What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snapshot at memberships to date

TruSaint

Referee
I cannot fathom how the Chooks have " stalled" with only 9,084.
reigning premiers ffs.
And a team that could well go back to back.

cleary89

Coach
Given the Coach ,The CEO and current board plus the last few years results and especially the very cynical treatment Kogarah has been given. Dousties goal of 20k is another one of his fantasies imo.I frankly wonder if we will reach 10k

Seriously is anyone shocked by this, last team to release memberships, home games given away, rather complicated package options, very basic membership pack for the money, terrible 2013 season, dice Price campaign, Oust Doust reborn. I'd be surprised if we hit 10000 so that would be 50% drop on this years membership. Fans peeved off with a Board completely out of touch with fan feelings, but champions at cliched half marketing half truths....

Less than a month later and like 2 months before season starts :lol: :lol:

Chances are doust will lose 6-8k members from last yr way it's going

Happy new year to all tragics. Missed this forum for personal reasons but to all who sent me well wishes... onya.

FYI, i have also renewed, but lets get serious if anyone thinks this this is going well.
Ronnie Dobbs made a good point.

The excuses where... we started late, etc.
Here are the numbers as we speak.

Spooners 10,561
Rabbit stew 21,163
Red Rooster 8,184
Dogs 10,475
Sharks 7,123

If we are happy with circa 6k, in Jan then we have issues.
I reiterate, this is not a slug to those whom have renewed, as I would be a hypocrite.

Its a telling stat that one of the most admired, recognised clubs in OZ sport, is NOT even
half way in membership to Parra.

Im looking forward to 2014, like all of us, but we cant hide behind fiction.

Go well all of you. May 2014 bring us many Duge moments lol.

A few days later :lol: :lol: :lol:

cleary89

Coach
I cannot fathom how the Chooks have " stalled" with only 9,084.
reigning premiers ffs.
And a team that could well go back to back.

Based on your other posts on here it's pretty easy to see why you can't fathom it. Up 100% on where they were last year but I guess that's bad according to you :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrissyRedV

Bench
10k clicked over today. Just over 1 month since they went on sale with just under 2 months till season start

bottle

Coach
10k clicked over today. Just over 1 month since they went on sale with just under 2 months till season start

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Dragons-Announce-10000-Red-V-Members/89206

Excerpt from tha announcement.

The St George Illawarra Dragons wish to acknowledge and thank all Dragons fans who have signed up to help the Club reach 10,000 Red V Members on Friday!

The significant milestone comes after just six weeks of being in the market (eight weeks later than 2013) due to the late finalisation of home venues for the 2014 season.

"A big thanks to 10,000 Dragons fans who have signed up or renewed their Membership to be a part of our Club in 2014," said Dragons Ambassador Shaun Timmins.

"We just had our 10,000th Member who came into the Wollongong office and sign up with us, which is excellent.

"The Red V Members are extremely important to the club and we appreciate the support we get from our loyal supporters.

"We know that we have the biggest and most passionate supporter base and it is great to see them signing up to join the march.

"We're looking forward to seeing all our Red V Members and fans at the games for what should be a great year.

"I know for the players there is nothing better than playing in front of a big red and white crowd and I am pretty excited myself to see the new squad go around this season.

?The Club has made some great signings and the younger guys will be better for the experience they gained last season.

"10,000 is a big number but we want to keep building and catch some of the other NRL Clubs who all had a head start on us for this year.

?I've had a look at some of the membership numbers of the other Clubs and can see that we have already passed the Roosters, Tigers, Cowboys, Titans, Panthers and the Sharks.

?The Dogs, Eels and Broncos will be our next target, so come on you Dragons fans keep signing up with us.

Slackboy72

Coach
10k ain't bad considering the last two years we've had. Just got a call from Stockwell this afternoon. Wished him luck for the coming season.

cleary89

Coach
With membership growth across the NRL and more of a membership culture these days, we were always going to go close to 20k again. It's a shame we had our success when we did in terms of memberships, other wise we could be like souths now. I don't think they are the most supported team in the NRL, just they got heaps of members on board when they were shit, retained them all and got heaps more in with their success.

Most people knew we would have about 10k by the time renewals came along, and probably 12k or so once the auto renews kick in. Hopefully with an increased marketing campaign by the NRL we can get back to the 20k we had in 2011 and maybe even a couple thousand more.

Just funny that people predicted 10k or so without any knowledge of previous years history when you get a few k on the days before cut off and we have already hit that 2 months before a ball is kicked.

