What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney & Steve Irwin under investigation?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Poffosbiggestfan said:
:lol: I was wondering how long it would take for it to turn into a Knights-bashing thread. It did take quite a deal longer than expected though. But FFS Legend, you're telling us to look in our own backyard, perhaps you had best take some of your own advice. This has nothing to do with the Knights, its about the Raiders, Todd Carney as immensely talented as he is, and to a lesser extent Steve Irwin. Carney f**ked up, he needs to deal with the consequences.

Btw what the hell does your last comment have to do with this topic?

You're mob started it mate

Facts are, if this was Jarrod Mullen, you blokes would be saying the same thing we are. I dont care what you say, Todd is a good kid, he is 20 years of age and has plenty of time to turn his life and career around, id rather him do that in a raiders jersey whilst leading us to some success then in another teams jersey

Alex28

Coach
When did this become a Raiders v Knights thing?

I said that if he was sacked he should be banished from the game totally - not just allowed to go to another club. It would teach him absolutely nothing. I was dead against signing Sargeant given the way we treated Dane Tilse. I wouldn't want us to sign Carney given his track record off the field.

It isn't about who will sign him next. It is about how the game deals with people that bring the game into disrepute.

Apey

Staff member
I think some of the Knights fans on here just got a little excited that karma had hit R69 after the way he went on about Johns and his forced retirement, but it's looking like he'll continue to play atm.

For me, I don't really care. I don't think he should really be allowed to play after what has happened, but I wouldn't be that go crazy if he was allowed. Either way, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do :|

Raider_69

Post Whore
macavity said:
short memory + green tinted glasses = R69

short memorys?
Hah the irony!!

This thread was well on course and had stayed that way for 6 odd pages until some of you're fans decided to try and take this oppertunity to sink a boot into the raiders club and its fans, the irony comes in where these people support a club who have a far worse record with off field incidents then canberra do. Short memories indeed

This thread is about the an exceptional young talent in Todd Carney and weather he should be given the oppertunity to rebuild his life and career with the club he has followed since he was 3 years old, the club who developed him, stuck by him and should reap the rewards for his talents.

So lets stick to that shall, should Todd Carney have the oppertunity to repay his debt to the canberra faithful? I say yes. Sacking him will teach him nothing, but being given a chance to redeem himself he will learn many a lesson, he will have to earn trust back from his team and his fans. Going to another club would be an easy way out, from all reports Todd doesnt want an easy way out, he wants to rebuild his life and career at the raiders.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
short memorys?

So lets stick to that shall, should Todd Carney have the oppertunity to repay his debt to the canberra faithful? I say yes. Sacking him will teach him nothing, but being given a chance to redeem himself he will learn many a lesson, he will have to earn trust back from his team and his fans. Going to another club would be an easy way out, from all reports Todd doesnt want an easy way out, he wants to rebuild his life and career at the raiders.

Given his behaviour to date, i think we can safely say he's pretty much only interested in good pussy, getting drunk, and getting behind the wheel of a grunty car.

macavity

Referee
the irony indeed

the sh*t you give us

and your golden boy blows it

and you can't hack it

at any rate, most Knights fans have exercised considerable restraint in this thread

we have a worse record?

ONE incident.

.....and where did he go?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
ToiletDuck said:
Given his behaviour to date, i think we can safely say he's pretty much only interested in good pussy, getting drunk, and getting behind the wheel of a grunty car.

Given that he wasn't drunk that argument doesn't really hold up.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
macavity said:
the irony indeed

the sh*t you give us

and you can't hack it

at any rate, most Knights fans have exercised considerable restraint in this thread

we have a worse record?

ONE incident.

One incident?

Adam MacDougall and Robbie O'Davies anyone?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
macavity said:
do you know anything about that at all?

thought not.

Interesting you ask a question in your post and fail to give me a chance to answer it.

Drug cheats, the both of them. MacDougall to a lesser extent because of a medical condition but still failed to inform the league. Newcastles "hard stance" saw them back in Knights colours after an NRL enforced suspension.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
macavity said:
thought not.

Check mate.

Well go on tiger. I really wanna hear how you justify Robbie O'Davies, Adam MacDougall and Wayne Richards use of banned substances. Will it be Robbie's poor "it wasn't banned when I took it" excuse? Come on mate.

macavity

Referee
Wayne Richards was a drug cheat and sacked.

Robbie O took a supplement which unbeknownst to him raised his testosterone levels - he bought it from a health food shop ffs.

Doogs recieved poor advice from his doctor who said he didnt have to declare his meds to the Knights or NRL.

there you go "tiger".

jed

First Grade
macavity said:
ONE incident.

All credit to Tilse, he was the one player who had the guts to come forward and admit that he'd been involved.

As for the other gutless knoughts.....

Walt Flanigan

Referee
macavity said:
Wayne Richards was a drug cheat and sacked.

Robbie O took a supplement which unbeknownst to him raised his testosterone levels - he bought it from a health food shop ffs.

Doogs recieved poor advice from his doctor who said he didnt have to declare his meds to the Knights or NRL.

there you go "tiger".

:lol:

Well I'm convinced. The players excuses have to be accurate. I guess they would never make up stories like that so people wouldn't think they were drug cheats because we all know that athletes are completely honest about the topic. Goose.

Back to my point, the Knights have had to deal with more than "one" incident.

Raider_69

Post Whore
macavity said:
the irony indeed

the sh*t you give us

and you can't hack it

we have a worse record?

ONE incident.

one incident indeed. :cool:
TBH its not worth continuing on in this thread
i wont be wasting anymore time on it

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Raider_69 said:
one incident indeed. :cool:
TBH its not worth continuing on in this thread
i wont be wasting anymore time on it

Yep, done with it too.

I actually like the Knights as a team, but bloody hell some of their supporters :crazy:

KempoKnight

Juniors
Walt Flanigan said:
Yep, done with it too.

I actually like the Knights as a team, but bloody hell some of their supporters :crazy:

I agree and can say the same about the raiders.... The fact of the matter is Todd carney commited an illegal act after being warned previousley that this was his last chance. I honestly think the raiders need to make an example of him in one way or the other. While i agree if he was banned i wouldnt mind him playing for newcastle (i believe he is a talented player) BUT id be concerned about that because of his record and how it would effect my club.

Also whats with the bash the knights? while i know newcastle has done wrongs in the past this thread happens to be about Todd carney and steve irwin(although it seems people have forgotten him) so how about we keep on topic, take our green, red and blue glasses off and discuss this like adults instead of everyone here going on about how much they like to uppercut themselves and drink monkey spunk;-)