What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

Country Dragon

Juniors
A good mate of mine who is a mad Penny Panthers supporter reckons Austin and Cleary don't see eye to eye. Cleary picked Tom Humble ahead of Austin against Souffs that may shed some light on that. Good footy player.

I've heard he's ok as well. Maybe worth a look!

Minh

First Grade
Why did you ruin it by saying he could become the next Soward?

He would be great though.

Soward when he came over to Saints injected some life into the number seven that we were missing for a while there. Bennett got the best out of him won a premiership played origin. Soward may be down on form now but let's face it he was a terrific player when he was at his best in 2009/10 and early 2011 until injury struck him.

Bow_rider

Juniors
I would sign Luke Keary and Justin Hunt from souths straight away. They are the standouts in the NSW cup comp and neither will play first grade in front of Reynolds or GI. Half back and full back that play great together

Country Dragon

Juniors
I would sign Luke Keary and Justin Hunt from souths straight away. They are the standouts in the NSW cup comp and neither will play first grade in front of Reynolds or GI. Half back and full back that play great together

Would Souths be prepared to let them go?

Minh

First Grade
Would Souths be prepared to let them go?

Open the cheque book and they might have to ,there is a salary cap and they can't keep them all after upgrading GI's contract and signing Teo, Champion and they would have to massively upgrade Reynold's contract too. If I was the Blues selector I would select Reynolds ahead of Pearce, he has him covered in all departments except for maybe toughness.

TruSaint

Referee
Soward when he came over to Saints injected some life into the number seven that we were missing for a while there. Bennett got the best out of him won a premiership played origin. Soward may be down on form now but let's face it he was a terrific player when he was at his best in 2009/10 and early 2011 until injury struck him.

Well said Minh.
Too many short memories in my opinion.
Bag the kid all you like, but revisit his form on video and see what he was capable of.
I am amazed at the amount of anti Jamie sentiment.
Keep bagging him guys all you like.. he will rpove you wrong.
Go Sowie.

hardbaby

Coach
Well said Minh.
Bag the kid all you like, but revisit his form on video and see what he was capable of.
Go Sowie.

Nobody doubts Soward's skills. They are awesome. We doubt his heart, energy and commitment. Crap before Bennett. Crap after Bennett. The guy played well for one coach. Two good years don't make a career.

He was a vital cog in 2009 and 2010. I'll praise him for those years and one of them won us a comp. But he hasn't been able to produce those skills on a consistent basis because he just doesn't have the mental toughness required at the elite level.

I'll be stoked when he leaves. He has no fire. He has no scales. He is no Dragon.

Lethal25

Juniors
Soward was picked in origin mostly on the strength of his 2010 form, confidence is definitely down since then and you can only go on playing shit for so long.

Question. How many man of the match awards does Soward win? Or even better players player?

Same answer to both I'd say

Minh

First Grade
Nobody doubts Soward's skills. They are awesome. We doubt his heart, energy and commitment. Crap before Bennett. Crap after Bennett. The guy played well for one coach. Two good years don't make a career.

He was a vital cog in 2009 and 2010. I'll praise him for those years and one of them won us a comp. But he hasn't been able to produce those skills on a consistent basis because he just doesn't have the mental toughness required at the elite level.

I'll be stoked when he leaves. He has no fire. He has no scales. He is no Dragon.

You post a lot of good things on here but this time I have to disagree with you here. Clearly Soward is not the player he once was but he hasn't been awful in too many games still tries hard in most of the games I see him play. He doesn't have the luxury of good, fast creative centres outside of him and has played the last two seasons with aging or aged halfbacks.

Minh

First Grade
Well said Minh.
Go Sowie.

Thanks TruSaint, I hope he can find his mojo again.

hardbaby

Coach
Thanks TruSaint, I hope he can find his mojo again.

I assure you Minh, we are all desperate for that to happen. Maybe playing under an experience coach, he would stand a better chance. But ultimately he needs to get his own (mental) backyard in order.

Minh

First Grade
I assure you Minh, we are all desperate for that to happen. Maybe playing under an experience coach, he would stand a better chance. But ultimately he needs to get his own (mental) backyard in order.

There seems to be something not right there ever since he was dropped by Price it could even be the back problems that plagued him who knows. I do believe he tries though and he is one player that can lift us out of the hole we are in. I hope he plays well and we extend his contract.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Soward has been horrible this year, and the reason our centres are ineffective is that they are not getting good ball... I have said it before but I was at Canberra and watched Jamie walk down the blind side and not touch the ball for 3 sets in a row... He had the opportunity to kick a number of forty twentys and he didn't even notice..

He was a great player in 09 10 and even saw some heart last year but IMHO he is now washed up...

CarssDragon

Juniors
There seems to be something not right there ever since he was dropped by Price it could even be the back problems that plagued him who knows. I do believe he tries though and he is one player that can lift us out of the hole we are in. I hope he plays well and we extend his contract.

His back problems are pretty evident. Reminds me of my old arthritic labrador the way he moves. Would explain a lot about his game lately, especially why he's not keen on running at the line.

Old_Timer

Juniors
You are all missing the obvious. Jamie and Price are at loggerheads. They despise one another with a passion. Just look at the body language between them. Price gives Jamie instructions. Jamie thinks this bloke has just rocked in from fantasyland. Whereas with Bennet he had almost a Father/Son relationship. Jamie has no respect for Price whatsoever, just contempt. But his motivation may lay elsewhere, should the offers not come flooding in.

Twenty10

Juniors
You are all missing the obvious. Jamie and Price are at loggerheads. They despise one another with a passion. Just look at the body language between them. Price gives Jamie instructions. Jamie thinks this bloke has just rocked in from fantasyland. Whereas with Bennet he had almost a Father/Son relationship. Jamie has no respect for Price whatsoever, just contempt. But his motivation may lay elsewhere, should the offers not come flooding in.

This is true. And I think Soward may actually win this battle now. Price has lost support of the board and also the playing group. All over for him.

yeah but old timer as much as i dislike price soward is a professional on good money he should be prepared to play for whoever because he's paid to but lets face it you've got more chance of making the run on side than either of them have being around next year so we must all wait in pain untill then!

nrlnrl

First Grade
This is true. And I think Soward may actually win this battle now. Price has lost support of the board and also the playing group. All over for him.

Sometimes it's good that the Dragons keep everything in house, but these days that only adds to the problem for a struggling team ( as the rumours & speculation build via social media ). The clincher will be if Peter Doust tells the media that Steve Price has the full support of the board

Latest posts