What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kennedy Dive

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
As for Misty Bee. Perfect example of why we dont need women supporting the game. They dont understand it.

Misty, no disrespect intended, but if you're a woman, you are the ugliest woman Ive ever seen. Even minus your beard :D

QLD were lucky in game 1
And then proceeded to go downhill from there.
The backs were ran over by NSW
The forwards never really dominated after the first 40 of game 1
Lockyer largely went missing
NSW were just better all across the park
And to think, one pass goes differently it could have been 3-0

Still wearing my maroon jersey today at work though.

Oh, and BK still took a dive :D Even HG and Roy thought so ;)

Iafeta

Referee
Its funny, BK wasn't the only one to take a dive.

Anyone else notice Joey's wink and laugh after getting some treatment when the Blues were about to get their third repeat set of six in defence early on?

As far as Ross goes, he's not the first to do it. I recall Michael Crocker doing it to a player at Ericsson Stadium. The Warriors player I'm fairly sure was helped off with concussion, so it didn't appear to be a fake.

Azkatro

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Willow - he took a dive with the scores close at 32-0 as well. Robbed Queensland of potential victory!

????????????????????

Wasn't it 14-0 when it happened? And put them in position for Matt King to score his first try of the game to make it 18-0?

redVgirl

Juniors
Eskimo Sharkie said:
I personally think it is funny to see someone make a post and claim intelligence, then riddle that post with a multitude of spelling errors. Intelligence and literacy do tend to go hand in hand.

lol i thought the same thing!

Paullyboy say what you want about MistyBee but there is no need to insult an entire gender at the same time. i reaaallllyy hope those remarks are supposed to be ironic or something. but i doubt it. you are probably just your everyday garden variety mysgonist.

look ill give men who have actually played the game the respect of understanding the game more than me....but most male footy fans are nothing more than couch commandos. just because you have a dick does not automatically make you a footy genius. rugby league is not exactly full of hard to grasp concepts and it is most definitely not above the comprehension of women. or do you just not like knowledgeable women who play on your level? would you prefer if it we just cheered vacuously on the sideline clad in tiny shorts with our tits pushed up to our chins? :rolleyes:

like it or not, women are a large part of rugby league today. the NRL realised this along time ago, maybe you should catch up?

Iafeta said:

Anyone else notice Joey's wink and laugh after getting some treatment when the Blues were about to get their third repeat set of six in defence early on?

Is it purely a coincidence that the coach of this team is Ricky Stuart...played his football the exact same way.

thuganomics

Coach
Iafeta said:

He had bruising on his knee ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
That was the most blantant dive in the history of league... BK is above that, he shouldnt stoop to that level. He is hard as nails, and he should play that way, what he served up last night was f**king tripe

eagle_eye

Juniors
Crocker went high, even if he didnt hit hard he still intended to go high and was deservedly penalised for it, what BK did only helped him get the penalty which he deserved not only for that incident but for every other tackle he stuck an elbow in a NSW players face.

bluesbreaker

Bench
It's a hard one to say. Didn't look there was much in it, but he was hit flush on the chin. It is incredibly easy to be dazed when you're hit on the chin.

Nevcost

Juniors
Congratulations to NSW, they were the better team we lost fair and square as much as I hate to say it, and the Kennedy diver HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT NEW SOUTH WALES HAVE WON.

However Kennedy's dive is a blight on the game that needs to be stamped out, it doesn't matter even if the score was 600 to Nil it doesn't stop the fact

Clarkieel

Juniors
redVgirl said:
lol i thought the same thing!

Paullyboy say what you want about MistyBee but there is no need to insult an entire gender at the same time. i reaaallllyy hope those remarks are supposed to be ironic or something. but i doubt it. you are probably just your everyday garden variety mysgonist.

look ill give men who have actually played the game the respect of understanding the game more than me....but most male footy fans are nothing more than couch commandos. just because you have a dick does not automatically make you a footy genius. rugby league is not exactly full of hard to grasp concepts and it is most definitely not above the comprehension of women. or do you just not like knowledgeable women who play on your level? would you prefer if it we just cheered vacuously on the sideline clad in tiny shorts with our tits pushed up to our chins? :rolleyes:

like it or not, women are a large part of rugby league today. the NRL realised this along time ago, maybe you should catch up?

Well said RedV girl but u realise with all those big words u used that those people u r talking to won't understand a thing u said!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nevcost said:
However Kennedy's dive is a blight on the game that needs to be stamped out, it doesn't matter even if the score was 600 to Nil it doesn't stop the fact
'Fact'. lol The only problem with that is that it isn't a 'fact' at all. That's the sore loser talking in you I'm afraid.

Very few people seem aware that Kennedy has denied that it was a dive. Matt King says there is no way Ben Kennedy faked it (LU report today - see headlines).

Logic dictates that its a question of opposing points of view.

The only real 'fact' we have here is that Crocker has been placed on report for a high tackle.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
dontmakemeangry said:
no doubt in the world that Kennedy took a dive, which proves even the 'so called' hard men of the game resort to cat tactics.

That's funny, especially considering Michael Crocker is on report for the tackle.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Im not complaining about the result, the performance or any of that. New South Wales won fair and square - no arguments here.

My argument is that kennedy has just cheapened our sport on the grandest stage and shown kids out there its ok to be a sook if it means you get a penalty.

You calling us sooks is the most hypocritical thing Ive read in a long time. We arent complaining, we are abusing your skirt of a backrower called Kennedy.

Best of luck to him from here on out, coz for the rest of his career now I guarantee you every single player in the NRL will look at him differently - as the bloke with no balls. Any aura or fear he ever instilled just went out the window.

Cheapened our sport, yes Michael Crocker is on report for the tackle, a high tackle. Bloke with no balls, say it to his face, Paully.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Willow said:
'Fact'. lol The only problem with that is that it isn't a 'fact' at all. That's the sore loser talking in you I'm afraid.

Very few people seem aware that Kennedy has denied that it was a dive. Matt King says there is no way Ben Kennedy faked it (LU report today - see headlines).

Logic dictates that its a question of opposing points of view.

The only real 'fact' we have here is that Crocker has been placed on report for a high tackle.

Ohh come on Willow, that was flat out obvious... Withers denied he took a dive but that didnt stop every man and his dog from labelling him as such. That BK effort was far far more clear cut then the withers one

Latest posts