream. Only problem is, it never seems to fall near the catchments. We got a little bit this time but nowhere near enough :(

perverse

Referee
Stranger said:
Sydney >>> Newcastle

:D . Safe and sound. :)

*watches news to see Sydney flooding*.
rofl if chatswood floods i'm getting naked and going for a paddle.

yep... pretty confident we're safe in sydney :crazy:

macavity

Referee
just got home about an hour ago

i was one of the last to get out of the city

they are evacuating most of Newcastle. my sister and boss are both stuck in town, their cars floated away (boss has a 4WD ffs..)

I have no idea how I got home - my car is a mess, had to drive over median strips and forge through some pretty high flood waters. was the scariest trip of my life. along merewether the waves are crashing over the road - there is usually 40m of beach between the water and the road.

Big Tim

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
I just went to pick up Jo from work and it took me an hour, round trip. There is flooding on almost every road into the place. Avoid the Mayfield/Waratah area, the Wickham area near the Croation bowling club, the water is over the road and there are cars abandoned there and Industrial Hwy, it always floods there! Best bet is straight down Newcastle Rd but there are major delays.

Not good advice mate... I sat on Donald street for about 1/2 an hour, turned around, went down Maitland road and got home in about 20 more ish.

It is terrible out there. The Donald street bridge seemed to be closed, and on the radio they were saying that the big round-a-bout at Jesmond was flooded. Even reports of cars under water. One of my mates at work lives at Merewether, his Mum called and said they wouldnt be picking him up cos they couldnt find the car. Seems like Merewether is not the place to be.....

Parki

Bench
whoop whoop

there were like three people in my store, then the lights went off and we kicked them out and shut the doors

i hate customers

though walking home in two foot of water wasnt fun

Big Tim

First Grade
Parki said:
whoop whoop

there were like three people in my store, then the lights went off and we kicked them out and shut the doors

i hate customers

At least you had customers, we had none, but people living in other states kept ringing while we were trying to keep our stock out of the water.

perverse

Referee
jesus.. lol.

this may sound a little.. i dunno.. careless, but can anyone get some pics? i only recently moved to sydney from newie and this is blowing away.. i somehow feel like i should be seeing this.. lol.

stay safe guys, best luck on keeping your sh*t dry.

also stranger - yep.. moved to chatswood at the end of last year.. must say i'm enjoying it :)

Stranger

Coach
perverse said:
jesus.. lol.

this may sound a little.. i dunno.. careless, but can anyone get some pics? i only recently moved to sydney from newie and this is blowing away.. i somehow feel like i should be seeing this.. lol.

stay safe guys, best luck on keeping your sh*t dry.

also stranger - yep.. moved to chatswood at the end of last year.. must say i'm enjoying it :)
Of course you are enjoying it. Sydney is the sh*t;-)

:lol: Ill come and stalk you one day. Want some candy?

Latest posts