What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Broncos

jamaman

Juniors
i like having omar on the bench. both lock and manu are injurie prone. manu's just coming back from injurie so maybe he wont be able to last the whole game. wasn't manu training at centre in the off season so maybe he might get some time their he just needs to hold the ball and run non of our other centre pass. or you could bring omar on at about the 30 minute mark and move lock up to hooker for ten minutes.

I see how you got your name..:lol:

Blair

Coach
Replays must of shown Maloney missed the conversion yet the touchies both put their flags up at the 71st min, video ref stepped in at the 72nd min :D:crazy:

In the nightmare it ended 31-20. It only became 31-18 this afternoon because, when telling the story, I was distracted with work.

I never want to experience the Warriors scoring minus 2 points, ever. It's only possible in the above scenario though and highly unlikely!

This typo's made my night, I'll sleep happily now.

Warmess

Juniors
Hmmmm, Brown or Inu in the centres.... I guess they're about the same. Right?

We're gonna struggle with this one. I can't see a win with Hurrell out, he's much pretty the only guaranteed points scorer in every match.

If we manage to pull it off, it'll be the most significant win of the season, and we sure need that right now.

blain

Juniors
lol @ Omar at centre. Brown is not a centre, but that's plain ridiculous.

Agreed. Omar has had a bit of trouble moving to wing, centre is alot tougher. I think he might have potential there, but would need to do a Vulcans apprentiship first.

I'm happy with the team considering injuries, Mannering helps the current centres alot with his one on one tackling/covering, keep him there. Brown would have similar defence out there as Hurrell imo.

Skram

Juniors
Yeah defense isn't what worries me with Brown replacing Hurrell, it's the attacking side of the game when Brown is lacking as a centre.
His human-shield fend and run style is great for runs out of dummy half out of our danger zone but that's pretty much where his value as a centre ends. If we get the ball in good attacking position I just hope he either gives up the ball if there's an overlap or at the very least doesn't try one of his patented grubbers into the oppositions legs.

lol @ Omar at centre. Brown is not a centre, but that's plain ridiculous.

Not for the near future. We need to cement him a spot other than FB and Wing as we have Locke, Tupou, Manu, Hurrell, Fish as options. So it's not as ridicilous as you point out.

Bluey was training Carlos Tuimavave at Centre in the pre season, but I think Omar would be more suited to make the switch.

Brown is a 2nd rower we already established this shit throughout the year.

Aragorn

First Grade
I have a bad feeling we are going to get beaten hard tomorrow night... all it takes is a 10min spell where we go off the boil and they run in 3-4 tries just as the cowboys did last week... pray I am wrong on this.

vvvrulz

Coach
I have a bad feeling we are going to get beaten hard tomorrow night... all it takes is a 10min spell where we go off the boil and they run in 3-4 tries just as the cowboys did last week... pray I am wrong on this.

And we've been having 10-20mins of rubbish every week.

kos

Juniors
Bit of rain over here (SE QLD) might slow the Bronc,s speed men down and inprove our chances, Heres hoping.

hitman82

Bench
Ugh...

Speaking of dreams, I woke up today convinced a nuclear apocalypse was in progress. It didn't really bother me though - possibly because it would have meant I didn't have to see our team get taped n raped by the Broncos this evening.

Hurrell out is doomsday as for me.

Omar is obviously on the bench as cover for Manu and Locke. He'll play fullback or not at all, in my opinion.

Ok, if Manu, Mannering, Matulino, Lillyman, Maloney, Martel and Friend all have WOW games - we have a chance. We need our top echelon to step up and dominate and earn their wages.

Even though we are likely to get stomped into submission, I'm excited about Ikahihifo's debut! I've always rated this guy, and can't wait to see what he can offer in first grade. He's always had a bit more variation to his game than Benry or Taylor.

Blake

Juniors
Agreed, the boys are in for a tough night. Not tough as in "we ground out a tough victory." more like "it was tough to take leaking so many tries, they took us apart across the paddock."

Suppose at least that ginger English centre of theirs isn't playing. He usually gets a try or two against the warriors. Tormentor of sorts.

P.S. when do you think the Fish will ask for a release? What point next year? The guy is a pussy and constantly injured.

Scott

Bench
Does anyone else get the feeling that Hurrell may play?

He has travelled hasn't he??

JoeD

First Grade
Watch out for manu to get some game time in a position other than wing.