What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2009

Mr Saab

Referee
Gus makes any show he is on. Sure he is very opinionated and comes across sometimes as "my shyte dont stink" but i watch and listen (TV & radio) to every show he is on.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
If sailor isn't at dragons next year i'd like to see him on the footy show panel

No no no no no.........:crazy::crazy::crazy: Enough of him already.

Talk about OVER exposed!!

Yeah yeah good bloke and great comeback and all but geez i'm sick of the sight of him. He's on everything and he offers JACK.

maccattack

Juniors
I used to really enjoy the show a few years back but I agree its gone down hill. Fatty has had his time.

Ideally I would like to see it hosted by someone other than an ex player or anyone currently involved in the game (vossy etc).

Wouldn't it be great to have someone like Andrew Denton, who knows his footy (but is not a player or commentator), is humorous but also a very good interviewer and host.

Id still like to see fun segments, like taking players skydiving, vox pops and stuff like that - Mario could be the guy who does that stuff - but have the majority of the show about the GAME.

Say 80% game. last weeks wrap up - this weeks preview.
10% off field stuff
10% funny stuff.

I know Denton would probably never do it, but someone like him, who is likable, funny and understands the game.

Mr Saab

Referee
No no no no no.........:crazy::crazy::crazy: Enough of him already.

Talk about OVER exposed!!

Yeah yeah good bloke and great comeback and all but geez i'm sick of the sight of him. He's on everything and he offers JACK.

He offers alot more than Matthew Johns. That hack should be sacked from the Footy Show and any magazine style program.
He can sit on the sidelines as a commentator.....3-4 comments is enough

Simo

First Grade
maccattack said:
Id still like to see fun segments, like taking players skydiving, vox pops and stuff like that - Mario could be the guy who does that stuff - but have the majority of the show about the GAME.

Its gotta be the players (and different players each week) doing the fun stuff as people enjoy seeing them in a different light doing things. THe footy show became 'lets watch fatty, chief and matty' do things - got very old very quick. We want the game, the players not the hosts being the spotlight of the show.

I know Denton would probably never do it, but someone like him, who is likable, funny and understands the game.

That is a very good idea and I think actually Denton could be great (although agree he wouldnt do it)

hutch

First Grade
Disagree, as bad as the show can get, it's important to have an RL presence on TV. I'd rather it than nothing.

agreed, plus we know that nine would probably try and force the afl footy show down our throats if the nrl version wasnt on.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I wouldn't think so either...considering he was knocked out.

In most combat sports if you get knocked out you have a certain time period before you can compete again. its not exactly good for you.

Buckshot

Juniors
I must have been watching a different game.
Price was holding his own against White until Waterhouse took him out from behind .
A... whopping ?????

BTW did anyone else see Creagh push Hodges and then break the backward running speed record when Hodges turned around.

Classic " I'm a tough guy until someones face to face with me ' routine .Cat

Big Time

Juniors
Price was holding his own against White until Waterhouse took him out from behind .
A... whopping ?????

BTW did anyone else see Creagh push Hodges and then break the backward running speed record when Hodges turned around.

Mate, it is clear that Prices lights were out before Waterhouse got there. He was holding his own until White put one on his chin. Even you one-eyed f*ckwits from up north must have seen that.

Creagh wasn't being a tough man. Mate never seen him try and pick a fight in his life. He pushed Hodges off because he was third man into an already completed tackle on a fullback. Who is the cat. Someone should remind him what happened last time he stuck his chin out. Casey Macquire would remember.

How the f*ck did QLD get those last two penalties. Price clearly kneed White in the head as White got up to play the ball, then Hodges insighted the brawl at the end by being third man into a completed tackle. Point score was 12, but should have been 18 considering that last try was disallowed.

Blues won the game and won the fight. QLD might have won the series but I don't think that NSW will make the same selection errors next year. QLD passion?? QLD Passion Pops!!!

johns_reds

First Grade
A... whopping ?????

lol!!! agreed, creagh is the biggest pussy in rugby league! lol!

as for an ass whooping it would have been different if he didn't have to worry about waterhouse coming in cheap

Big Time

Juniors
lol!!! agreed, creagh is the biggest pussy in rugby league! lol!

as for an ass whooping it would have been different if he didn't have to worry about waterhouse coming in cheap

So the reason Price got knocked out because he knew Waterhouse was coming in so he was worried about that, hence White collected him flush. Price punches like a china doll and got smacked. QLD pack was totally dominated last night.

Creagh may not be a fighter, but he is no pussy. He plays week in week out with a chronic ankle injury. He tackles hard. He runs hard. All that without an ounce of sh*t in his game. Webke couldn't fight either. Price obviously can't fight. Are they pussy's. Creagh is tough, not a fighter, but tough.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Price was out before Waterhouse got there. Watch the replay, his eyes start to roll back when White landed the punch on his jaw, he fell backwards into Waterhouse already out cold.
Take your one eyed glasses off.

Latest posts