What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong rumour.. BMoz, gone

GaryW

Juniors
Yeah, he definitely showed in his last few games of the season that he just doesnt want to be here, clearly his head is not in the...wait, hold on...

Come on Benny get back in the zone.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
It could all be as simple as this. Morris wants to stay but his manager keeps telling him he is worth more dollars pointing our that Dugan, Widdop and Marshall were signed on bigger money.

So all that really needs to happen is to get rid of Beale, Stanley, Farrel and the rest of the dead wood. Then grant Morris a pay rise, promote Runcian and Mata Utai and buy a couple of props.

If the Dogs can afford to give him a pay increase then so should we.

bottle

Coach
I propose we put to the Board that possm be made salary cap and recruitment manager. They seem to have difficulty with it at the club, but poss makes it sound so easy. He's all over it.

poss for boss!

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I propose we put to the Board that possm be made salary cap and recruitment manager. They seem to have difficulty with it at the club, but poss makes it sound so easy. He's all over it.

poss for boss!

Seconded. All those in favour ?
:D

On a serious note, he's spot on with his assessment. Love your work Possm.

smi962

First Grade
Sorry mate, Morris is far from a "good quality winger". He's the worlds best winger and of of the worlds best outside backs. Morris leaving would tear the heart and soul of the club apart.

We should be offloading farrel, Beale, green, Harrison, Stanley....

Plenty of others

I agree to a point as long as Morris isn't after the salary of Johnathon Thurston or Cameron Smith.

dragonreddy

Juniors
]Utter tosh!!!! [/B]
If a player wants to go let him go, free the money up to pay and attract good quality middle men that will lay a solid platform for our quality spine. Yes he is a good quality winger but we can get other quality wingers for less. The problem with long serving players is they expect regular upgrades and there is just not enough under the cap.

You give yourself up as an englishman with your remark, ARE you Widdop's old man ?

You are very defensive of any remarks made about him during the year.

We aren't sure that Bmoz WANTS to go ,he may be getting squeezed out for the sake of money and if thats the case, I believe thats he is entitled to a higher amount he is a game breaker, and a long serving one at that.

possm

Coach
I think Morris will rack up 10 years at the one Club in May 2016. Surely it would be mad to let him go considering his current value to our team and the salary cap discount the Club will receive for him from May 2016 on. He should be retained because:

He is one of the best players in the game today.
He has been a one man one Club Dragon.
He has a few years left at the top level.
He will attract a cap discount from May 2016 on.

A back ended extension maight be the way to go.

Last edited:
I know someone that knows BMoz very well...he loves the area and doesn't want to leave. I can guarantee you that. He is a loyal guy and the thought of leaving is one he'd only consider if it was forced on him

I think Morris will rack up 10 years at the one Club in May 2016. Surely it would be mad to let him go considering is current value to our team and the salary cap discount the Club will receive for him from May 2016 on. He should be retained because:

sorry possm cant agree with you on one point back ended deals always bite the club on the arse when the player is washed up and the club is trying to recruit someone to replace them!

love my saints

Juniors
I think Morris will rack up 10 years at the one Club in May 2016. Surely it would be mad to let him go considering his current value to our team and the salary cap discount the Club will receive for him from May 2016 on. He should be retained because:

Hey possum... what discounts does the club get on a 10 year player? Any idea?? Iv heard various figures but all differ.
Anyone got any idea???

possm

Coach
Hey possum... what discounts does the club get on a 10 year player? Any idea?? Iv heard various figures but all differ.
Anyone got any idea???

NRL PAYMENTS FOR THE TOP 25

$5.5 million - Basic payments for the Top 25 players including Sponsor Servicing Allowance ($5.3m) which is automatically given to all clubs to compensate players for club sponsorship activities including appearances and endorsements.
Long Serving Player Allowance ($200K) for eligible players who have played eight continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup.

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

The period of eligibility was recently reduced from 10 to 8 years. Click on the above link for more information on the NRL Salary Cap. I found it very informative.

As I understand this rule, each year for which we have Morris, Creagh, and NIghtingale contraceded the Club receives an extra 200k for each of these players. So for example if the Dogs offer Morris 600k per season, it would only cost the Dragons 400k to match that offer.

It makes you wonder why the Dragons recently let go good long serving players lsuch as Bailey and Soward who went on to show they still had plenty of good games ahead of them. More importantly, why wouldn't the Dragons be extending Morris's contract as a matter of urgency in an effort to kill all this speculation about his future at the Dragons? Surely everyone concerned can see that such speculation is not good for the Club.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
NRL PAYMENTS FOR THE TOP 25

$5.5 million - Basic payments for the Top 25 players including Sponsor Servicing Allowance ($5.3m) which is automatically given to all clubs to compensate players for club sponsorship activities including appearances and endorsements.
Long Serving Player Allowance ($200K) for eligible players who have played eight continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup.

http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

The period of eligibility was recently reduced from 10 to 8 years. Click on the above link for more information on the NRL Salary Cap. I found it very informative.

As I understand this rule, each year for which we have Morris, Creagh, and NIghtingale contraceded the Club receives an extra 200k for each of these players. So for example if the Dogs offer Morris 600k per season, it would only cost the Dragons 400k to match that offer.

It makes you wonder why the Dragons recently let go good long serving players lsuch as Bailey and Soward who went on to show they still had plenty of good games ahead of them. More importantly, why wouldn't the Dragons be extending Morris's contract as a matter of urgency in an effort to kill all this speculation about his future at the Dragons? Surely everyone concerned can see that such speculation is not good for the Club.

The allowance is a maximum of $250K PER CLUB in 2015, and $300K PER CLUB in 2016.

It now applies to players serving 6 years.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-announces-salary-cap-changes/tabid/10874/newsid/78232/default.aspx

Btw possm, Bailey left the club at the end of 2006, 8 years ago. Not really recent.

Twenty10

Juniors
Mary doesn't want wingers on massive money. At least that's what I have been told. Our cap is a joke and he needs to be firm. However I just can't believe anyone at the club would consider allow Brett Morris to potentially walk away from the Red V.

love my saints

Juniors
Mary doesn't want wingers on massive money. At least that's what I have been told. Our cap is a joke and he needs to be firm. However I just can't believe anyone at the club would consider allow Brett Morris to potentially walk away from the Red V.

i dont think anyone is allowing brett to walk away.
By all reports, by his manager also, the club is trying to extend his contract. If B.Moz does leave, i highly doubt it will be because the club didnt do everything to try and keep him.
Besides, i just cant see B.Moz leaving, i think its just a beat up, another name to make a story, beale, hayne, stewart, hoffman etc etc all linked to the dogs and none eventuated.
I cant see it happening, i see B.Moz being a one club legend

Puff2010

Juniors
Like everyone else, I would be gutted if BMoz left. We all want our best players to be one club legends.
Lets not jump at shadows and rumours. Let Mary do his job and lets see what comes out of it.
At the end of the day, Mary wants a strong committed squad that gives him the best chance of success. And that's what we want

The Chef

Juniors
Bmoz at 28 is no spring chicken. And if he wants to win another premiership (which NRL player doesn't?) he knows it won't be with the Dragons-there's not enough time to sort out the rabble with the coaching and old boys club mentality. Hope I am proven wrong but I doubt it. Price, now Mary, same old sheesh. Players want to play in a winning team, loyalty can only do so much.

Latest posts