What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursty gets off

Mr Saab

Referee
protractor5.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
In your "completely" unbiased eyes, do you believe that Inu should have been charged for that tackle....comparing that tackle to Thurstons.

no

Mr Sabb said:
I dont give a shyte about the Cowboys so dont accuse me of bias as he is a QLDr.

you're not a Queenslansder so wtf are you on about :?

jabroni

Juniors
Clock watcher said:
Anyway onward and upward
Bring on JT and the Broke Back Mountain Boys!!!!

Spear chuckers! Imagine a mother seeing that tackle and the player not being suspended for it. Something with a small margin for error, realistically, the result could've and has been alot worse with player suffering terrible injuries from tackles that started the same way and ended a few degrees worse. I would not want my child playing football knowing that something like that should only deserve the same punishment as having your hand in the play the ball.

Absolute joke, then they wonder why we are losing more kids to afl, which have all but eliminated dangerous contact in their tackling. Disgraceful!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
I rest my case about you and bias.

so because i don't agree with you i'm bias lol

great case you're trying :clap:

Mr Saab said:
I know, but you know i have not love for NSW.

then why have you spent your entire life living here?

move

Mr Saab

Referee
El Diablo said:
so because i don't agree with you i'm bias lol

great case you're trying :clap:

Inus tackle was fine was it? Based up how they talk about going past the horizontal?
Was Bell in more of a dangerous position "angle" wise than Koopu?

then why have you spent your entire life living here?
move

I shall be.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Inus tackle was fine was it?

you've already asked me that question. the answer is still the same.

Mr Saab said:
Based up how they talk about going past the horizontal?
Was Bell more vertical than Koopu?

i don't believe the tackle looked to go past the horizontal. that's why he landed on his back.

Mr Saab said:
I shall be.

sure. maybe you can ask locky for a lift in his jet.

Charlie124

First Grade
jabroni said:
Spear chuckers! Imagine a mother seeing that tackle and the player not being suspended for it. Something with a small margin for error, realistically, the result could've and has been alot worse with player suffering terrible injuries from tackles that started the same way and ended a few degrees worse. I would not want my child playing football knowing that something like that should only deserve the same punishment as having your hand in the play the ball.

Absolute joke, then they wonder why we are losing more kids to afl, which have all but eliminated dangerous contact in their tackling. Disgraceful!

small margin for error?? it WAS an error, you couldnt possibly believe it was deliberate.

if the result was a lot worse and the tackle was a few degrees worse, then it would have been looked at differently.

you have to look at what actually DID happen, not what might have happend if it was worse.

Azkatro

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Just because a ref does not put it on report doesnt mean the player cant be charged by the MRC.
The report system is there only so the team can get a free interchange, no more no less.
Yeah I realise that. But I was suggesting that Archer, who was on the field right in front of the incident and saw it happen, didn't deem it serious enough to report it. I don't think the referees are given enough leverage or credit anymore for making decisions on the field. Sometimes I wonder why they're even there.

Charlie124 said:
small margin for error?? it WAS an error, you couldnt possibly believe it was deliberate.

if the result was a lot worse and the tackle was a few degrees worse, then it would have been looked at differently.

you have to look at what actually DID happen, not what might have happend if it was worse.

you'd take a different view if it were say adrian morley or jason ryles who made the tackle

Charlie124

First Grade
morely and ryles arent halfbacks tackling backrowers. and theyre both repeat offenders (thurstons other offence was completly unrelated)

and not only that, even if it was ryles or morely you still cant say "oh, well it COULD have ended worse than it DID so he should be charged more"

ANYTHING COULD end up worse than it does.

Charlie124 said:
morely and ryles arent halfbacks tackling backrowers. and theyre both repeat offenders (thurstons other offence was completly unrelated)

exactly. guilty until proven innocent for some people which is why moz was always up on bullsh*t charges when he shouldn't of been and ryles is facing the same thing

beave

Coach
i always felt sorry for Moz, the man was always guilty before proven innocent. Hard, hard man, I always thought he might end up here in NQ because of his previous relationship with Muzza at Leeds. Awesome player, shame to see him run out of town by the judiciary the way he was.

Latest posts