What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread

Who would you like to see get the rights providing the price is right?

• Seven

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Nine

Votes: 49 17.6%
  • Ten

Votes: 110 39.6%
  • Rights split between FTA channels

Votes: 147 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Mosters

Juniors
AFL is .it returns a loss every yr.
NRL is MAKING money for CH 9.
Thats because the NRL is currently undervalued

At the rate the networks are (hopefully) going to pay for the NRL, they will be making a loss this time.

Im sick of the future and health of the code suffering to benefit the profits of a media organisation.

Its time we took the cash generated by our code FOR the code and not the broadcaster

Thats because the NRL is currently undervalued

At the rate the networks are (hopefully) going to pay for the NRL, they will be making a loss this time.

Im sick of the future and health of the code suffering to benefit the profits of a media organisation.

Its time we took the cash generated by our code FOR the code and not the broadcaster
Agreed..

Coaster

Bench
Wouldnt this also mean, that if say Channel 10 bought part of the rights to the NRL.
It would be in there best interest to show it nationally, as there costs for the product have already been spent, but if they show it across the board, with even low numbers in other states, then it opens there advertising customers to a larger spread of audience meaning they could potentially charge even more, and have more options (like the ford example)

So unlike the AFL which are shown in every state, and have peaked as far as audience reach. The NRL is basically a untapped giant, rating its socks off in NSW and QLD, and with smart marketing from the broadcasters could be a massive diamond in the rough

gutterfax

First Grade
well well well, look who turned up here.

This should be fun, there's a proper trolling forum here called TFC, I'm sure a few of us remember you from RLfans.
But only you sent me a pm to say hello. Bitter?
I take it this is where you learnt your social skills eh...........you're right. This should be fun if they've made you a
Moderator on here I already feel like einstein.

Quidgybo

Bench
I would hope...

That if the NRL ends up allowing Fox to show all eight or nine games live with some simulcast with FTA, and if a dedicated channel is created like under the AFL's deal...

The NRL would retain the right to brand the channel (ie. no "Foxtel NRL" or "Fox Rugby League"), that they'd retain the right to program the channel while still meeting their comittment to show all games live, and they'd retain the right to resell the channel feed internationally, including online.

Given we haven't given anything away yet, is it too much to ask the powers that be at the NRL to keep the value of these things in mind while negotiating the upcoming deal? Hullo, NRL?

Leigh

Last edited:

gutterfax

First Grade
Take it somewhere else and don't try to ruin every thread you come in contact with.

But eels....I thought you cared when you wrote:
well well well, look who turned up here.
This should be fun, there's a proper trolling forum here called TFC, I'm sure a few of us remember you from RLfans.

...as I said. Bitter? :cool:....still got a short fuse I see :lol:

Back on thread>
TV deals are not purely about numbers of people watching....even less so now with the internet snapping at its heels. Audience spread and coverage, split demographic and what is called the F-Factor are also key...

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Is anyone watching the AFl pissing contest on FSN right now? Its like a competition to see who can build it up the most.

Clobba

Juniors
Too late..you admitted to watching Boggerball.
LOL wow this is like heading to the shopping centre looking around at all the fat bastards and feeling better about my weight...except in relation to you it seems to be intellectual superiority not weight that I am feeling happy about ;-)

CC_Roosters

First Grade
at least the sydney studio mentioned how well NRL rates on fox

Seriously i don't think i could ever live in melbourne

Last edited:

gutterfax

First Grade
oh jesus Gutterfax is infecting this site now!
Hi JB. Don't blame me..blame...oh, hang on....yeah, Blame me :lol: and just Gutterfax will do...we're not on first name term yet.

I voted for it all to be available of FTA........then and only then will NRL really become the true national sport of Australia. IMO that is.

Noa

First Grade
Cant wait to see how much theyve been bent over just to get there target.

And who they will be paying money out to for the next 5 years as their will be a queue

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Cant wait to see how much theyve been bent over just to get there target.

And who they will be paying money out to for the next 5 years as their will be a queue

They will be throwing so much money at GWS and they will need every penny and more. They say clubs like Melbourne, NM and others are in serious financial trouble yet they have rusted on supporter bases with 30k + members!

Will be interesting to see whether live coverage into NSW/QLD gets culled given its shocking ratings.

Noa

First Grade
They will be throwing so much money at GWS and they will need every penny and more. They say clubs like Melbourne, NM and others are in serious financial trouble yet they have rusted on supporter bases with 30k + members!

Will be interesting to see whether live coverage into NSW/QLD gets culled given its shocking ratings.

Well just for starters you'll have GC & GWS, closely followed by, in no particuar order Port Adelaide, North Melbourne, Melbourne, Footescray, Brisbane Lions, Sydney, Richmond , Adelaide and then North again when they have to shift them to Hobart......Oh and expect the MCG and the players to both stick both hands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.