What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: INU to quit NRL

RalthFilthy said:
If he wasn't religious he wouldn't feel the need to go, so while he may not be physically forced he has certainly been mentally trained(brainwashed:D ) through his whole life to accept that he'll be sent away for a couple of years to recruit more paid up members.

Also we are not casting judgement on him(he may be a great guy, I don't know), we are merely offering our opinions on the matter.
IMO, I can't see why they can't put it off for a couple of years like the Muslims and their pilgrimage, they go when they feel like it, they just have to make sure to do it atleast once. So is there a way he can do it at 35 or is it a set rule to do it before 25?

From what I can understand, it is single people (men mostly) between 18 and 25, Retirees Couples for differing terms. Those that complete a mission (RM's) are seen differently in the church and its community.

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Not every man of Every faith can uphold that one. But in the most that is not good form, at least without permission.

:lol:

Good luck in getting that!!

Suity

MRJUCY

Juniors
I don't fully know or understand the ins & outs of his faith but my simplistic view is isn't entertaining & bringing happiness to thousands of people a good thing & wouldn't he be of more use to his faith if he had a level of fame he could use for it's benefit but ultimately it should be up to what he wants to do not you, me, his family or the club wants.
If/when he does go I think it would be a good idea for the club to sign some sort of contract for when he is ready to return to playing but if Parra deal with this properly I think someone of his morals would want to come back to those who looked after him before.
I think it would take a long time to get back to being match fit & I don't think he'd ever be as good as if he stayed you only have to look what 2 years playing in England did to Judas, 2 years away from the game would have a much more dramatic effect.

stuke

Bench
fish eel said:
still, I'd hope we'd sit down with him if he does leave and try and sing him to a 'pre contract' deal for 2010 or whenever he wants to come back....so if he does want to come back to the NRL we've got dibs on him.

i'm all for that....surely we can sign him for $1 over the next few seasons....with the chance of an upgrade in season three.

Hellsy

Immortal
Oh Kris..... I dont understand this but so be it.

Big waste of talent for a few years, but I guess if your life isnt fulfilled without going then U may have 2 go

Fathead

Bench
B-Tron 3000 said:
And that's why religion is a farce.

Anything that encourages people to put something before family and friends has no place in society as far as I'm concerned.

Kris might be a nice kid and maybe if I met him he might change my attitude, because I despise the Mormans. I've never met one who wasn't a weirdo.

Im with you on the belief front but the main thing is to keep the kid happy.
If he shows the sort of application of purpose to religion then that will show in other parts of his life including his football.

If he is of the opinion that his religion, whether its the Mormons or the Orange People is important to him, then he should follow his dreams.

He sounds like a very level headed young man.

MrT

Juniors
B-Tron 3000 said:
And that's why religion is a farce.

Anything that encourages people to put something before family and friends has no place in society as far as I'm concerned.

Kris might be a nice kid and maybe if I met him he might change my attitude, because I despise the Mormans. I've never met one who wasn't a weirdo.

B-Tron, you have no idea.
Who exactly gave you your family?
Where did we all come from?
What makes the world go round?

Kris is who he is because he has God in his life. Anyone who has will know what it's like, as you have a positive direction in life.

God's the creator of Heaven and Earth and I was appalled to read some of the posts on this matter. Sorry, If I sound like I'm preaching but then again a lot of you need it BIG time.

Last thing. Do any of you know about the second coming of Jesus?
YES we will all be judged by him on Judgement day.
One day you'll meet your creator and what will you say? "Oh Why did you make Kris leave Parra" I hope not

Suitman

Post Whore
MrT said:

I'm sure I'll read it in the papers.

He sure hasn't been helping Aaron Baddeley much lately.

Suity

Dav3

Juniors
MrT said:
Who exactly gave you your family?

Kris is who he is because he has God in his life. Anyone who has will know what it's like, as you have a positive direction in life.

God's the creator of Heaven and Earth and I was appalled to read some of the posts on this matter. Sorry, If I sound like I'm preaching but then again a lot of you need it BIG time.

One day you'll meet your creator and what will you say? "Oh Why did you make Kris leave Parra" I hope not

Well said mate

strider

Post Whore
one of my good friends at high school was a mormon - she invited us to some parties with her mormon friends a few times .... pretty cool, fun loving ppl .... i believe she went on a mission after we finished uni

mormons seem to get a bad rap and i don't particularly like when religos try and ram stuff down your throat, but I have never come across a rude mormon - they believe in what they are doing and will try hard, but they remain nice all the time

i am not religious, but if thats what makes ppl feel good in their lives then good on them .... if this is what kris wants then good luck to him - a shame we'll miss him for 2 yrs tho

Stagger eel

Staff member
9 pages later and i still feel the same, as far as i'm concerned he can do what he wants to gain eternal fullfilment in his life...there's more to life than running around with a football in his hands and signing autographs.

Hurriflatch

Referee
MrT said:
Who exactly gave you your family? my parents, their parents and so on
Where did we all come from? monkeys
What makes the world go round? gravity

they are called beliefs the people I hate more then anyone are those who don't allow people to beleive things they don't I don't care if your morman, christian, jewish, hindu but let others beleive whatever the hell they want.

Clarkieel

Juniors
not a morman but I am a christian and there is more to life than footy people!!! and I dont think anyone should be insulting anyone else because of their beliefs. I respect other religions and pray for those who dont have any beliefs

RalthFilthy

Juniors
MrT said:
Who exactly gave you your family??
I was born into my family they weren't given to me.

MrT said:
Evolution.
MrT said:
Gravity, someone else can get more technical for you.

MrT said:
That's all well and good, but the rest of us don't need this god fellow to have a positive direction in life.

MrT said:
God's the creator of Heaven and Earth and I was appalled to read some of the posts on this matter.
:roll: and he only built it 6000 years ago, oh that's right it depends on which religion as to how long ago it was built.

MrT said:
Sorry, If I sound like I'm preaching but then again a lot of you need it BIG time.
Why do you feel the need to preach? we respect his decision and are in no way telling him to give up on his beliefs. Unlike you, pushing your addiction and trying to change the belief of others.

MrT said:
Is that a new reality tv show?

MrT said:
One day you'll meet your creator and what will you say?
G'day Mum and Dad how are ya?

Eelectrica

Referee
I hope his manager gets in his ear and explains that a league career in the grand scheme of things is actually quite short. Players these days retire around the 30-33 year mark. He's got the rest of his life to spread the word or whatever it is they do on these missions.

Also those two years off could potentially cost him a million plus dollars.
Put it to him like that and see what happens.

Latest posts