What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He must be doing a good job if the best you can do is laugh at his glasses.

Deadset Paul Kent is a lowlife germ...

hellteam

First Grade
Kent should shut the f**k up and go support AFL. Why do rugby league media personalities continually talk sh*t about the game

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: What a load of f**king rubbish.

Trust an Eels supporter agree...
Rubbish, why would it be rubbish. At least he asking a few questions that people want to know. Unlike Webcke who is more worried about what the QLD Origin team will look like next year.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Im with Poor Kent... These pricks copped massive overs and then say ef u im not talkin about it.. I know nothing

Then every ex player defends them...

I just want to see one prick to say "I did it im sorry"....

Danish

Referee
Yeah. What would webke know about signing an NRL contract....

He'd know a fair bit about signing one melbourne storm style...

Actually, wasnt it a channel 9 special to talk about Webcke and Bennett doing all their negotiations on a handshake agreement or some such bullsh*t??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
K*nt sure as hell doesn't represent all fans.

Some questions need to be asked. I agree it's still highly possible the players named knew, but without the evidence we can't unequivocally say so. That's the facts at the moment.

Webcke also made a good point - if they were sat down at their contract meeting and the terms were explained in a way that made them thing they weren't doing anything wrong then they very well may not have known.

If it's possible they knew, it's possible they didn't know. No matter how bitter some might be about the final result of last year, that's life.

Paul Kent, honestly is a stain, the way he carries on every controversy corner like he's doing the game a favour with his demanding, self-serving questioning and rubbish. Piss him off.

hellteam

First Grade
Players often sign a few contracts - people always cite the fact that they must have signed "2-3 contracts" as definite proof that they knew about the rort, but the fact is, the players would almost definitely have been told that all the contracts were valid and were all counted under the cap.

Until there's any evidence that shows anything different, there's no point in bitching and complaining about it.

p.s: Interesting to notice that the majority of people complaining about this are Parra fans....

pantherz9103

First Grade
Paul Kent, honestly is a stain, the way he carries on every controversy corner like he's doing the game a favour with his demanding, self-serving questioning and rubbish. Piss him off.

I almost prefer Danny Wiedler to him, which is saying something.

nqcowboy87

Bench
best don kirk tonight, thaidays pretty funny

im gonna suggest for the next ahn do segment to challenge him to try and smuggle drugs into thailand, thatll make short work of him

Eels Dude

Coach
Players often sign a few contracts - people always cite the fact that they must have signed "2-3 contracts" as definite proof that they knew about the rort, but the fact is, the players would almost definitely have been told that all the contracts were valid and were all counted under the cap.

Until there's any evidence that shows anything different, there's no point in bitching and complaining about it.

p.s: Interesting to notice that the majority of people complaining about this are Parra fans....

Personally as a Parra fan I think every club was robbed equally. The one thing that doesn't sit well with me is the fact that the players refused to speak to Deloittes unless everything was kept confidential. Logically that means two things 1) They refuse because they know they're guilty and don't want to admit it, and 2) They knew they were receiving under the table payments which they've not declared on income tax. If they had nothing to hide they should just speak up and all would be sweet.

Overall it's very suss. When a club says to a player "yeah we can't pay you in cash this month but we'll give you a boat instead" wouldn't you know something's up?

Latest posts