What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths please sign james roberts

Pommy

Coach
Interesting how 4 clubs linked to James Roberts but Souths is the only club that released a player this week. Hopefully we get good news tomorrow.

Without knowing SAMs situation it's hard to know what to read in to that

southsport

First Grade
Dragons have offered Roberts 1.6 Million over 3 years
Been told we can match that or get close to it
And we are still the favs to sign Jimmy the Jet
Decision to be made by tonight or tomorrow, But Its looking good for us
We will all know very soon

I believe the broncos are out of the bidding?

alien

Referee
it might come down to how quickly souths can come to an agreement with wt on releasing grant, and how much of the contract souths will have to pay

Woofy7

Juniors
it might come down to how quickly souths can come to an agreement with wt on releasing grant, and how much of the contract souths will have to pay

Gut feeling we don't need to release anyone. I too believe that Souths contract with Sam needed tweaking in third party deals not the actual cap price. I also think walker and McQueen freed up enough cash for Roberts.

alien

Referee
Gut feeling we don't need to release anyone. I too believe that Souths contract with Sam needed tweaking in third party deals not the actual cap price. I also think walker and McQueen freed up enough cash for Roberts.

i hope that is true

Pommy

Coach
If we had say 300k left in the cap the money were not paying Walker an McQueen next year could be used to back end him this years for a deal around the figure being quoted. Although that would still leave a shortfall that needs to be made up next season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dragons have offered Roberts 1.6 Million over 3 years
Been told we can match that or get close to it
And we are still the favs to sign Jimmy the Jet
Decision to be made by tonight or tomorrow, But Its looking good for us
We will all know very soon

I hope so mate.

Not getting my hopes up in case we are disappointed. He could choose St George.

If Roberts does come to Souths I reckon rumours of GI leaving will only get stronger.

If Roberts signs we will probably have to release Grant.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Fingers crossed.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we had say 300k left in the cap the money were not paying Walker an McQueen next year could be used to back end him this years for a deal around the figure being quoted. Although that would still leave a shortfall that needs to be made up next season.

Yeah a back ended deal is definitely a possibility.

I hope so mate.

Not getting my hopes up in case we are disappointed. He could choose St George.

If Roberts does come to Souths I reckon rumours of GI leaving will only get stronger.

If Roberts signs we will probably have to release Grant.

I reckon the signing of Lafai has put paid to that.

Wouldn't trust Bennett on anything like that
Who was on here yesterday saying Broncos have pulled out going for JR??
And saying it's us or St Merge ,come on own up whoever you are

alien

Referee
Broncos prepare to step up pursuit of roberts
foxsports.com.au – december 14, 2015

Wayne Bennett has upped the ante to secure James Roberts with the Broncos to table a formal offer to bring “The Jet” to Red Hill.

Brisbane is jostling with South Sydney and St George-Illawarra for the signature of the former Titans flyer who left the Gold Coast following a contract debacle.

Roberts’ camp has held discussions with the Broncos, who view the 22-year-old speedster as a potential replacement for retired centre Justin Hodges.

A sticking point of the negotiations will be Brisbane’s salary cap position with the Broncos unwilling to offer the $500,000-a-year Roberts could secure at a rival club.

nospam9/nrl/broncos-prepare-to-step-up-pursuit-of-roberts-19985/#TRyOL8JQ7J2vlzEa.97

alien

Referee
so it sounds like broncos can not offer roberts as much money as souths or st merge..

Latest posts