TruSaint

Referee
With membership growth across the NRL and more of a membership culture these days, we were always going to go close to 20k again. It's a shame we had our success when we did in terms of memberships, other wise we could be like souths now. I don't think they are the most supported team in the NRL, just they got heaps of members on board when they were shit, retained them all and got heaps more in with their success.

Most people knew we would have about 10k by the time renewals came along, and probably 12k or so once the auto renews kick in. Hopefully with an increased marketing campaign by the NRL we can get back to the 20k we had in 2011 and maybe even a couple thousand more.

Just funny that people predicted 10k or so without any knowledge of previous years history when you get a few k on the days before cut off and we have already hit that 2 months before a ball is kicked.

The thread was opened as a snapshot...
We all have the right to voice an opinion, make a prediction and be proven right or wrong. Easy to sit back and mock those remarks weeks later. I can also predict the next lotto results... when i see them in the paper next morning:roll:

Minh

First Grade
10k so far is not bad, but to think of the players we've recruited over the 2013 season heading into 2014 is it really crash hot time will tell. As TruSaint said we all have opinions and it makes these forums interesting after all.

cleary89

Coach
The thread was opened as a snapshot...
We all have the right to voice an opinion, make a prediction and be proven right or wrong. Easy to sit back and mock those remarks weeks later. I can also predict the next lotto results... when i see them in the paper next morning:roll:

Haha and your opinion was very wrong :lol::lol::lol:

The thread was opened for people who want us to get hardly any memberships to justify their whinging. Unlucky mate. Better luck next time.

cleary89

Coach
10k so far is not bad, but to think of the players we've recruited over the 2013 season heading into 2014 is it really crash hot time will tell. As TruSaint said we all have opinions and it makes these forums interesting after all.

It's been open 5 weeks or so lol. 2 months left till a ball is kicked. Haven't even had the auto renewals.

TruSaint

Referee
Haha and your opinion was very wrong :lol::lol::lol:

The thread was opened for people who want us to get hardly any memberships to justify their whinging. Unlucky mate. Better luck next time.

You obviously havent read any of my posts mate. Or you have twisted them to suit your own opinion of me. Anyway good to see you enjoying yourself.

Ohh, and my opinion was " very wrong"?

1. Time will tell if we get to 20k which is what this club should be at.
2. Happy if we do.
3. Let me go back through your posts and see if you were ever wrong?

Nah bugger it. Waste of time.
Have a great day mate. :sarcasm:

Minh

First Grade
It's been open 5 weeks or so lol. 2 months left till a ball is kicked. Haven't even had the auto renewals.

As much as I would like to have the clubs management accountable for any loss of membership hence dollars, accountable for a few questionable decisions recently, I can't wish that because the club itself would be affected by this. I think most late renewals are doing it for the love of the club but are fed up with certain decisions. Again this is only my opinion, I'm no rocket scientist or numbers cruncher.

As much as I would like to have the clubs management accountable for any loss of membership hence dollars, accountable for a few questionable decisions recently, I can't wish that because the club itself would be affected by this. I think most late renewals are doing it for the love of the club but are fed up with certain decisions. Again this is only my opinion, I'm no rocket scientist or numbers cruncher.

...and that's really the bigger issue. Accountability. Management may have dodged a bullet based on renewals so far, tho on that point my measure will be at kick off in Rnd 1. Up until then, it is mostly Management - sales and marketing lead up. After that, renewals are based mostly on player's success on the field.

Notwithstanding, the loss of home games, setting a course to potentially become a nomadic side, is a big gamble with member's and supporters interests and loyalty.

Time will tell if it is a courageous decision, or a really stupid one.

I have my thoughts, but there is a keeness of some to shout down others as "negative nellies", just because they dared to debate the issues.

As if whinging for the sake of it really is their main agenda. Puhlease.

It's a forum.

cleary89

Coach
:lol::lol:

In 2011 when we had 20k memberships at this point in time we had 13k. I'm sure those other 7k were unhappy with the club and fed up with decisions (like winning the comp) but renewed at the end anyway. (And for the record, memberships went on sale in September in 2010, not december like this season)

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
:lol::lol:

In 2011 when we had 20k memberships at this point in time we had 13k. I'm sure those other 7k were unhappy with the club and fed up with decisions (like winning the comp) but renewed at the end anyway. (And for the record, memberships went on sale in September in 2010, not december like this season)

The difference is we haven't won a comp and came second last by default with some inept coaching. If you are satisfied with our performances over the last two years then good onya, but I think this club is better than that.:)

cleary89

Coach
haha what the hell are you talking about? memberships always rise until kick off even after you win a comp.