What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Finals Crowd Thread

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Missed this...
Which one is it? The highest or second?
I thought it was pretty clear. Read it.

But your lack of comprehension gives me another opportunity to repeat it. Thank you.

Kogarah has the second highest average attendances in Sydney, second to Homebush.

http://nrl.has.it

Homebush is higher, not by much. But it is supposed to be the premier venue. Do you have a problem with Kogarah being such a successful venue?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It would be sensational as a 25k all seater.
Well you avoided most of my points bobmar28, but I do agree with you that a 25K Jubilee would be tremendous. The thing is, it is possible. There are long term plans. But from what I've read here, you could make Kogarah a 30K stadium and pack it out every week, and there would still be opposition supporters looking to drag it down.

When Kogarah has a drop in attendances, there were wankers laying in the boot.

But when (in 2009) it has more sellout crowds than any other venue, a new breed of wankers line up.

Opposition supporters should just be honest and say they don't want their team to play there.

Ok crowd, would have been nice to crack 30k though.

OK???? LOL

It was an utter disappointment. Embarrassing. On channel 7 they had a much larger crowd to boot.

The contest could never be more even between sydney and brisbane...both home teams playing an out of town team on a weekend in which no other rl games were on in either city...and sydney fumbles with a dismal crowd.

28k. what a joke. IF ANYONE is happy with that then they have problems.

Chook Norris

First Grade
The contest could never be more even between sydney and brisbane...both home teams playing an out of town team on a weekend in which no other rl games were on in either city...and sydney fumbles with a dismal crowd.

28k. what a joke. IF ANYONE is happy with that then they have problems.
yes it was an average crowd, but..
LOL, you do realise that there is an abundance of St George fans in Brisbane?
It'd be lucky if there were even 2,000 Titans fans in Sydney..

fourplay

Juniors
I think what is really killing the crowds at the moment are the ticket prices. A little cheaper and more people and in particular families would go. It doesn't matter how good the product is if the prices are too expensive because people will just watch it for free from home.

Red Bear

Referee
I though the crowd was bigger than that, I was sitting in bay 30, north eastern corner, and both sides and the northern end were very full, and the western top deck pretty full also

user_nat

Coach
yes it was an average crowd, but..
LOL, you do realise that there is an abundance of St George fans in Brisbane?
It'd be lucky if there were even 2,000 Titans fans in Sydney..

Even if there were only 2 St George fans at the game, I would suspect Brisbane could get more than 28k.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Even if there were only 2 St George fans at the game, I would suspect Brisbane could get more than 28k.
You do know there is more than 1 team in Sydney??? I admit i was hoping to get 30k to 35k but Brisbane is a one team, town so you would hope Brisbane could get more than 28k of just Bronco's fans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
shame the neutrals didn't turn up. That is an area our game still lags alot compared to others. We shouldn't have problems selling out any finals game in the supposed heart of the game.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
While we are in this thread, was Timmah at the game tonight? Was it him that we were calling a wanker? It was a few Doggies fans we were calling a wanker, thought it was him.

MsStorm

Bench
I think what is really killing the crowds at the moment are the ticket prices. A little cheaper and more people and in particular families would go. It doesn't matter how good the product is if the prices are too expensive because people will just watch it for free from home.

What prices did they charge tonight?

I do agree with your thoughts on pricing for finals games...should be at a level where people can afford to go. However, prices don't seem to deter afl fans rocking up in big nos for finals.

For next week's prelim in Melb. prices were lowered to try to attract more fans to Etihad because we have the afl gf to contend with and also the Melbourne Show....