What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial v souths

I am so going to enjoy the Bunnies slide this year.

well.

they're still un sponsored for the home games. god knows who will pay peters reserve price of 2.5 million.

and they lost peter cusack. he was a big part of their success last year. losing a workhorse like him will hurt them.

spider

Coach
coolumsharkie said:
And no Pomm.. That makes 10 regular Starting FG'ers that were missing.
cant believe i forgot my fav player and our leading try scorer last year

sorry, third fav player - silly me

Special K

Coach
1. Kearney -looked decent when was on the field..
2. Misi - Works hard. Had a pretty good game dispite the three big fumble f**k ups
3. Simmons - Did some shocking arm grab tackles which resulted in misses. Put on probably the best shot of the night but when he blind sided someone
31. Filiga - Only played limited time. Looked real big and dangerous, I'd like to see more
5. Goodwin - Handled most of the kicks his way but dropped one for a easy souths try
6. Green - did f**k all. When Kimmorley was on the field he stood back and let him do all the work, when Seymour moved to 7 he did the same thing. Looked scared to call for the ball..
7. Kimmorley - to quote my girlfriend "who is that fat guy with long hair? he is sh*t. Nuff said. Also we were under the pump(and seen zero ball) early down by 2 tries and on the 3rd tackle he went for a 40/20 which landed just inside their 30...
8. Selmes - Looks good. I like his work rate for a man his size. Got knocked the f**k out bya head clash with Millington but
9. Seymour - Did nothing, same old Seymour. Kicks to in goal - to big, and nothing else
28. Sua - SHOCKING! Disgusting... He is just to big and unfit
27. Stephenson - Looked alright but nothing that made him stand out
12. Anderson - Fustrating. He looked dangerous but never backed himself or looked like passing. Switch him and Filiga for the next game imo
29. Millington - Worked hard in defence

4. Brown - don't think he played?
10. Peek - Solid. Our new stapleton
16. Storer - I've seen him before - where did we grab him from? He did nothing btw
17. Kingston - Worked hard, played well. Nearly scored a try with a dart out close to the line
30. Moa - Sam Moa killed someone with one run. In defence he hit like a brick sh*t house also. Very impressive but needs to do more.
32. Norrie - Massive! Didn't really notice him but
18. Nathan Stapleton? - Did well for being thrown in there after playing a game but looks a bit far off 1st grade
3. Brackin Henry - sh*t in 20s, worse in 1st grade.

There was a 19 and 20 who I didnt know also.. Both quiet

All in all a bad and depressing game. Souths looked so much fitter and faster, we were on the back foot from the first tackle. Sua struggled with the pace and was exploited early and the lads never recovered.

If I was to say anyone stood up for 1st grade consideration they would be

- Misi(even with those bad mistakes)
- Filiga
- Kingston
- Moa
- Peek
- Selmes

Meh,

was just a trial. Means sh!t all really. You guys handed us our rrses last year in the same trial and we beat you in both comp games. Any Souths fans that come in here getting all carried away need to go and have a good hard look at themselves!

What I don't understand is what Ricky was trying to achieve by throwing your starting halfback and most of your backline to the wolves? You guys got absolutely demolished in the forwards and frankly I'm surprised that there were no more injuries to the backs because of it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
30. Moa - Sam Moa killed someone with one run. In defence he hit like a brick sh*t house also. Very impressive but needs to do more

one of only three highlights -

second was that hit filinga made in the 1st half - that was good.
third was dave simmons. He has bulked up a plenty and looks threatening but he aint. At one stage in the second half he seemed to fire up, but didnt have any idea as too what to do. Very sad indeed.

Russell Crowe's Band said:
well.

they're still un sponsored for the home games. god knows who will pay peters reserve price of 2.5 million.

and they lost peter cusack. he was a big part of their success last year. losing a workhorse like him will hurt them.

The Sponsorship will be announced very shortly,most probaly after next weeks Charity Shield.PHaC did excatly the same thing last season,as to get maximum media exposure leading up to the opening round.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Different kind of Rabbit said:
Meh,

was just a trial. Means sh!t all really. You guys handed us our rrses last year in the same trial and we beat you in both comp games. Any Souths fans that come in here getting all carried away need to go and have a good hard look at themselves!

What I don't understand is what Ricky was trying to achieve by throwing your starting halfback and most of your backline to the wolves? You guys got absolutely demolished in the forwards and frankly I'm surprised that there were no more injuries to the backs because of it.

Thats exactly what has got me angry about all this sh*t... well said.

Apart from the fact that just the mere mention of TTG name makes me go insane.

amcoglory

Juniors
not sure about the stats, but i would expect more injuries to come from the forwards, would realy hate to see a major injury come from the trials, Still very depressed very early in the season with that score line

adamkungl

Immortal
My brother has got to be the only sharks fan in existence who thinks simmons is a first grade quality footballer. Fmd he is clueless

Surely

Post Whore
adamkungl said:
My brother has got to be the only sharks fan in existence who thinks simmons is a first grade quality footballer. Fmd he is clueless

No adammerkin i'm pretty clueless too fmd.

Latest posts