What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think a taste while blokes are broken is a good thing, sure keep his feet on the ground, ensure he knows its just a taste, and his main goal is to dominate his level, with the odd go in firsts and NSW cup.

I believe it is called blooding a junior.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Off topic, but is flanno allowed to call Valentine, as a friend, tell him his plans to ease him through the grades for a year maybe, two, then I expect you you be our fullback for
10 years?

cheese

Bench
There's no need to ease him through, just pick him. Him and brown both look about 6 foot and 90 kegs. They're ready. That ball brown threw to the inside man is a harrrd pass to throw against the grain at speed. I couldn't see Morris, degois or holdsnoworth having the skill to land that so perfectly

Gordon's time is up at fullback.... He can't ball play for sh!!t and it hurts us. Play him at centre or wing with val at the back and we'll be a less predictable side.

Holmes' twice the size and composure of gardz, and he was first picked for a couple of seasons.

He's ready. Play him, or we'll lose him. Give him ball lichas 300k so he doesn't go back north while we're at it

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Addo-Carr solid game.

Val Holmes great game.

Nu Brown even better.

But hey Val Holmes doesn't talk enough to get a start in firsts. FMD who comes up with these stupid assumptions. The kid is making every single one of the coaching staff making these decisions look like complete utter f**kkking idiots

Ads

First Grade
Addo-Carr solid game.

Val Holmes great game.

Nu Brown even better.

But hey Val Holmes doesn't talk enough to get a start in firsts. FMD who comes up with these stupid assumptions. The kid is making every single one of the coaching staff making these decisions look like complete utter f**kkking idiots

I would like to think both will get a go at some stage this year. Maybe once all the experience come back from injury.

The Popper

Bench
Yep. A one time coach of ours used to say: `If you're good enough, you're old enough'.
He won a few comps too.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Addo-Carr solid game.

Val Holmes great game.

Nu Brown even better.

It's the dew lanes Snoop, Holmes and Brown don't run the dew lanes.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Paris was an absolutely outstanding player in the juniors and lower grades. I used to sing his praises on here all the time.

Then he made first grade and it all went pear shaped. Has taken him 10 years to become a first grader of any use.

Although I think Brown may be one out of the box and Holmes looks good with the kids I will be forever wary of talking up kids too much after being #Simmofied

Quigs

Immortal
Yes Cap'n but at least Paris was allowed to run onto the pitch as a first grader for 471 consecutive games. He was given a fair / half chance to prove himself.

The current mob don't seem to want to give the youngens a few games to see how they fair.

How old was the Tiges winger that played yesterday.