What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to play Sharks:

devoid

Juniors
1 GLEN FISIIAHI
2 BILL TUPOU
3 SHAUN BERRIGAN
4 SIMON MANNERING (c)
5 KRISNAN INU
6 FELETI MATEO
7 JAMES MALONEY
8 JACOB LILLYMAN
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 UKUMA TA’AI
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
14 KEVIN LOCKE
15 SAM RAPIRA
16 BEN MATULINO
17 ELIJAH TAYLOR
18 ALEHANA MARA

http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/862/M...Cronulla-clash

Last edited by a moderator:

Scorpio30

Bench
1 GLEN FISIIAHI
2 BILL TUPOU
3 SHAUN BERRIGAN
4 SIMON MANNERING (c)
5 KRISNAN INU
6 FELETI MATEO
7 JAMES MALONEY
8 JACOB LILLYMAN
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 UKUMA TA’AI
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
14 KEVIN LOCKE
15 SAM RAPIRA
16 BEN MATULINO
17 ELIJAH TAYLOR
18 ALEHANA MARA

Seriously?

WOW

devoid

Juniors
Yeah - seriously. I don't think this will be the side to take the field. Can see Locke starting in place of either the Fish, or Tupou.

playdaball

Bench
Just caught the team and quickly noted it. For those who wanted changes look below

1. Fish
2. Toopu
3. Berrigan
4. Mannering
5. Inu
6.Mateo
7.Maloney
8. Lillyman
9. Heremaia
10. Packer
11. Brown
12. Ta'ai
13. Luck
Reserves:
Locke, Rapira, Taylor, Matulino

18th man: Mara

http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/862/M...Cronulla-clash

Last edited by a moderator:

hitman82

Bench
Major line-up changes for Cronulla clash
After starting the season with three consecutive defeats, Vodafone Warriors coach Ivan Cleary has responded by today announcing major line-up changes for the club’s third-round NRL encounter with in-form Cronulla at Owen Delany Park in Taupo on Sunday.

One change was forced following yesterday’s confirmation veteran centre Jerome Ropati would miss the rest of the season after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during last Sunday’s game against St George Illawarra.
On Sunday night, Cleary indicated the make-up of the side was likely to alter for the Taupo trip following losses to Parramatta (18-24), Wests Tigers (12-20) and St George Illawarra (12-25).
As a result, three players have been recalled to the side. Glen Fisiiahi, who was injured in his NRL debut on the wing against Parramatta on March 12, returns to start at fullback while winger Bill Tupou comes into the side for the first time this season as does Ukuma Ta’ai, who will start in the second row. Set to make his NRL debut as Vodafone Warrior No 167 is utility Elijah Taylor, named on the interchange bench after being 18th man last week.
Of the 17 players used against the Dragons, four are out of the side – fullback Lance Hohaia, centre Joel Moon and halfback Brett Seymour plus the injured Ropati.
Apart from the new personnel coming in, there have been a number of positional changes with left wing Krisnan Inu, prop Russell Packer, second rower Lewis Brown, loose forward Micheal Luck and interchange front rower Ben Matulino the only players named in the same roles they started in against the Dragons last Sunday.
Fisiiahi, who played for the Auckland Vulcans last weekend, comes in for Hohaia in the No 1 jersey and Tupou, a 12-game NRL player last year, starts on the right wing with Kevin Locke moving to the bench. There’s a new centres combination of utility Shaun Berrigan and captain Simon Mannering while new recruit Feleti Mateo will start at standoff with James Maloney moving to halfback. Berrigan, the starting hooker against the Dragons, was used in the centres during the trials – he also played there extensively for Australia, Queensland and Brisbane – while Mannering has lined up in the centres on numerous occasions for both the Vodafone Warriors and the Kiwis. Likewise Mateo has a strong background in the No 6 jersey for both Parramatta and Tonga.
In the forwards, Jacob Lillyman is named to start at prop with Aaron Heremaia running on at hooker. Joining Brown and Luck in the back row for his 31st NRL appearance is Tongan international Ta’ai, used 20 times last season.
Joining Locke, Matulino and Taylor on the bench is Kiwi Sam Rapira – a starting prop last week – as well as hooker Alehana Mara, named in the No 18 jersey. He played three times for the Vodafone Warriors last year before having his season ended by injury.
Mannering said the players had expected changes to be made to the side after the loss to the Dragons.
“As players, we’re all disappointed with the way we’ve started this season. We haven’t been performing to the standards we expect of ourselves,” he said.
“With the changes made, it has been made clear to us that everyone has to perform to hold onto their spots. We’ve got depth in our squad and there’s plenty of competition for positions.
“There’s a long way to go this season but those of us who have been given the opportunity against Cronulla this week know we have to come up with a much improved effort.”
The Sharks are in a rich vein of form after shocking the Dragons 16-10 and pounding Penrith 44-12 in their last two outings.
VODAFONE WARRIORS v CRONULLA SHARKS
Owen Delany Park, Taupo
2.00pm, Sunday, April 3
Referees: Gavin Badger and Brett Suttor

