What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths please sign james roberts

Rabbits20

Immortal
I doubt GI will be leaving alien, just Gus stirring the pot!
Fingers crossed!!!
Gi is 28. If he goes for as long as most top line fullbacks he'll retire at about the age of 32-33. That means he's got at least 4-5 years left. We should be trying to keep him for as long as possible, if the plan is to keep him at Souths until he retired (and that is priority 1, priority over sam burgess, priority over maguire), ;then it's way to early to think about his replacement.
Agree. Anyone thinking its best Souths choose for GI to leave are absolutely crazy and have no idea.
Let's be honest no GI no Sam no George no Reynolds equals no premiership

You nailed it:cool:

Big Man will GI stay for 17?..
Any info on this would be greatly appreciated
If JR comes and GI stays we will be super competitive don't you agree?

Woofy7

Juniors
because GI at best has 5 years of league left in the game he needs to make decisions that will allow him to maximise his earnings. In order to do that he has two main options, take a big cash deal overseas after 2017 which would impact his chances of being considered a possible immortal down the track, or stay with Souths which has an excellent ability to provide exceptional third party deals and a career path after footy within the community. Now I don't see the media being an option for him in the future as he simply doesn't present well.

Woofy what if his mrs wants to move up to Brisbane to be close to family to help raise the kids whileGI is off with his league commitments that's also an option ?... Happy wife happy life

Woofy7

Juniors
Woofy what if his mrs wants to move up to Brisbane to be close to family to help raise the kids whileGI is off with his league commitments that's also an option ?... Happy wife happy life

Personally my wife is more happier when she swiped the card freely lol.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
im going out on a limb my mate's not answering his cp,i reckon james roberts to sign very very shortly if not already a done deal

getsmarty

Immortal
Can I ask how this is possible when you only just managed to fit S.Burgess in after releasing McQueen? Surely more players need to go if your claim about Roberts coming is correct. Honest question.

alien

Referee
Can I ask how this is possible when you only just managed to fit S.Burgess in after releasing McQueen? Surely more players need to go if your claim about Roberts coming is correct. Honest question.

sam might only be using 500k of the cap and the rest from third parties. letting go of mcqueen might have been so roberts can be fit in

getsmarty

Immortal
sam might only be using 500k of the cap and the rest from third parties. letting go of mcqueen might have been so roberts can be fit in

Fair enough, but aren't the press reporting that McQueen had to go before Burgess's contract could be registered with the NRL ?. Its reported that Roberts is seeking a major upgrade in contract (500K ) so that still doesn't add up?

Pommy

Coach
Fair enough, but aren't the press reporting that McQueen had to go before Burgess's contract could be registered with the NRL ?. Its reported that Roberts is seeking a major upgrade in contract (500K ) so that still doesn't add up?

Well first things first is to remember that the media could be talking shite. Other reports say we could fit sam in after letting Walker go and the hold up registering him is the NRL checking the ins and outs of the TPAs.
McQueen being released and a bit of a back ended deal could be being used to bring Roberts in.

Dont listen to all the truth telling nonsense on here. The truth is nobody has a clue whats going on and its all just assumptions and hear say thats the truth seen and told (i feel dirty for using such gay terms)

Latest posts