What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Crockett debate

How many weeks for Crockett?

• Total voters

rabbs

Juniors
Definately not worth the send off-I think the second man in caused more damage.No suspension.

Rovelli

Bench
Wasn't that bad tbh.

Phelps was getting into a voluntary tackle position, if he was running Karmichael Hunt style, Crockett would've got him with a damn good hit.

Rovelli

Bench
Hmm, instead of a chest hit, it was a chin hit, because Phelps slid down.

Maybe we could blame the conditions a bit...he slipped as he gathered the ball and turned back.

Ridders

Coach
dunno if i can fully blame hampstead for the send-off; i dunno if he made his judgement by looking at the side-screen or simply by the touch-judge report he got, because in real time, it looked bad.

didn't deserve a send-off and doesn't deserve any weeks

Rovelli

Bench
Not even a swinging-arm either.

Can wingers even go in with a swinging arm? Can they even tackle? j/k

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Should Not Have Been Sent Off.

Should Not Have Been A Penalty.

It Should Have Been Play On And A Warriors Try.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Balmain Bug said:
Should Not Have Been Sent Off.

Should Not Have Been A Penalty.

It Should Have Been Play On And A Warriors Try.

Caps Lock is your friend :)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
PARANoIR said:
He should get nothing, but since Sonny got 2 weeks, I dare say he will as well.
Exactly my point :crazy:

Tom Shines

First Grade
Dodger said:
Caps Lock is your friend :)
chief_of_police.jpg

Nice one, forum cop. :roll:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
He hit the shoulder, Phelps sorta fell into the tackle then the one from behind either Witt or Hohaia probably hit him next and it might have been that impact rather then Crockett's which caught him (Phelps) flush and K.Oed him.

Send off- no.

A penalty and warning and probably put on report were fine enough. If it then went to the panel then fine let them sort it out.

However because player's can get seriously injured in those instances they (officials) need to be cautious BUT for god's sake they should at least get their decisions right before making such rash calls or even listening to the touch judge. In all the time while the trainners and co were assisting Phelps, the replay was up on the screen for that period going through it and the video ref sat in his chair doing s**t all. Even if they stuck with the decision at least make sure they all get a say so the main man (Hampstead) can judge from there rather then listening to one guy.

Now, I wonder when Martin copped a similar one from a Dogs player, but he was okish (not K.Oed) the play kept running? If they wanna say the Crockett one was the bare minimum for these hits sure but at least keep to the standard rather then just sympathise with the K.Oed guy.

***MH***

Bench
MG6G6685.JPG

196333.jpg

ouch.... his neck has bent back 90 degrees after that shot.

for those who said it was a shouder shot are clearly blind.
IMO this shot was much worse than the AJ shot, as AJ was hit from behind and at low elevation.
CP was hit at standing height, facing directly to his opponent. Crockett had all the torso and the legs to tackle and he's chosen to go high with a swinging arm, first contact to the jaw.

CP has been left in a serious concussion with violent vomiting. Luckily he escaped without any serious neck injury.

Everyone that is downplaying the seriousness of this tackle should really ask themselves what they would do if there kid was hit like that?

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
***MH*** said:
MG6G6685.JPG

196333.jpg

ouch.... his neck has bent back 90 degrees after that shot.

for those who said it was a shouder shot are clearly blind.
IMO this shot was much worse than the AJ shot, as AJ was hit from behind and at low elevation.
CP was hit at standing height, facing directly to his opponent. Crockett had all the torso and the legs to tackle and he's chosen to go high with a swinging arm, first contact to the jaw.

CP has been left in a serious concussion with violent vomiting. Luckily he escaped without any serious neck injury.

Everyone that is downplaying the seriousness of this tackle should really ask themselves what they would do if there kid was hit like that?

In the first pic-that is blindsighted by Phelps head. It looks really bad but the angle of his arm dismisses it.
Secondly, yes he definitely looks bent I won't say he doesnt but by that stage he was already done and with Hohaia and Witt right smack in the middle of it does not warrent it was all Crockett's fault either.

Btw, you shouldn't be using copyrighted images without asking

***MH***

Bench
Firstly, I don't understand how anyone can justify a sickening high shot like that on anyplayer.

Secondly, the photos are clearly watermarked and fall within the rights of the Fair Use Policy within the copyright laws.

Latest posts