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 GLEN FISIIAHI
2 BILL TUPOU
3 SHAUN BERRIGAN
4 SIMON MANNERING (c)
5 KRISNAN INU
6 FELETI MATEO
7 JAMES MALONEY
8 JACOB LILLYMAN
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 UKUMA TA’AI
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
14 KEVIN LOCKE
15 SAM RAPIRA
16 BEN MATULINO
17 ELIJAH TAYLOR
18 ALEHANA MARA
COACH: IVAN CLEARY

http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/862/Major-line-up-changes-for-Cronulla-clash

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Nothing to lose except 2 points to the Sharks..

I know changes needed to be made but that backline has the possibility of going completely tits up. The Fish is a star in the making but is playing his 1st NRL match at No.1, Tupou similarly green, Berrigan a make-shift centre, Mannering offers BA on attack, Inu I dont want to get started on and Mateo/Maloney being a new combo.

Gut says 0-4.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wow, have to give credit to Cleary here, some balls shown.

Not the changes I would have made, but better than staying with what was not working.

Obviously our game plan will involve, bombs, bombs and some more bombs.

Rich102

Staff member
Finally, we get some changes.
I can't see the point of Locke on the bench though.

playdaball

Bench
Lets hope they can turn it around.

New Blood = new attitude

Should be an interesting Vulcans team - I wonder where Lance will play?

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Well at least they now know they are playing for their positions in the team. No more resthome.

Scorpio30

Bench
Wow, have to give credit to Cleary here, some balls shown.

Not the changes I would have made, but better than staying with what was not working.

Obviously our game plan will involve, bombs, bombs and some more bombs.

Taupo is "high altitude" as well...LOL

hitman82

Bench
axe = swung!
This has to be the most drastic shake-up in Cleary's history.

1 GLEN FISIIAHI - that's bl**dy brave!
2 BILL TUPOU - solid replacement winger, should go well
3 SHAUN BERRIGAN - seems logical though I didn't think Moon was abysmal
4 SIMON MANNERING (c) - good.
5 KRISNAN INU
6 FELETI MATEO - I like Mateo in 2nd row but he has performed well and now gets his position of choice. Hope he carves up
7 JAMES MALONEY - we know from last year Maloney can run a team. Seymour needed a rest.
8 JACOB LILLYMAN
9 AARON HEREMAIA
10 RUSSELL PACKER - interesting. I thought Packer was average last week.
11 LEWIS BROWN
12 UKUMA TA’AI - ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF THE KING
13 MICHEAL LUCK - He went ok versus Dragons, I'm cool with this
Interchange:
14 KEVIN LOCKE - WTF, did Cleary mix 14 and 18 up?
15 SAM RAPIRA - Fair enough.
16 BEN MATULINO - I expect he will start and packer drop to bench.
17 ELIJAH TAYLOR - second row interchange??
18 ALEHANA MARA - Should go to bench hooker.

JAG

Juniors
:shock: :shock: :shock: Who says Ivan plays it safe! sh*t, I wasn't expecting this.

Glad to see Ta'ai back in there tho..

I might take the trip down to Taupo after all!

devoid

Juniors
Elijah to debut; hope the kid has a blinder. Ukuma, Tupou, and Mara to possibly get their first game of the year. I'm excited - and curious to see what role Locke would play from the bench, if it isn't a smokescreen.

Scorpio30

Bench
I'm prety sure he played for the kangaroos at centre didn't he?

Except with last weeks team we would have lost them anyway

"Berrigan, the starting hooker against the Dragons, was used in the centres during the trials – he also played there extensively for Australia, Queensland and Brisbane."

Makeshift indeed.

I'm excited about these changes we need to see ppl in their perfered or best position
I think Mannering at centre will guarantee some good D and i find him to better as a centre overall - But ppl dont expect the wins to come straight away, the key here is to see whether we have some spark and more opportunities are created. If we lose I wanna atleast see some improvements (i'll give the new changes 3-4 rounds)

Latest posts