What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Iamback

Coach
That is interesting, I assumed nsfc would continue to manage the Sydney side of pathways with funding from Norths. Do you think they will hand it all over to the Western Bears? The funding of the 4 positions did surprise me. Wouldnt that mean the disbanding of the nsfc board and as a seperate entity?

I was thinking of dolphins and Redcliffe but I guess that’s very different. Don’t think we have actually had a scenario like this before in rugby league?

I like to look at my club because I don't know how others run.

Mav Geyer has been playing some centre in NSW Cup because Ivan wants him as the centre cover in NRL.

If you have NS and Western Bears running seperately that stuff won't happen. You need both to be on the same page.

Very likely they will have a head of pathways in Perth and guys under him running the Bears in both states.

There needs to a direction, Body type that the side recruits from

Nuke

Staff member
Totally agree, is your Bear based off these two you found on the IP Australia site (below), I think the WA bid will want their own Bear, similar to the North Sydney Bear but slightly different, a Bear to call their own.
I know that the WA bid team lodged the Bear heads below because they had the lodge something and that they are still deciding on a final logo.
I think it will be something similar to what Nuke has devised, would you be able to do some different versions, I believe that they will definately use the wording style you have as it is in their newsletters and it does look good.
C’mon Nuke get to work lol.

View attachment 93607View attachment 93608
I started designing my mockups before I came across those. Mine are based off both the NS logos of the early 90s (the round logo) and the late 90s (the badge). The bear head emblems are a little different from eachother, by the way.
My logos took common elements from those emblems: basic head shape, front-on view, thus placement of eyes, nose, ears, mouth all align with the classic NS emblems. The placement of the shadows (the angle from which the sunlight was hitting the bear) was also a conscious decision. The mouth was pretty much just copied across from one of them with just a couple of minor alerations.

My logos were designed with the current theme of logos to be social media friendly (ie: simple, yet still unique). Those old NS logos have a shit-tonne of detail (nearly every strand of fur on their faces was depicted!), so really needed simplifying.

My logos also, for my own personal preference, need to have a hidden or subtle addition reference. In this case WA, either the shape of the state or the initials. My earlier versions had a W in one ear and an A in the other, but my final versions just had a big W on the cheek instead.

Along the way, those IP-submitted logos came out, but my thoughts, preferences, and ideas remained. The only addition to my logos since then was the wordmark, which I took directly from the NS & NRLWA press statements, presuming they're a taste of what's to come from their finalised logo.

@Centy Coast, you requested a red bear with gold outline. Well, here 'tis!
WB red mockup.jpg