What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ship runs aground on Nobbys

Parki

Bench
about twenty metres from my house this morning in the park..... i have no idea how the trees outside my actual house are still standing

Serc

First Grade
Righto - was looking for the suburb (for some reason Lambton came to mind first when I saw that) but if you want to keep that a secret thats fine :)

roopy

Referee
shipwreck024.jpg

shipwreck027.jpg

roopy

Referee
boats are the only way into creek front houses on Dora Creek when it floods - the road at the back of those houses is under 4 feet of water.

roopy

Referee
A guy asked me to take a picture of his boat 'before it sank'.

It is tied to the wharf in front of the shopping centre at Dora Creek - which is usually 3 or 4 feet out of the water depending on the tide - but is now somewhere under this boat.

The guy said he was from Brisbane - i wonder if anyone warned him?

shipwreck029.jpg

keeney

First Grade
Looked kinda clear out when you were taking those Roopy, is it raining up there atm?

roopy

Referee
keeney said:
Looked kinda clear out when you were taking those Roopy, is it raining up there atm?
it is raining now.
That was about 7 this morning. It was quite dark but not raining.
Having a quality camera helps.

IanG

Coach
I got caught up in the pandimonium last night coming home. Took me nearly 2 hours. I lost count of the number of emergancy vechles I saw. Blue Gum Road and Heaton Park were flooded and the storm drain ther was overflowing.

roopy

Referee
Hard to find an angle of this thing people haven't already seen - and i took along a too powerful lens - i couldn't get far enough back.

shipwreck040.jpg

shipwreck042.jpg

shipwreck044.jpg

Frederick

Staff member
Pff, if you think Roopys pics are impressive, then check this sh*t out:
Image049.jpg

Image051.jpg

Image052.jpg

My work last night was flooded with ONE FOOT of water. This is what we were faced with cleaning up today. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of stock LOST. We were cleaning it up for well over 4 HOURS (minus half an hour for pizza that the boss supplied :D), until we eventually gave up amid reports of more possible flash floods. OH THE HUMANITY!!!

;-)

Latest posts