What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowboys

hitro

Juniors
So potentially the entire squad to choose from for the first time. Some interesting decisions to make. Front row, if AFB hasn't moved to Sharks already does he get picked? I guess so, he is the best if he feels like it, and I guess Webster won't want to escalate the situation anymore. Bunty played great, so did Barnett, so did Ale, is Niukore a prop now, and Mai'u'u looks good too. Egan will be ready I guess but he was pretty beat up already before he got knocked out. He is obviously the first pick but needs to be managed carefully. Now we know it's possible to win without him his workload should be reduced. Roache is great and there's also CHT, Lussick is the fourth best of them with a really slow pass and gets run around for tries in every game. Second row there's Ford, Capewell, Barnett, Niukore and Laban to choose from. Capewell hasn't shown much. Lock, I guess Tohu is captain so has to be him but Walker was great at 13. Interchange sizzle there's Walker, Jazz, CHT. Halves, Shaun, Te Maire, CHT, who misses out? Centres, Berry has been good, Pompey is pretty good and is also a good kicker but there's also RTS. Wings is the only easy selection -Zelezniak and Montoya. Fullback CNK, Tuaupiki and RTS, guess that def going to be CNK but fair to say Tuaupiki looked great and is a good kicker.
This weekend's going to be a bit boring with no game but 2 points guaranteed and possibly move up to 10 on the ladder.
The last two games have been the most exciting of the season and really challenge the Plan A.

Rich102

Staff member
With Egan I think it would be a good idea for him to play in a scrum helmet. Absorb a lot of the shock. Could extend his career and maybe preserve his health.

Blair

Coach
Was Addin in the dressing room after last week's win? Or was he sulking with the mrs and/or video calling his manager?

I think I saw him with the team. Look, if he's still up for playing he's first picked. He's been consistently good for us and often outstanding.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Was Addin in the dressing room after last week's win? Or was he sulking with the mrs and/or video calling his manager?

I think I saw him with the team. Look, if he's still up for playing he's first picked. He's been consistently good for us and often outstanding.
At the end of the day he’s allowed one shit game and slap on the wrist. If the rest of the squad were as consistent as he’s been we’d be defending premiers.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
With Egan I think it would be a good idea for him to play in a scrum helmet. Absorb a lot of the shock. Could extend his career and maybe preserve his health.
This is a fallacy - head gear isn't good for preventing concussions. In fact it actually might be worse than not wearing it, based on the misconception that it provides any amount of protection, which may prompt players to go harder into contact and use it as a shield https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/3/1/e000255

If Egan doesn't get his technique sorted, nothing will help him

Anyone see Marcello on Once a Warrior last night?

Came away so impressed with the guy, I know he's not the most electric outside back but the respect and passion he has for our club really shone through. Really hope he has a huge rest of the year.

For real. He really needs to be released.

Incidentally, we aren't at full strength yet. RTS' hammy isn't ready to go until round 17 or so.
Yep.. from the expected starting 13, we still have RTS and Metcalf out don't we.

But if Webby starts all the guys coming back after the bye, that's 7 changes. I cant remember another time a team's had that many changes to its starting 13 in one go. They almost need a bonding session to reintroduce themselves to each other.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Came away so impressed with the guy, I know he's not the most electric outside back but the respect and passion he has for our club really shone through. Really hope he has a huge rest of the year.
Haven’t seen it but that’s why I have a soft spot for Monty, he never gives less than 110%. What he lacks in pace and skill at times he makes up for with mongrel and sheer effort.
plus I don’t think he’s particularly lacking in skill, he’s got good hands and is a competent finisher.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

Yeah he was extremely impressive - passionate, and dare I say it almost bordering on intellectual!?

Also I can't help but admire the fact that he joined during COVID and seemed excited about coming to live in NZ. Even Josh Curran, who moved to NZ before COVID, said in his episode that he wanted to leave NZ last year. Montoya certainly gives the impression of genuinely wanting to be here and he seems to have made an effort to understand the club's history.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah he was extremely impressive - passionate, and dare I say it almost bordering on intellectual!?

Also I can't help but admire the fact that he joined during COVID and seemed excited about coming to live in NZ. Even Josh Curran, who moved to NZ before COVID, said in his episode that he wanted to leave NZ last year. Montoya certainly gives the impression of genuinely wanting to be here and he seems to have made an effort to understand the club's history.
Interesting about Josh wanting to leave. Might have factored into why he was let go.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Interesting about Josh wanting to leave. Might have factored into why he was let go.

Yeah I wasn't sure whether or not to take it at face value tbh. Curran obviously wasn't a favourite of Webster's and maybe he feels better saying "I was really homesick and wanted to leave" rather than "the coach didn't rate me highly enough". Still, a bit weird of him to emphasise that he wanted to leave given how pro-Warriors the show is.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. MGT
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Ford
12. Barnett
13. Harris

14. Lussick
15. Walker
16. Tevaga
17. Niukore

I would reward Graham Taufa with another run. Berry can sit this one out.
If Barnett gets a run in Origin then he swaps with Niukore. Tough on Ale not getting a spot on the bench but probably need to carry a hooker on the bench every week now

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. MGT
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Ford
12. Barnett
13. Harris

14. Lussick
15. Walker
16. Tevaga
17. Niukore

I would reward Graham Taufa with another run. Berry can sit this one out.
If Barnett gets a run in Origin then he swaps with Niukore. Tough on Ale not getting a spot on the bench but probably need to carry a hooker on the bench every week now
Leiataua maybe at centre if he’s available. But yeah I’ll take that.
Yeah I wasn't sure whether or not to take it at face value tbh. Curran obviously wasn't a favourite of Webster's and maybe he feels better saying "I was really homesick and wanted to leave" rather than "the coach didn't rate me highly enough". Still, a bit weird of him to emphasise that he wanted to leave given how pro-Warriors the show is.
Being a proud indigenous bloke he may have also found being away from his culture and people hard too, which would be understandable.

Next game will be one of the most interesting selections all season I reckon.

If Webby opts to bring all 7 starters straight back in, some guys who really stood up over the last fortnight will miss out entirely. Ale as mentioned earlier but also CHT, and if Barnett ends up being available, either Jazz or Bunty could miss out too. Good position to be in obviously but will be very tough on the lads who have to sit out.

nswarrior

Juniors
1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Barry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

14. CHT
15. Walker
16. Tevaga
17. Niukore

hard on Afoa and Ale but bit tricky to fit everyone.
this would mean the Reserves gain Lussick, Laban, Tuapiki, Afoa and Ale

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Barry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. Johnson
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

14. CHT
15. Walker
16. Tevaga
17. Niukore

hard on Afoa and Ale but bit tricky to fit everyone.
this would mean the Reserves gain Lussick, Laban, Tuapiki, Afoa and Ale
Yep, thats how I expect it too, only exception being I think Lussick will get the bench spot with CHT being 18th man.
Very tough on Bunty but Jazz has been immense and a fit-again Niukore is a weapon.