What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll dump thread

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see you're still being emotional and nasty instead of trying to work toward a resolution.

The Dragon Army undoubtedly work better in a hill situation but I highly doubt they flat out refused to use Bay 1. You may have written information of some importance but what about the detail? A list of unreasonable stipulations? Excessive ticket charges? The devil is in the detail...

Happy to work towards a solution. Been doing so with Steve Burraston and other members of the Knights management for the last two days. Unlike you, they have actually taken the time to treat my opinions with due respect. It funny how those that are in positions of importance don't feel the need to ACT important.

Unreasonable expectations? Yep - act in a socially acceptable manner and don't interrupt the game day experience of others. Just like it is (or should be) in every area of every ground in the NRL.

Excessive ticket prices? Even if they were charged full price (which large groups sometimes aren't at EAS), it's $5 a person or so more than the hill. Hardly excessive.

Any other details you'd like clarified?

STG-MACCA

Bench
"official response"

Most people had already purchased tickets for the hill pior to this offer and that is why it was declined, however it is planned for future matches.

The only expectation was that flags and signs are not used except when a try was scored or Saints entering the field and we have no issue with this.

We also have written confirmation that the hill was the place allocated to us and it was "standing room only" however claiming this on an internet forum hardly achieves anything and quoting these officials is hardly appropriate without their permission.

Cooper-Man

Bench
I have written information from both the Knights CEO and the Chief Financial Officer showing that the Knights in fact tried to do this for 2010, only to be stymied by the DA.

I won't bother posting it in full. It doesn't suit your argument, and therefore would only further make me "precious", "bitter", and of course a liar (or to quote you directly "full of sh*t").

TJS I have an email trail of conversation between myself and club officials.

They simply asked us WHERE we are located and I informed them that we will be standing on the southern hill.

They suggested for future that we think about using bay 1 and we accepted this. However over 100 people had already purchased tickets for this game by the time the offer was made therefore making it hard to communicate this. On top of that, by the time this was communicated to us there was only 600 GA tickets available as the stands had sold out.

Also, I have in writing that the southern hill is Standing Room Only due to it being the drinking area. This was emailed to me by a club official who is pretty high in the club.

i dont think it is fair for me to quote the officials on this public forum but should you want to take this further with the club i would be happy to produce the emails should an internal enquiry be arranged.

We will make an attempt to move to bay 1 for our next trip to newy however i dont think it will fix your problem as its the local Saints supporters you need to worry about not us. We dont know them and cant communicate to them or force them to come to bay 1.

I think this issue has gone above and beyond what its really worth and feel that someone is pretty bitter about something.

Like i said. I have everything in writing. Maybe you guys need to deal with the club about the local saints supporters and not us. I think you should just move on. Its gone on longer than the 08 thing did yet wasnt even 1/10 as bad.

macavity

Referee
TJS I have an email trail of conversation between myself and club officials.

They simply asked us WHERE we are located and I informed them that we will be standing on the southern hill.

They suggested for future that we think about using bay 1 and we accepted this. However over 100 people had already purchased tickets for this game by the time the offer was made therefore making it hard to communicate this. On top of that, by the time this was communicated to us there was only 600 GA tickets available as the stands had sold out.

:thumn

Sounds good to me Cooperman.

Obviously I was quite bitter about what happened, but that is water under the bridge now. The conversations I have had with the club have been all about a solution so that nothing similar happens next year, and I am stoked to hear that you are amenable to the club's suggestions.

Contrary to what some (or one at least) on here think, I am all about solutions for the future.

Hope your next trip to EAS is enjoyable, incident free, and most importantly, a loss!

Cooper-Man

Bench
Sounds good to me Cooperman.

Obviously I was quite bitter about what happened, but that is water under the bridge now. The conversations I have had with the club have been all about a solution so that nothing similar happens next year, and I am stoked to hear that you are amenable to the club's suggestions.

Contrary to what some (or one at least) on here think, I am all about solutions for the future.

Hope your next trip to EAS is enjoyable, incident free, and most importantly, a loss!

