What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu to Union

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gaterooze said:
That instantly makes him the best player in Aus Union :lol:

How much did they pay?

4 year deal... geeze they're desperate. He's already waaaay past his best after so many injuries...

he's only 26

gregstar

Referee
........when asked as to why he had chosen to switch to union, tahu responded that he was tired of searching for challenges for his career.

he said that union represented an opportunity to chill out & see how the other half lives. tahu said that he hoped to be fatter, slower, stupider & gayer within 12 months & saw this as his chance.

union officials have celebrated the signing by re-inacting the mardi-gras & launching a book entitled "the greatest wallabies ever" and have included tahu at number 3 behind lotta takearing & clinton pissoffski.

it is believed that tahu will be given a thorough debriefing at season's end by a man holding fairy floss in one hand & himself in the other.

The Colonel

Immortal
gregstar said:
........when asked as to why he had chosen to switch to union, tahu responded that he was tired of searching for challenges for his career.

he said that union represented an opportunity to chill out & see how the other half lives. tahu said that he hoped to be fatter, slower, stupider & gayer within 12 months & saw this as his chance.

union officials have celebrated the signing by re-inacting the mardi-gras & launching a book entitled "the greatest wallabies ever" and have included tahu at number 3 behind lotta takearing & clinton pissoffski.

it is believed that tahu will be given a thorough debriefing at season's end by a man holding fairy floss in one hand & himself in the other.

:lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
gregstar said:
the eels deserved the same support as the dragons & knights got.

Fair call, but tbh Tahu's not good enough for that sort of money. I'd prefer it go on someone who deserves the big bucks. He's not one of them.

scottyeel

Bench
gregstar said:

:clap: :lol:

Brutus

Referee
I've jusy heard on the radio that union are close to signing Don Tweedle and Ben Czislowski.

When will these raids stop?

innsaneink

Referee
Tahu pours cold water on code switch
February 20, 2007 - 7:19PM

Parramatta centre Timana Tahu said the thought of touching the ball "two times a game" was enough to turn him off a switch to rugby union.
Tahu, currently between managers and off contract at the end of the season, said staying with the Eels would be his priority when he sat down to begin negotiations on a new deal.
There had been rumours that the Test and NSW Origin three-quarter would be a target for the cashed-up Australian Rugby Union, but Tahu said he wouldn't even consider a switch of codes as a last resort.
"I don't know if I'd (even) talk to rugby," Tahu said...........................(cont.)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Tahu-pours-cold-water-on-code-switch/2007/02/20/1171733757598.html

Stranger

Coach
Any Reports on the cash?

I can't hate players for switching because after all the cash is very important to some peoples lives. I hate it when they say one thing and backflip it.

Angry_eel

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Tahu pours cold water on code switch
February 20, 2007 - 7:19PM

Parramatta centre Timana Tahu said the thought of touching the ball "two times a game" was enough to turn him off a switch to rugby union.
Tahu, currently between managers and off contract at the end of the season, said staying with the Eels would be his priority when he sat down to begin negotiations on a new deal.
There had been rumours that the Test and NSW Origin three-quarter would be a target for the cashed-up Australian Rugby Union, but Tahu said he wouldn't even consider a switch of codes as a last resort.
"I don't know if I'd (even) talk to rugby," Tahu said...........................(cont.)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Tahu-pours-cold-water-on-code-switch/2007/02/20/1171733757598.html
ah well we shouldn't have taken that bait then.

Garts

Bench
Good move by the Tahs, they sure need him at the moment. I still dont understand how a professional sportsman, especially a back (Rugby props exluded) can have fat gut like Turinui does!!!! Hopefully he wont get a start next season now.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I'm sick of all this shyte, why isn't the NRL fighting back or News LTD doing something?

The NRL has enough money to blow the ARU out of Australia, GIVE IT BACK TO THEM :x

Take 10 million and go on a massive spending spree signing up any union prick that can walk, it might be a waste, but it might just stop the arseholes doing this.

When RL signed players from Union, it was never ever the NRL-ARL-NSWRL-QLDRL-RFL-FFR13, it was the clubs, and they never ever used these players as mouthpieces against their former code.

If RL doesn't wake up to the fact these bastards are still at war with us after 112 years, they are bigger dickheads than I thought they were in the first place.

They can't get any headlines without using RL, yet News keeps helping them out, let it die NEWS and put your money in where you know it will be wanted, in RL.

Why they are continuing to fund union in the Southern Hemisphere is beyond me, what a waste of money.

At the same time, they do nothing to help the code that sells all the subscriptions for Pay TV, again, let it die, if they can't move forward without NEWS help, it's an even bigger joke than I thought it was.

Kill off the Reds and put a S14 team in :x

So much for taking RL to the world you bunch of merkins.

Mr Saab

Referee
Parra Eels
I know you are angry as you lost Tahu, but the Broncos lost 2 stars 2001/2.
The NRL only look after the "STARS"

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Parra Eels
I know you are angry as you lost Tahu, but the Broncos lost 2 stars 2001/2.
The NRL only look after the "STARS"

I'm not angry about Tahu, I don't rate him, never have, I'm sick of all the poaching everywhere, not just australia.

If the NRL went out on a spending spree, they'd wipe union out in Australia full stop, if it's a war they want, give it too them.

Don't sit back and say, oh well, more where he came from, strike first and strike hard.

Ridders

Coach
can't believe its all happened so quickly. While i don't like it, i at least have to applaud Tahu in that he's taken a quick decision and not prolonged the decision until it became a media circus ala with Tuiquri and Gasnier

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
I would leave too if my halves for the next 2-3 yrs are Finch and Smith.

You're kidding yourself if you think this has anything to do with him leaving. I won't defend our halves but Tahu would be gone if we had Lockyer and Johns at 6 and 7.

Memo to D. Fitzgerald and M. Hagan;

Put him in B Grade for Mounties for the rest of the season. You'll be doing us and him a favour.

We won't have to watch a turncoat play and he'll get used to the quality of Football he'll be playing next year.

Latest posts