What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Rogers.

Thanks for the great football memories Steve Rogers.
Taken far too soon.
I am sure you will be looking down from heaven when the Sharks finally win the comp.

choc_soldier

Coach
This is a massive loss for Cronulla, and for rugby league in general. I'm in the generation that never saw him play, but I have read enough about his deeds to know how good he really was.

RIP Steve.

LESStar58

Referee
I just heard on another site.....I'm lost for words.

Condolonces to the Rogers family and the Cronulla RLFC.

coolumsharkie

Referee
holy sh*t this is very sad!!

What a shock...

R.I.P Sludge and condolences to the Rogers family, your legend will live on in my childhood memories as a RL genius.

A very sad day for all Sharks supporters and RL followers everywhere.

I just can't believe it.

metalshark

Juniors
RIP Steve Rogers. Very sad day for family, friends, sharks supporters and players and rugby league in general. Our premiership will be for you sludge!

Sharkie™

Juniors
i feel really bad about this mainly because i never got to see the great man play, i will try and track down some footage, try and download some or try and get some from the video store.

W.Smith

Juniors
Sad news for all lovers of rugby league,i remember watching Sludge as a kid when he first came in and when he came to Saints i watched his first game in the Red and White in a trial at Belmore and loved having him to cheer as a Dragon even though im not a Cronulla fan i always loved watching Rogers play he will be sadly missed by all.

The word Legend is thrown around willy nilly these days but Steve Rogers IS a real legend of our game .

Best Centre EVER imo

R.I.P.Steve Rogers

husky65

Juniors
R.I.P Steve Rogers and condolences to the family, friends and Sharks community.

A truely great man passed on today.

sharks4ever

Juniors
R.I.P steve

A Tragic day for all sharks fans to loose possibly the best player ever to pull on the sharks jersey

condolences to the family and friends

samshark

Juniors
RIP Sludge, A great player, The Prince of centres, A legend, The reason I became a sharks fan.

And as CEO, his dedication and passion for the club could never be questioned.
One thing, I will remember is that he always took the time to reply to emails and calls from us Nevilles when he didnt have to. A mark of the man I say.

He will be missed.

lolesi

First Grade
RIP Sludge, terrible news, i was in shock when i heard it and still can not believe it.

RIP

eel_man70

Juniors
As an Eels supporter, i have to say it has given me a great deal of sadness in hearing of Steve Roger's passing. An inspiration to not only the Sharks but to league and its supporters also.
I'm so sorry to hear of his passing and hope Matt and his family are well supported in their time of sorrow.
R.I.P Mr Rogers...

Was thinking Steve might have a word to the big guy, maybe this could be our year?

Rest In Peace Steve, you will always be a club legend and remembered as one of the greats.

Frenzy.

Immortal
cry_3.gif
cry_3.gif

sharknows

Bench
I still often talk of the 73 grand final and the battle between Sludge & Fulton. Sludge was only 18 (or 19) on that day whilst Fulton was a seasoned international and I and many many others learnt then what a great and gutsy player he was. Thanks for the memories Sludge .......

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
My mum, not usually given to outbursts of emotion, would be down at Shark Park in the 70s screaming "Steve Rogers is God" to anyone who would listen. Like all mothers, she was right.

And if the ref was ever a millesecond too slow penalising some opposition indiscretion agains our Great One, she'd be over the fence remonstrating before you could say "crowd control"

Vale Steve Rogers, the greatest Shark ever and one of the greatest ever players of our game. Would love to see 17 mongrels on the park in every game this year playing for the glory of his memory.