What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

andrew9148

Juniors
No genius, it was up to Tauber to make sure everything was in place for HIS client to move to a new club. Our contact for Moltzen was HIS manager, not the Tigers. We had no need or requirement to deal with the Tigers directly. That is Taubers job.

So st George had no obligations to check? You agree with me ?

I think it's probably not the best way to do business.

possm

Coach
Moltzen, his manager and the WT all knew about the verbal agreement to release Moltzen. Without that verbal agreement - which these days is the norm - Moltzen and his manager would not have signed and the WT would have said publically right at the beginning that they had not and will not release him from the rest of his contract. Instead the WT just said Doust was out of line announcing it hours before the Tigers next game.

This is all yesterdays news. Saints are moving on and will sign Carney next week after the Moltzen saga is settled. Moltzen will stay at the Tigers and Saints will be compensated. The salary for Moltzen will be given to Carney.

I have been saying for a few weeks now that Carney is going to be at the Dragons next year. He is looking at a three year deal and I hope it is done and dusted next week. Just waiting for the Moltzen thing to be settled.

At the start:
Hornby to fullback
Carney to halfback
K Stanley to right center

Over time, make changes as necessary. Coach Price is going to be a first up winner in 2012.

gypsy

Bench
Moltzen, his manager and the WT all knew about the verbal agreement to release Moltzen. Without that verbal agreement - which these days is the norm - Moltzen and his manager would not have signed and the WT would have said publically right at the beginning that they had not and will not release him from the rest of his contract. Instead the WT just said Doust was out of line announcing it hours before the Tigers next game.

This is all yesterdays news. Saints are moving on and will sign Carney next week after the Moltzen saga is settled. Moltzen will stay at the Tigers and Saints will be compensated. The salary for Moltzen will be given to Carney.

I have been saying for a few weeks now that Carney is going to be at the Dragons next year. He is looking at a three year deal and I hope it is done and dusted next week. Just waiting for the Moltzen thing to be settled.

At the start:
Hornby to fullback
Carney to halfback
K Stanley to right center

Over time, make changes as necessary. Coach Price is going to be a first up winner in 2012.

Possm, your posts aren't that critical that you have you re-post everything you say into every possible thread....we all heard you the first 5 times.

possm

Coach
Ok I hear you..... just excited about it all. Carney will make a big difference to the speed and flair our halves are missing. Hornby can take the high bomb well, his positional play is excellent and when necessary, he would be good at becoming the extra man either side of the ruck.

As Captain, he would have a good view of what is going on and like Langlands, control the team from the back.

redvwhite

Juniors
You full of it Possm Todd won't be coming to the Dragons that's a certainty, looks like you will have to jizz over someone else.

If either of you have a founded reason why he will or why not then back it up with something substantial. Otherwise, it is speculation at best and you shouldn't post it for your credibility's sake.

Zip it.

Love my Dragons

Juniors
And I'm Ferris Bueller might have tommorrow off. Regarding Bang we may be talking to lots of mates but the strong word I've heard is he has agreed in principle to going to Sharks and told Gal as much.

Bang

Juniors
And I'm Ferris Bueller might have tommorrow off. Regarding Bang we may be talking to lots of mates but the strong word I've heard is he has agreed in principle to going to Sharks and told Gal as much.

I heard the same thing but the interest from the Dragons has changed things. See's the Dragons as a stronger team and thinks he will have more success there. LOL never know they might just be talking crap.

possm

Coach
Well the one thing we all know is that he has a release.

Up until Moltzen made it clear he did not want to go to the Dragons, Carney was on his way to the Sharks. But once the Dragons spoke with Carney, the whole game has changed because with the Dragons, Carney rightly feels he has a better chance of winning the competition. Also he knows the Dragons have the money to pay him.

Bang

Juniors
Dragons Recruit Vea For 2012
23/10/2011 1:45:04 PM
The St George Illawarra Dragons announced on Sunday that Atelea Vea has agreed to a one-year contract that will see him join the Club until at least the end of 2012.

The Tonga international, who can play in the front and second rows, began his career with the Cronulla Sharks in 2009 prior to joining the Melbourne Storm in 2011.

The Hurstville United junior has made a career total of 19 NRL appearances to date and will join the Dragons in November.

The Dragons can also confirm they have no interest in signing Todd Carney and have made no formal enquiries about his services despite reports to the contrary.

The Club is currently awaiting the NRL’s determination in regards to Tim Moltzen. For further information on the matter click here.
http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=44676&title=dragons-recruit-vea-for-2012

Bring back choc

Juniors
Has anyone seen Vea do anything good? I haven't.

I'd never heard of him.

Plus, it's old news. Was announced weeks ago. Not sure why they are confirming this again.

Anyway, all very anti - climatic really.

So basically we're the losers. No moltzen, no carney (personally that's a bonus for me) but in terms of us signing a replacement for moltzen... We're cactus

redvwhite

Juniors
I'd never heard of him.

Plus, it's old news. Was announced weeks ago. Not sure why they are confirming this again.

Anyway, all very anti - climatic really.

So basically we're the losers. No moltzen, no carney (personally that's a bonus for me) but in terms of us signing a replacement for moltzen... We're cactus

I had been watching him closely since earlier in the year when it was announced we had signed him and saw little that impressed me. 2012 is looking pretty ugly if you ask me.