Thanks mate. We will come in MASSIVE numbers. LOL:D

Big Tim

First Grade
I think the shoe is on the other foot. You cannot expect a large group in excess of 100 people that at every other ground is given licence to stand and cheer to just sit down because of a few old locals who are used to an empty hill 10/12 games each year. To suggest the large group try to stand within the small space at the back of the hill behind the line is quite silly and not an achievable resolution.

Where you get the idea I can't accept the situation couldn't be handled better has me miffed - my suggestion (I think others even raised it before me) that perhaps the Dragons Army and EAS/Knights work together to allocate Bay 1 to them in 2011 and the future (like the Bulldogs Army did) may go a long way to solving these sorts of problems.

To be perfectly honest mate, I think you're letting a very straight-forward discussion on resolutions to this issue get bogged down in semantics and measurements. JMO.

Now who is getting personal.

My point is these old people probably wanted to sit down and watch the game. If you had 100 people willing to stand, I am certain that some of them could have taken a step back and allowed these people to sit in front.

Simple really.

I could mention the semantics and measurments, but that is not my point and hasnt been from the start. I was just asking where the common sense came from.

Timmah

Staff member
Tim, the common sense comes to not be sitting at the back of a hill to be perfectly honest. You've already seen a few people from the DA confirm that in their correspondence with the club they were told it was Standing Room Only so that does present a problem for your argument.

Let me present a hypothetical so you understand. Imagine if you were to go to Kogarah, get there at gate opening time, prop yourself in a nice comfy chair in a spot at the back of the hill... would you be shocked when the 200-300 strong Dragon Army then arrived and stood in front of you? It just seems like you're trying to read me a rulebook and not a common-sense one, athough it seems to me that is also up for debate.

As for these people whom were sitting behind the Army and your suggestion the Army step back and let them sit in front - who's to say it didn't happen? Who's to say those behind weren't abusive toward the Army in the first place? There's a whole raft of possibilities, I just think it's highly unfair to just say the Dragon Army was the evildoer here without knowing the full story of who did what.

TJS, it turns out what I was saying was correct - the DA had been in conversations with your club and was & is working toward a solution, you simply weren't aware at the time (and I was only able to assume). I'm quite glad a good path forward has been found, and even myself I look forward to the next time I head up to EAS, it's an awesome ground.

Big Tim

First Grade
Standing room only is an expression, not an invitation to stand wherever you want.

I guarantee you that the Knights will now refer to it as a "Full house" or something other than what they have here.

Timmah

Staff member
Standing room only is an expression, not an invitation to stand wherever you want.

Oh dear. Dear oh dear oh dear.

Next you'll try and tell me general admission means you can sit anywhere in the stadium :lol:

TooheysNew

Coach

Next you'll try and tell me general admission means you can sit anywhere in the stadium :lol:

He's right Timmah. It means all regular seating areas are filled, and the only space left is standing in places that aren't seating or designated for sitting.

It doesn't mean you have to stand, and it doesn't mean you get preference just because you're a group.

_snafu_

Immortal
Hi, I just wanted to point out that if you're trying for some kind of cute irony here, you've failed completely.

Point one: Get some new material. You remind me of Lucky Grills. Same lame jokes every year. If you need to make a comment on the club and it's cluture, then get something that happened this decade. Seriously, the drug thing, it's passe, old and not true. You should try a banner that relevent, something like "Saint! Choaking since '75" You know something that it true and real.

As for the people at the ground, seroiusly mate, if you don't like it don't come, if you do, follow the rules. It just shows your arrogance and the fact you don't respect other teams. FFS, I've never once gone to an away ground and antagonised the local. Why is it that the Choakers think they are above civility. What a tough man you are abusing elderly and children. At least you'll have something to think back on when the finals go the way they did last year.

And just a tip, you're luck I wasn't standing behind you. You would have been sitting down and you wouldn't have seen any of the game.

f**ktard.

Haha...What the f**k is "choaking"? Since 75? who won in 77 and 79?

Fail.

Big Tim

First Grade

No.

It does mean that I can sit anywhere in the GA classified areas.

How you think you are right on this point baffles me.

Freddo

Juniors
you should rename your team to the NEW NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS you have more kiwis then they do.

roopy

Referee
Really, it was Joey's try.
I could have strolled through the gap Joey made and put the ball down.

Or another way you could look at it is that half the Manly side tried to shut down Joey, and forgot he can pass too.

Latest posts