What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The two clubs in serious danger of collapse - Tele

adamkungl

Immortal
who cares rothfields a f**king dribbler. We all knew this was the case anyway. Multiple clubs have been running on the smell of an oily rag for years.

Shorty

Staff member
who cares rothfields a f**king dribbler. We all knew this was the case anyway. Multiple clubs have been running on the smell of an oily rag for years.
Definitely.

But honestly, of the teams mentioned most have had financial struggles before so I'm not really surprised.
And I knew Newcastle would be in some trouble.

Out of everyone though, I think the only team that has options limiting by the minute is the Cronulla Sharks.
Look - I can't picture the Sharks being anywhere but the shire however it's clear that things aren't going to change.
They need to relocate.

Stagger eel

Staff member
is fitzy still in power i thought the new board would of got rid of him

no mate, far far from it...

go to the Parra forum if you really want to know why he'll continue to survive this is obviously not the place to explain it but suffice to say it's going to take much much more than a football club ellection to oust him, however you'll know more about that in the coming 4 weeks.

Version 6

Staff member
Definitely.

But honestly, of the teams mentioned most have had financial struggles before so I'm not really surprised.
And I knew Newcastle would be in some trouble.

Out of everyone though, I think the only team that has options limiting by the minute is the Cronulla Sharks.
Look - I can't picture the Sharks being anywhere but the shire however it's clear that things aren't going to change.
They need to relocate.

The Sharks as an entity became completely redundant sometime around August 1998.

They've been on borrowed time since.

I heard Wok take a really good swipe at rothfield a couple of weeks ago on the ABC.

he basically said in his days of coaching he never came across a rugby league reporter he knew so little about rubgy league.

Johns Magic

Referee
If the Knights go they better be replaced by the Central Coast Bears.

I was originally a Bears fan so that's the only way I would still keep following the NRL.

Ausguy

Coach
must be nice to follow brisbane melbourne or canberra....as an example and not have to worry about all this just due to your geographical location....

AFL is jizzing themselves.

griffo346

First Grade
as ausguy said if it was my club was to fold league would of lost me

couldnt see me following a team after so many years of supporting my team

but im glad my team isnt in the list :)

Solid

Juniors
This blog is terrible PR for the NRL. Its a matter for those with financial interests in clubs, not really the fans.

Focus resources on fixing the leagues clubs if they are a major revenue stream.

Also many of these financial problems stem from the penetration of AFL, Rugby and Football franchises into markets occupied by league.
Competition among sporting codes (and between league clubs) to lock in fans for long term support in evidently increasing. And sadly league is losing to these emerging players in the market for fans.

Navjot

Juniors
With the AFL looking to set up a team out at western sydney in the future, the last thing we need are teams like parra and penrith falling over,its a must we shore up the nursery out in the west, before these grubs stake there claim.The AFL would love nothing else to waltz into the league heartland out west and find no competition to fight it.

Latest posts